Your grand plan and finances

You do not plan upon retiring? How would you manage that?

Noting is certain in life.
Since I left school have worked hard(long hours) for a few years then take 6 months or a year off- no work or income, just travel.
Like to keep doing the same.
Back to your question at the moment it's fine maybe later in life it will become a problem.

1-what age do you plan to retire and will you have a pension at that age
2-do you want to trade for a living or just supplement your lifestyle
3-what are your finances like
tumblr_n2l3tt9bH81tvslcqo1_500.gif

...if I was more like that Wolf of Wall Street guy...i'd gladly say so/brag about it... :eek:

1 Never
2 done both over the last 15 years, more of the same
3 average could be better, still have a mortgage

Main plan at the moment is training to crack sub 4 min mile, no mean feat at the age of 46, best time of 4.16 in my early 30s
Get more pleasure trying for this than money, working or trading.

respect......athletics was never my bag but understand what it takes to be at the level you are mate .(y)

respect......athletics was never my bag but understand what it takes to be at the level you are mate .(y)

Is anyone going to post their finances? @itspossible cares more about your financial situation than your athletic abilities, I think.

I used to play county level badminton.

The ability to compete, win and be driven with all the training, focus and concentration that requires is very intense.

Imagine a table-tennis player about to serve.

The ball in the palm of his hand. Bat in the other.

He pauses.

Takes up his stance.

Contemplates his action; where to place the ball, spin, speed against his opponents previous moves and strokes.

He might already anticipate the return and his own response but at the same time be poised to counter within his skill sets the unexpected return.

He serves!

Then there are amateurs, whose only objective maybe to get two bounces in over the net.

(y)

Is anyone going to post their finances? @itspossible cares more about your financial situation than your athletic abilities, I think.
im well into sports lol but ill start another thread about that;)
Im very interested in peoples life goals in general.
Does the person want to be mortgage free.
Are they happy with debt.
People dont have to post exact info its just their views that im after.
im a bit selfish and the kids will get the house but thats it.the rest is for my wife and i.Inheritance may come from my father but im not banking on that at all.

im well into sports lol but ill start another thread about that;)
Im very interested in peoples life goals in general.
Does the person want to be mortgage free.
Are they happy with debt.
People dont have to post exact info its just their views that im after.
im a bit selfish and the kids will get the house but thats it.the rest is for my wife and i.Inheritance may come from my father but im not banking on that at all.

If your kids are only inheriting the house, where will the rest go when you are gone?

In which postcode or city are they located in the UK?

Why bother going to Wimbledon if you are English?

To watch tennis! AT its best! There is no greater tennis tournament then Wimbledon. Thats a fact! If you dont't believe it, ask an pro tennis player! Wimbledon is about the love of the sport. Not about which nation (or really individual) wins it. I'm English, but respect Roger Frederer more then any other tennis player. Most English Wimbledon fans would probably say the same.

I think you are getting confused with the Davis cup, which is the "world cup" of tennis. Its final averages about 4 millions viewers world wide. Wimbledon mens final gets 12-13 million viewers world wide on average. Irrespective of which nations players are in the final, With the exception of the year Murray won. It pulled in about 18 million viewers,

SO to answer your question.... "Why would you bother going to Wimbledon if you are English." The answer is, because its the best and most prestigious tennis tournament in the world

Last edited:
To watch tennis! AT its best! There is no greater tennis tournament then Wimbledon. Thats a fact! If you dont't believe it, ask an pro tennis player! Wimbledon is about the love of the sport. Not about which nation (or really individual) wins it. I'm English, but respect Roger Frederer more then any other tennis player. Most English Wimbledon fans would probably say the same.

I think you are getting confused with the Davis cup, which is the "world cup" of tennis. Its final averages about 4 millions viewers world wide. Wimbledon mens final gets 12-13 million viewers world wide on average. Irrespective of which nations players are in the final, With the exception of the year Murray won. It pulled in about 18 million viewers,

SO to answer your question.... "Why would you bother going to Wimbledon if you are English." The answer is, because its the best and most prestigious tennis tournament in the world

OMG "to watch tennis", you don't say and the sky is blue! scratch that! It is always grey in England. :LOL:

I was pointing out that I find it ironic that the country that hosts Wimbledon has won it twice in 80 years.

No, you were asking why an English person would go to watch Wimbledon.

Lol at the classic "i was being ironic" come back. Re read of your own posts.+

No, you were asking why an English person would go to watch Wimbledon.

Lol at the classic "i was being ironic" come back. Re read of your own posts.+

No it is quite ironic. You would expect that the country that hosts the event will be good at it. When the reality is contrary to what you would expect and the result is amusing, then that's irony.

Screen_Shot_2015_06_28_at_8_58_02_AM.png

Jesus, i'll just re post what i said,. Trying reading and understanding., Its not about any nation winning! Although thanks for explaining irony to me. I guess your world champions at that too!

Jesus, i'll just re post what i said,. Trying reading and understanding., Its not about any nation winning! Although thanks for explaining irony to me. I guess your world champions at that too!

ironic.jpg

when you need to explain the fact that you were being ironic. Its means you f\/cked it up!!

when you need to explain the fact that you were being ironic. Its means you f\/cked it up!!

Nope. It just means you should consult a dictionary. Your intelligence is not my responsibility.