Your grand plan and finances

The irony is yes, we don't win Wimbledon often. Very rarely infact. Yet Wimbledon is still the most prestigious tennis tournament in the world. Thats where the irony comes into play. You seem to have got the concept of irony the wrong way round!. Aka, you just don't get it. (like most Americans)

The fact that that you're now picking up on minor grammar errors makes you look even more pathetic.

Last edited:
7ba7ceb0f7aca95f20664867348a9ea3.jpg

The irony is yes, we don't will Wimbledon often. Very rarely infact. Yet Wimbledon is still the most prestigious tennis tournament in the world. Thats where the irony comes into play. You seem to have got the concept the wrong way round!

You still have the concept wrong. The part in red is not an expectation.

No it is quite ironic. You would expect that the country that hosts the event will be good at it. When the reality is contrary to what you would expect and the result is amusing, then that's irony.

Screen_Shot_2015_06_28_at_8_58_02_AM.png

Nothing you have said nothing that demonstrates any of this.

Look at point 2, then look at what i said....

we don't win Wimbledon often. Very rarely infact. Yet Wimbledon is still the most prestigious tennis tournament in the world. Thats where the irony comes into play. Y.

Your point that England never win so there's not point us watching or going to wimbledon is not irony. Its just you being obnoxious.

I afraid if you can't grasp this fact after that, then i can't help you anymore.!

Last edited:
Nothing you have demonstrates any of this.

Look at what I said then look at point 2.

Spell check! What a concept! It would be quite useful for you here.

Expectation - England should be good at tennis since they are hosting the event.
Reality - They are not good at tennis based upon their track record of 2 wins in 80 years. This leads to the incongruity, which is amusing as a result.

Yep yep, back on the grammar trolling because you've been proved wrong!

No need for me to say anymore here,

Yep yep, back on the grammar trolling because you've been proved wrong!

No need for me to say anymore here,

How delusional are you that you think you have proven anything besides the fact that you don't spell check. It is not grammar trolling, it is about not *******ising the English language.

How delusional are you that you think you have proven anything besides the fact that you don't spell check. It is not grammar trolling, it is about not *******ising the English language.

SO what? I'm dislexic. Spelling is not my strong point and google spell check is crap.

Low blow, and well of the topic.

1 Never
2 done both over the last 15 years, more of the same
3 average could be better, still have a mortgage

Main plan at the moment is training to crack sub 4 min mile, no mean feat at the age of 46, best time of 4.16 in my early 30s
Get more pleasure trying for this than money, working or trading.
Re your main plan.I agree.A lot of pleasure can be gained from sporting activities.i love tennis and table tennis and i am very competitive,i play in several leagues and a lot of the game lies in the mental side of things rather than having great ability.
i used to do a lot of 3 mile cross country runs but i would be lying if i said i enjoyed running.(y)

Re your main plan.I agree.A lot of pleasure can be gained from sporting activities.i love tennis and table tennis and i am very competitive,i play in several leagues and a lot of the game lies in the mental side of things rather than having great ability.
i used to do a lot of 3 mile cross country runs but i would be lying if i said i enjoyed running.(y)

Some sports can be quite expensive. There are country club dues, the cost of buying and keeping up clubs. The country clubs usually have tennis courts as well. When you retire you also do more activities more of the time than you do or can do while working, which means you will spend more money. Cross country running will keep you fairly healthy and prolong your lifespan.

^^tennis membership £120 per year
club league matches cost £3 per match-may play 40 to 50 per yr.
table tennis is £3 per session and club matches are £3-Not too bad.
i go through 1 pair of tennis shoes per year £60 and 2 restrings £50.
All for under £500 per year.
I may take up golf later lol.

Last edited:
a friend of mine swears by leaving home and running 4 miles every day for 5 days a week ....the kit is cheap but the taxi fares are killing him on the weekend

N

Some sports can be quite expensive. There are country club dues, the cost of buying and keeping up clubs. The country clubs usually have tennis courts as well. When you retire you also do more activities more of the time than you do or can do while working, which means you will spend more money. Cross country running will keep you fairly healthy and prolong your lifespan.

in the uk we also have a popular scheme where you pay £60 a month to be a member of a gym and then after a brief spell of activity ....you only go once a month ............

seems to be more popular now with the gym owners than the members :p

N

in the uk we also have a popular scheme where you pay £60 a month to be a member of a gym and then after a brief spell of activity ....you only go once a month ............

seems to be more popular now with the gym owners than the members :p

N
lol-i used to go to the gym but hate it.
best excercises are push ups ,dips and pull ups,bicep curls
do them in the garage-cheaper
swimming is good but i always get cold.
well back to novaks first match gang-
just advertised car for sale-so many scammers trying to con you-just told one to foxtrot oscar............

^^tennis membership £120 per year
club league matches cost £3 per match-may play 40 to 50 per yr.
table tennis is £3 per session and club matches are £3-Not too bad.
i go through 1 pair of tennis shoes per year £60 and 2 restrings £50.
All for under £500 per year.
I may take up golf later lol.

In California, it is not that cheap. There is usually a $5,000 due annually plus it is $750/month for golf and $200/month for tennis at some of the clubs near me.

^^^^^^^^wow i couldnt afford that

There are a couple semi-public tennis courts, but they are on a first come first serve basis. The clubs in my previous post are among the cheaper ones. I usually buy on a per game basis. It's $135/game. Equinox has a good gym. There is even one in Kensington.

1-what age do you plan to retire and will you have a pension at that age
2-do you want to trade for a living or just supplement your lifestyle
3-what are your finances like
1) No pension. Retire? I plan to live my my life out and skid into my box sideways In as much unsecured debt as possible.
2) I trade only so I can post on T2W
3) Being a professional toilet cleaner by night and full time tarder by day takes it toll. But I goto thank the universe every day. At least im not american!

Last edited:
There are a couple semi-public tennis courts, but they are on a first come first serve basis. The clubs in my previous post are among the cheaper ones. I usually buy on a per game basis. It's $135/game. Equinox has a good gym. There is even one in Kensington.
whats the house prices like where you live.