YOU v Others

I wouldn't say anger, more frustration. I want others to better themselves and get disappointed when this is prevented by stubbornness or negative feedback from others. I'm grateful for what I have learned and the experiences I've been able to have through trading, and its unfortunate that others can't have those benefits. Sometimes only a little pride or a little stubbornness stands in the way. Sometimes people miss great opportunities they never knew about. Difficult to explain as they can't relate to what they missed and therefore can't appreciate how different their lives could be.

Split - if you check a few of my old posts you'll remember who my teacher was and some of the interactions he had with you, barjon, cj etc. There are some old wounds there as many here were given the same opportunity as I was but behaved disrespectfully in return. They made their own choice and in the end we all get what we deserve. I popped in here after years and had some initial enthusiasm that a few members were still trying to ask thought provoking questions.

My frustration now is the other side of that initial enthusiasm - this site is still the same in certain respects. Cool, nothing I can do about that, that is the way it has to be. People are people and we all share this human experience. I've no worries, no regrets, no anger - I made my choice, you made yours.

..............you'll remember who my teacher was and some of the interactions he had with you, barjon, cj etc. There are some old wounds there as many here were given the same opportunity as I was but behaved disrespectfully in return.................

lurker

Yes, I remember those too. A great chap he was (is) too and made some extremely valuable contributions for those who were prepared to listen and work. The only snag was that anyone who voiced even the slightest disagreement with but one iota of what he said was regarded as being "disrespectful" and I will always regret that I couldn't persuade him that such disagreements were all part and parcel of normal debate.

Anyway, it's been good to have seen you back - if only briefly. Take care.

jon

I wouldn't say anger, more frustration. I want others to better themselves and get disappointed when this is prevented by stubbornness or negative feedback from others.

People are people and we all share this human experience.

Stop trying to change others who are stubborn, negative, trolling, etc and you will be less frustrated and more at peace.

Just my opinion.

Peter

Finally.....someone understands!

Hi Lurkerlurker:
These statements are great!.....I was fishing here but got nothing until today.....wonderful.
lurkerlurker said:
If you are still experiencing emotions while trading or any self focused thoughts whatsoever then you are not yet trading "as if there is no YOU". Your mind should be on why and how others are transacting and are likely to transact.

lurkerlurker said:
It follows that you should only be trading conditions you can understand based on evidence. When this is in place, self focus should be unnecessary - although this is of course easier said than done, but that is not to say it is not or cannot be done

.....Thank you.....hoping you will stay around!

ISplit - if you check a few of my old posts you'll remember who my teacher was and some of the interactions he had with you, barjon, cj etc. There are some old wounds there as many here were given the same opportunity as I was but behaved disrespectfully in return. They made their own choice and in the end we all get what we deserve. I popped in here after years and had some initial enthusiasm that a few members were still trying to ask thought provoking questions.

Sorry, too many. You'll tell me, I'm sure, if you want,

Still Pond Reflects The Nature Of Things External To It

491227033_f3d4933ce2_z.jpg

lurker

Yes, I remember those too. A great chap he was (is) too and made some extremely valuable contributions for those who were prepared to listen and work. The only snag was that anyone who voiced even the slightest disagreement with but one iota of what he said was regarded as being "disrespectful" and I will always regret that I couldn't persuade him that such disagreements were all part and parcel of normal debate.

Anyway, it's been good to have seen you back - if only briefly. Take care.

jon

Who is it that you are alluding to?