Yahoo Finance UK

I can't access the site either, havent been able to since Thursday-ish?? No probs with the AOL (designed by Fisher Price) browser though :mad:

Is there a commonality among those that cannot access through explorer? My isp is aol version 8 not the latest version 9.

Regards

bracke

I'm running AOL 8 too bracke and Windows XP Home.

Tried the myIE2 (based on Windows IE) browser which cant access it either.

Hi again, yes temp internet folder was the first thing to go, along with any cache. all ie updates and defaults we're tried and yet nothing, tho because I'm not alone here I'm guessing there has to be a fault between aol/yahoo or yahoo/aol lol, yes i can access it thru the aol browser...no i don't want to as the system doesnt' work quite as i'd like it to.

I'm on win98 se, aol 9 (but have re-tried it on 8 still the same prob),
latest version of ie with the patch explaining if you have these probs to install? errrm I've worked with pc's and networks for over 11 years now and this is a first for me?

I also tried to contact yahoo without success so far but I'm still trying and will post if I have any joy, good luck people.

Masters was great, so very gripping, I'm so glad he won! well done.

Way

eminem & waylander 2004

It does appear that it is an aol/yahoo problem.

I am trying to contact aol and will report back as and when I get anywhere.

Regards

bracke

Ok cheers bracke.

waylander quote:

"yes i can access it thru the aol browser...no i don't want to as the system doesnt' work quite as i'd like it to"

waylander you're so diplomatic....the words I would have used are "its PANTS!!" or, somthing similar :cheesy:

Thankyou Bracke and everyone lol, yes ok "pants" or something to that effect would have been more suitable, ok I "hate" using the aol browser lmao.. it's so...hmmmmm "80's" ?

Thanks for the help everyone, usually when something like this happens, ive been playing or updating or something interesting but not this time, switched off one night it was fine, the next morning nada, zip, zilch, zero, nothing, lol,

Have a good day everyone and thanks again for any input

Regards Way

I have 'phoned the aol helpline 0800 376 5432 and was informed that they are not aware of any problem . I suggest that all of you who are having a problem contact them, the more calls aol get the greater the chance that they will do something about it.

Regards

bracke

I've also been having problems since last week trying to access Yahoo Uk, the US site is fine.

I would have thought the problem is strictly Yahoo and not AOL if we can access Yahoo UK through the AOL browser (which is pants) and not the IE one. Though I don't know how to contact Yahoo UK.

Just been on to AOL and made a similar report as bracke. Anyone with this prob needs to do the same as they told me the technicians are looking into it - that may be just a fob off so the more people that report it the better, it cant go un-noticed then. I contacted them via online tech chat, the more avenues that are used the better too.

Yahoo UK is my homepage and I have had a couple of problems accessing it in the last week but not for long and it seems fine most of the time. The finance page has loaded fine as attached.

Paul

Attachments

• yahoo uk.png
    yahoo uk.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 8,706
Just to confirm..... my problems also started on Thursday although my pal, who runs a similar computer system but using NTL, hasn't yet had a problem. I run W2K Pro, IE 6 SP1, AOL Broadband Vsn 8 and am located in Surrey. He is in Hampshire.

I have just phoned AOL dial-up helpline to reinforce bracke's report and yet again phoned the AOL Broadband helpline to chivvy them up also. That now makes 4 reports I've made to them.

I tried reverting back to IE5.5 but that didn't work. BT dial-up and IE also doesn't work. The only workaround I can see for the moment is using AOL's browser, as I've already said.

Please everyone, keep bombarding AOL helpline with reports.

Thought - I hope this isn't anything to do with the SS Fuhrer virus attack.

Trader333

Is your isp aol? - I suspect that it isn't as the problem appears to be with aol users.

Regards

bracke

Bracke

Please see my post of 02.03 pm yesterday. I am with AOL (B/band) but have also failed to access Yahoo UK Finance when using BT dial-up.

And can anyone find a way to contact Yahoo? I've searched their sites but can not find an e-mail address or a phone number.

Help, please!!!!!!

Orion

When you say bt dial up do you mean that bt.com is/was your email provider or do you have bt as another isp provider?

Oatman

Interesting - I clicked on the link that you provide but could not gain access, just the same problem as I have already

Regards

bracke

Oatman

Yes, that's the site.

In your response to Bracke mentioning Internet Settings, specifically which settings do you mean? What settings could I be checking?

Bracke

I do have e-mail facilities with ISPs such as BT but they are not my main ones. Why should the e-mail provider make any difference?

I have just done some checks and it is interesting what is happening I use NTL broadband but I also have AOL as a dial up backup so I tried using both and this is what I have found:

1) If you dial up on AOL and try to access Yahoo UK via AOL then it is fine as shown in the attached screenshot.

2) If you dial up on AOL and try to use Internet Explorer to access Yahoo UK then you cant but you can still get Yahoo.com

It would seem that it is to do with Internet Explorer being used via AOL that is the problem. If I use my broadband connection (NTL) then I can access Yahoo UK with Internet Explorer no problem.

This is certainly a strange set of circumstances but at least it should have narrowed things down a little.

Paul

Attachments

• aol yahoo.png
    aol yahoo.png
    53.2 KB · Views: 6,542