Wot Happens Next?

Oh, fl, what are we going to do with you.

Let's make a couple of things clear since you must have missed it:

1. The thread is supposed to be about using TA as a tool for trading - both entry and exit (more important)

2. It is NOT about the merits or otherwise of a break out strategy
3. It is NOT about the merits or otherwise of trading Diageo
4. It is NOT about making successful calls
5. It is NOT about giving you a platform to air your trading prejudices

In fact, since you seem to regard TA as a load of hogwash, I'm surprised that you comment at all. You certainly don't have anything constructive to offer.

Basic T/A is fine , it is a road map .How you use it is upto you.There is nothing wrong with basic maps.

Oh I get it , this place is about snake oil marketing of breakouts to noobs , any one else who opens his mouth , is considered a village idiot.He gets pissed on by the fls.

if you want to "open your mouth" by posting a chart as some sort of evidence that 80% of breakouts fail you go ahead
I apologise to all other village idiots out there for even putting you in that same category.

That is what Barjon's thread is about ,I don't know why started this thread .I could have answered in one sentence.

Of course you could - you are such a genius and from you know where, famous for it's geniuses.

:cheesy:

Of course you could - you are such a genius and from you know where, famous for it's geniuses.

:cheesy:

He wants to know entry exit , that is even simpler to answer .

It all depends on your risk reward expectations , everyone is different and everyone has a different risk tolerance .

It is more to do with trading with patience and impatience anf fear of losing.It is not about trading tp make money , that requires a load of patience and a trader who can sit comfortably with losses.He can't.

It all depends on your risk reward expectations , everyone is different and everyone has a different risk tolerance .

It is more to do with trading with patience and impatience anf fear of losing.It is not about trading tp make money , that requires a load of patience and a trader who can sit comfortably with losses.He can't.

Yet again you miss the point. I don't want to know entry and/or exit. I want to know how you might use TA to influence those decisions.

As an addition to earlier: The thread is NOT about my trading, my impatience, my fear, my ease with losses or anything else.

It IS degenerating to becoming about frustration with a pillock though.

Is CityBulls website no longer running?

Hi Barjon :p

22.60 is second support and 2300 is first suport , break of one support can be a fakey , so break of 22.60 may be serious issue .I would also watch other indices for a correction.

Stop below 22.60 and long at 23.43.If it goes to 24 mone stop to 23 , at 24.50 move stop to 23.50.:p

That is how I trade :p

Attachments

• DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.jpg
    DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 206
Hi Barjon :p

22.60 is second support and 2300 is first suport , break of one support can be a fakey , so break of 22.60 may be serious issue .I would also watch other indices for a correction.

Stop below 22.60 and long at 23.43.If it goes to 24 mone stop to 23 , at 24.50 move stop to 23.50.:p

That is how I trade :p

Hey you forgot the bit about the pint 'o Guinness

:LOL:

Hey you forgot the bit about the pint 'o Guinness

:LOL:

If you post/include everything into the context , including the worst enemy within , how many pints of guiness did he have to drink for every tick it went against him , he just opened a new can and it went click to block the negative emotions of fear , then trader333 will ban me for going off topic.

I only talked about t/a in this post .

T/a without discussing related human emotions and psychology is a worthless discussion.Discussing t/a trades with psychology of how t/a trades affect the traders , is a much more meaningful exercise.Every profitable method will include psychology of the trade ,the ones which lose can't handle it.Knowledge of psyche will provide a better robust t/a trading method.

A trader was given a profitable method , but he could not live with 100 tick losses , in the end he ended up trading the system on loss aversion method instead of the profitable method.It meant he was closing trades , as they went a few ticks against him and re-opening them, he did not want to lose , although he had the t/a he did not have nerves of stell to trade t/a profitably.

here it goes

Far as I recall, fl, you doubled up and lost on that leaving the original stop in place on the first trade and that's now perilously close with the trade underwater (again). This despite your view that 80% (was it?) of breakouts failed.

Maybe my cowardly exit will prove the better bet than your cavalier leave it alone :LOL: . We'll know when the fat lady sings.

Far as I recall, fl, you doubled up and lost on that leaving the original stop in place on the first trade and that's now perilously close with the trade underwater (again). This despite your view that 80% (was it?) of breakouts failed.

Maybe my cowardly exit will prove the better bet than your cavalier leave it alone :LOL: . We'll know when the fat lady sings.

"Tra-la-la" she warbled, "''tis all over now."

"Tra-la-la" she warbled, "''tis all over now."

2250 has to break before it is all over , election uncertainty at present , so not over in long term.:LOL::LOL:

You really want to go for highly volatile stocks , they give quick profits and hugh profits.

Attachments

• vvvvvvvvvvvvv.jpg
    vvvvvvvvvvvvv.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 196
2250 has to break before it is all over , election uncertainty at present , so not over in long term.:LOL::LOL:

You really want to go for highly volatile stocks , they give quick profits and hugh profits.

No good being wise after the event, fl :)

Just to remind you (again) the thread was nothing to do with what instrument to trade. It was about using TA as a tool (not a predictor) to trade, in terms of identifying trading opportunity, making the trade and managing that trade.

I happen to believe that it's exits that move your account and that trade/money management is the crucial aspect in a healthy bottom line. I know what I need to take from individual trades (anything more is a bonus) and I'm not interested in hanging on for hopeful home runs although I'll take any bonus which comes without set back.

Thus, I am 100% diverged from your set it and forget it approach.

Interesting move this morning, maybe the market thinks the Tories are going to turn to drink to drown their sorrows.

No good being wise after the event, fl :)

Just to remind you (again) the thread was nothing to do with what instrument to trade. It was about using TA as a tool (not a predictor) to trade, in terms of identifying trading opportunity, making the trade and managing that trade.

I happen to believe that it's exits that move your account and that trade/money management is the crucial aspect in a healthy bottom line. I know what I need to take from individual trades (anything more is a bonus) and I'm not interested in hanging on for hopeful home runs although I'll take any bonus which comes without set back.

Thus, I am 100% diverged from your set it and forget it approach.

What are going to do next?Don't you think market has tricked you , in short term noise , it will go without you?.When do you re-enter long Diageo?

What are going to do next?Don't you think market has tricked you , in short term noise , it will go without you?.When do you re-enter long Diageo?

When (if) it presents me with a trading opportunity.

Why is it you persist in talking about Diageo despite me explaining several times that it's about TA not Diageo per se. Are you being purposely obtuse or just unable to understand plain english.