Worst luck

cup243

Have you ever lost 13 trades in a row???

That, after losing over and over and over again previously.

Even if I didn't have an strategy, which I have, this shouldn't happen.

Feeling like a ****ing disgrace...

Cheer up mate , it happens one of my systems which tries to capture bull reversal had 30 losses in a row i lost 40% of my a/c and i followed my system to the letter. whose success % is 34% . If you have a system you should know its performance like maximum consecutive losses/wins , average consecutive losses/wins etc.

Last edited:
suggest stop trade immediatly and look over your system.
maybe it's just one of these days, maybe not

If you know for sure, that your strategy works, then it might well be one of those days/weeks, often it's a real test to ride those out and stick to your guns to see the positive trades the other side, but it's important that you do.

I had 11 in a row earlier this year. I took a few days off to review all the trades to be sure I was following my rules and then clear my head. Turns out the trades were good but the market just wasn't going my way for a few days. It happens.

Peter

Cheer up mate , it happens one of my systems which tries to capture bull reversal had 30 losses in a row i lost 40% of my a/c and i followed my system to the letter. whose success % is 34% . If you have a system you should know its performance like maximum consecutive losses/wins , average consecutive losses/wins etc.

Your system looks similar to mine, is it based on trend lines?

historic performance doesnt imply future results ;)

I have never lost like that but in my life, I have get lost repeat many times in some thing as games or girls. It's like you, you were overtrading and you hadn't prepared enough to trade (knowledge, timeframe,...)

Please stop and take a rest, then review and gain the experience every lost. Change your bad habits, then trade again. Good luck!

historic performance doesnt imply future results ;)

It does. The market DOES react to trend lines and support/resistance levels.

Not in a magical way that you can massively profit from, but the market does react to psychological turning points.

Last edited:

The only time I experienced such a disastrous performance like that was when I first started trading and was following a purely mechanical system. It was then that I decided to give up mechanical system trading and become a purely discretionary trader. That was the best decision I ever made with regard to trading. I’ve not had a string of losses since.

Gentlemen the system is live & the success ratio is quite good on this system despite its low accuracy and low accuracy is OK since its a trend reversal system after some bashing it do manages to capture the reversal . Its based on Previous 1-Day & current day volatility .
I just know one thing everyone says markets keep on evolving and this could not be further from the truth. there is only limited conditions it morphs into again and again and nothing "new" happens.

Did you follow your system accurately?

Are your stops much smaller than your targets?

Over how long a period did the 13 trades take place?

Did you follow your system accurately?

Are your stops much smaller than your targets?

Over how long a period did the 13 trades take place?

Yes I did. Yes, I do 1:4 risk reward ratios, and it's been over 3 weeks.
With a 1:4 I know there will be many losses, but jesus, 13...

Nonetheless right now I hold a profitable position (short AUD USD from 1.0250), we shall see...

Why were people trying to give advice to th OPs question before they even knew what his risk:reward, methodolgy etc was?

"I lost x trades in a row" is about as meaningless as "I made y pips this month".

Why were people trying to give advice to th OPs question before they even knew what his risk:reward, methodolgy etc was?

"I lost x trades in a row" is about as meaningless as "I made y pips this month".

Because x trades in a row was apparently more that the OP expected so in his case it was not meaningless.

Peter

The problem is that I have just started and I am losing all the time, even though I am following all rules of trading. Even if I did it crazy mode, I am not supposed to lose so much. Around 95% of trades are losses. I'll keep trying anyway.

The problem is that I have just started and I am losing all the time, even though I am following all rules of trading. Even if I did it crazy mode, I am not supposed to lose so much. Around 95% of trades are losses. I'll keep trying anyway.

There must be something wrong in your system most probably , try to remember the conditions in which your trades were profitable. try following the reverse of your "rules" you never know they might work as you say 95% trades are loosers perhaps 95% would become winners :innocent:

Trade smaller size or go back to demo until you figure out what is wrong. With a 1:4 rr it's not as bad as it sounds.

Peter