Article Three Trading Losses

T2W Bot

Staff member
1,461 60
Three losses in a row are tough. That’s about the most consecutive losses that novice traders are psychologically prepared to accept before they feel compelled to take action and ‘correct’ the situation.
If you’re anything but a total newbie, I’m sure you’ll recognize the symptoms:

Frustration – Why me? I’ve worked so hard. Everyone else in the forum appears to be getting good results with this strategy? Nothing ever works out for me.
Anger – That strategy developer is a liar and a crook. My broker is running my stops. Someone should be held accountable for this.
Doubt – What if the strategy doesn’t work? What if I can’t trade? How am I going to support my family?
Fear – I can’t lose more money, what will everyone say about me when they know I’m a loser? How can I tell my wife/husband that I’ve lost again?

And if that’s not enough, the novice trader will likely be afflicted with the crippling inability to pull the trigger on the next trade, in fear of hitting a fourth loss in a...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Codex

4 0
A strategy that worked last year might not work this year! I am newbie to trading but I understand that true constancy can never be found in the markets.

juddo

1 0
For a new trader, you are right on the mark. I have thought every one of those thoughts, and pretty much in the same order. I thought the article was great. It is good to know that you are not the only one.

MajorMagnuM

Legendary member
9,284 887
I know this. why oh why do i choose to forget it so often

MrLeverage

105 5
Three trading losses according to whom? Where's the evidence to back that up? Or is he just making a number up to anchor the article?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock