Worldspreads Competition

Well that was a waste of effort, then. Glad I didn't bother.

I admit, it's a bit disappointing given that everyone was expecting more but on the other hand, you can't argue with a 120% return either for those who only put £500 in. Took 1 week - nice little Xmas present for a few malt whiskies :)

Last edited:
185 winners so that is £540.54 - not £100k but for anyone who won with:
- £500 to start
- £50 profit (10 trades x 5 pts x £1 pp) minimum
- £540.54 winnings
- That's £590.54 return on £500 in 3 weeks or so!

Better than a slap in the face with a (snow frozen) wet fish!

185 winners so that is £540.54 - not £100k but for anyone who won with:
- £500 to start
- £50 profit (10 trades x 5 pts x £1 pp) minimum
- £540.54 winnings
- That's £590.54 return on £500 in 3 weeks or so!

Better than a slap in the face with a (snow frozen) wet fish!

Agree it was worth entering. And in fact it wasn't only open to new customers, so even existing customers with a hundred quid in a normally unsused account could have entered.

Aside from the money aspect, IMO it is a useful exercise from a psychological trading standpoint. E.g. Only trying to trade the best setups and hence incorporating some discipline into your trading. E.g. Say you were on 8 or 9 winners and a couple of days left, trying to stay focussed on your setups rather than thining about the possible big £100 thousand reward...that sort of thing.

Agree it was worth entering. And in fact it wasn't only open to new customers, so even existing customers with a hundred quid in a normally unsused account could have entered.

Aside from the money aspect, IMO it is a useful exercise from a psychological trading standpoint. E.g. Only trying to trade the best setups and hence incorporating some discipline into your trading. E.g. Say you were on 8 or 9 winners and a couple of days left, trying to stay focussed on your setups rather than thining about the possible big £100 thousand reward...that sort of thing.

Totally agree with these points...it was a fun psychological test and taking setups I would take normally and getting paid an extra £500 for my troubles was well worth it...this will pay for some fun over the festive period for sure.

Yep, better than "demo" competitions, not sure it promotes better trading though, as the 5 point rule technically promotes "take your profits quick... and let your losses run cos it might come back within 3 weeks".

I've mentioned a variation on this before - I believe they should have maybe had the 100k headline - split into 4 bits maybe - that way
- Highest number of winning trades in a row (5+ pts)
- 10 in a row with highest total points
- 10 in a row with highest total time
- 10 in a row as it was in the competition (5+ pts etc)
It may have encouraged more responsible trading and therefore possibly longer term clients?

Much better than the usual demo platform competitions, agreed, but I tend to think that anyone who has the skill/discipline to make ten winning trades in a row could have made a lot more money trading 'normally'.

Much better than the usual demo platform competitions, agreed, but I tend to think that anyone who has the skill/discipline to make ten winning trades in a row could have made a lot more money trading 'normally'.

I agree - I'm sure many traders closed out their position once they reached 5 points in profit - to 'guarantee' their chance of the prize

I agree - I'm sure many traders closed out their position once they reached 5 points in profit - to 'guarantee' their chance of the prize

Absolutely! Agree with both of you.

Far too many people agreeing with each other on this board. It's about time we all started being sneering, rude and abusive again.

Has any of the winners received cheque for prize money yet? :?:I think WS should publish list of winners and it should be subjected to an audit by FSA. :idea:

Has any of the winners received cheque for prize money yet? :?:I think WS should publish list of winners and it should be subjected to an audit by FSA. :idea:

Why don;t you ask them for a list and if you're not happy then take it further.
I'm sure Walkers Crisps don;t get an FSA audit everytime they have a competition :)

I haven't got my cheque yet - in fact i've had no response from them asking about it. Would be good to know if anybody's had any more luck?

Hello all,
I am one of the winners but totally Pi****d.
I did not put my time and effort for just £540.I was definitely expecting more money. on top of that They want you to be a part of some Ad campaign. Two fingers to them!
It was not easy though. i just played indices without stop loss. My theory was ..how much can you lose on indices like ftse,dax...100..200 points? I was ready for that as i was expecting to be rich!. Stupid me! ( i only bet £1 and ready to take profit at 6-7 points)
Waste of time if you ask me.

fast trader7 - have you got your cheque yet? i haven't received anything.

not yet, may be because of the holidays.
Remember they have to write 185 cheques and they say they only have about 3000 active accounts.so i imagine they donot have many staffs to write cheques:LOL::LOL: