Worldspreads Competition

Ross Spur

Make ten winning trades of 5pt/pip in a row and win £100k? I think the prize may be safe...:)

This sounds easy, I could easily move ftse out of hours by 7 ticks and spend only a few grand to do it ten times. (The order book is ****ing thin early in morning/late at night and you only have to move it 3.5 ticks either way from fair value)

It's all those uncertainties about how many others are playing that will cause problems I guess...

in fact if I knew about this competition earlier I would probably enter it, too late now...

You have until the end of next week, but no doubt there are plenty of T&Cs to disqualify anyone making suspicious trades.

u need to move the ftse 5 full points ...

Baldrick came up with this cunning plan

we need 1024 traders from the site. 512 go long,512 short. The winners then go forward to the next trade and do the same. Actually we wouldnt need that many. After its gone 5 points one way,1/2 take there money off,the rest leave the trade and hope it goes right. We could probably do it with about 200, thats £500 each.
Ah missed entry date i see:mad:

Baldrick came up with this cunning plan

we need 1024 traders from the site. 512 go long,512 short. The winners then go forward to the next trade and do the same. Actually we wouldnt need that many. After its gone 5 points one way,1/2 take there money off,the rest leave the trade and hope it goes right. We could probably do it with about 200, thats £500 each.

You seem to have forgotten about spreads...

I see a starting and closing date, but are you sure there's an entry date?

Seems to me that this is a pretty clever marketing wheeze from WS. They've probably analysed results and found that ten winning trades of 5pt or more very rarely happens, even for the most successful traders. Punters who really want to win the competition will be tempted to hang onto losers way past normal stops, hoping the trade will 'come good' eventually, probably losing much more money in the process.

I see a starting and closing date, but are you sure there's an entry date?

Seems to me that this is a pretty clever marketing wheeze from WS. They've probably analysed results and found that ten winning trades of 5pt or more very rarely happens, even for the most successful traders. Punters who really want to win the competition will be tempted to hang onto losers way past normal stops, hoping the trade will 'come good' eventually, probably losing much more money in the process.

there is a winner no matter what : " In the event that no participant completes ten consecutive winning trades (with a minimum of 5 points profit), then the client (or clients) with the highest number of consecutive winning trades will qualify for the prize. "

Should there be more than one winner during this period, then the guaranteed prize of £100,000 will be shared out equally.

Personally I think there will be multiple winners each having made the 10 winning trades in a row.

10 x 5pip winning trades should be achievable as long as you are very patient and disciplined and wait for the right setups.

The difficulty will arise if you get into a 'bad' trade and have to decide how far to let it go against you before quitting.