Why i think most traders fail? Change your ways. Now.

Hey I lived in Tokyo 5 years, graduated from the German school there, used to hang out a lot in Bill Hersey's lovely Lexington Queen where all the models went in Roppongi lol !

Nihongo chotto dake shaberimashta ne :)

Nippon beeru oishikato yo !

Yup, I went there a few times myself. Saw Simon Le Bon in there once, the girls were all over him like flies on doo-doo.

Roppongi kosaten, onegaishimasu (my crap taxi Japanese)

Yup great place, all the visiting stars went there didn't they, I was there till 1988 which makes me yonjuni, lol, 42 now.

I totally loved living there !

When were you there ?

LOL - believe it or not I lived there myself - about 6 months in Tokyo but most of the time in a small village called "Yatsuo" near Toyama. That place is a snowboarders paradise in the winter, not to mention an unlikely location for a Japanese MNCs software development division....

Well this is frigging cool a real Japan gang on here, what where you doing there DT, school, work ?

Reminds me of when I used to work in Tokyo, we'd go out for beers after work. If it was just the two of us, we would ask for "futatsu bieru" which may or may not have meant "two beers". If there were four of us, we'd just ask for "futatsu futatsu bieru" and hold up four fingers.

I wasn't nearly as bad as the Aussie guy who'd been there a few years already. We walked into a restaurant once and they all shouted "irashimase" (welcome). Even I knew what that meant, but he turned to me and said "What ARE they saying?". He simply never bothered to find out.

I learnt "mushi-mushi", essential when picking up the phone! :)

The strange thing about that was that they knew, at once, that I was a foreigner and switched to English. I thought that I could say it like a local ! :D

Split, you gotta kinda drawl it and swallow the I at the end .-)

Kinda Mosh-Moooosh type of thing.

Amazed how many people here were in Japan, good stuff, great place that !!!

Haha one of the funniest things: I went skiing with a buddy once who was half-Japanese, half-German, ie he obviously had perfect command of japanese.

We went to get ski passes and the guy hadn't looked up when my buddy ordered em, the clerk starts getting them, suddenly looks up, sees we're gaijin, or at least my buddy a half one, and what does the clerk do then ?

What's he do ?

In broken english proceeds to tell us that he no speaky english !!!

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Haha one of the funniest things: I went skiing with a buddy once who was half-Japanese, half-German, ie he obviously had perfect command of japanese.

We went to get ski passes and the guy hadn't looked up when my buddy ordered em, the clerk starts getting them, suddenly looks up, sees we're gaijin, or at least my buddy a half one, and what does the clerk do then ?

What's he do ?

In broken english proceeds to tell us that he no speaky english !!!

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

He'd been watching old Peter Lorre movies.

Reactions: BSD
I was there in 2000. One weekend I decided to go skiing, so took the shinkansen to Gala Yuzawa. The skiing was sh-t, but as you stepped off the train you were pretty much into the lift pass/ski rental area. At the back was a huge sign saying "GONDORA".

Split, you gotta kinda drawl it and swallow the I at the end .-)

Kinda Mosh-Moooosh type of thing.

Wow, Markus! I'll bet that got them going!

I can imagine " Hey, girls, I've got that sexy German guy on the phone, again" :D

I was there in 2000. One weekend I decided to go skiing, so took the shinkansen to Gala Yuzawa.

Cool.

We used to go to Hakuba, that was great.

hakuba%20happo.jpg

d8jk7l000002sjta.jpg

Well this is frigging cool a real Japan gang on here, what where you doing there DT, school, work ?

I used to be a self employed IT consultant. A sizeable Japanese team out there had pretty much self-taught themselves the 'process' of software development and I spent a year with the team helping them with 'art' of software development.

Or - to put it in the terms of the CEO in the UK that poached me from Ericsson Copenhagen & sent me there...

"5 years ago they brought version 1.1 of our product and made 2000 changes. They just brought version 4.0 and plan to do the same thing - Make sure they don't **** it up"

I am sure you can understand, having lived there.

The roadworks at Roppongi crossing went on for many many years, they might still be there. A chap would stand there in a smart uniform with an orange flashy baton waving his arm all day to direct the traffic around the roadworks. At 7pm he would pull out a cardboard cutout of a man in a smart uniform, with an arm with an orange flashy baton which slowly rotated, plug it in, then go home for the evening.

I've met a lot of traders whose background has been in IT. I can see why it attracts them, and would imagine they should be reasonably successful at it.

Hmmm. Yes. Analysis, problem solving, structure, money, solo pursuit. I can see that too.