Why are you proud to be a trader?

TraderQI

I'm interested to know what your reasons are for being a trader. What do you love about it? Is it the money, the risk-taking, the self-cultivation? What images or analogies does trading conjure up? Why are you proud to be a trader?

Forex is a tool to work with your risk capital. I have free money and don't like them keep them on my bank account, that's why I invest them in forex.

I didnt set out in life to be a trader I just bought shares with my wages and over the years I started to sell them when high and buy them when low. I also have got into Futures and Forex Idont know if I am a trader I think I am more a Risk Manager others on here are more a trader than me.

I'm not proud to be a trader. When people ask what I do, I tell them I'm a drug dealer and human trafficker.

I'm interested to know what your reasons are for being a trader. What do you love about it? Is it the money, the risk-taking, the self-cultivation? What images or analogies does trading conjure up? Why are you proud to be a trader?

Because I am successful at it and that gives me lots of personal satisfaction. And a very nice lifestyle too.

Good stuff guys thank you. I Have been trading for a living for a few years now and for me it was more of a calling. The process of trading itself is inherently enjoyable. But I also am intrigued to know how others in the business view it, so that is why I asked. I hope everyone can pitch in and share their views, especially on the idea of us providing value to society (by providing liquidity and making the very existence of publicly traded companies possible).

As TraderQI does i too enjoy trading, its riveting ha.. and its a great feeling when you have a good day... i work my own hours so im looking in to trading a lot more seriously now, and hope that at some point i can take things to the next level

i only do it to impress the fluff!(y)
when i get chatting to a right sort (yeah right) and they ask "so, what do you do?"and i reply "huh, i'm a currency trader" i know that they're coming back with daddio.....well that is until they get out to the car park and see that i drive a 15 year old pug 106 running on heating oil/tesco value mouthwash.:eek:

as i sit here in my mums house.... i mean my penthouse it gives me tremendous amount of satisfaction knowing that i'm a trader........... yep i'm proud to be a trader!
must dash the bailiffs are at the door again:LOL:

Good stuff guys thank you. I Have been trading for a living for a few years now and for me it was more of a calling. The process of trading itself is inherently enjoyable. But I also am intrigued to know how others in the business view it, so that is why I asked. I hope everyone can pitch in and share their views, especially on the idea of us providing value to society (by providing liquidity and making the very existence of publicly traded companies possible).

I have no illusions about providing value to society. I trade for me and my family and what it provides for us. The big advantage of being a trader is that it is a totally anonymous market. I have no knowledge of who are the other side of my trades. Nor do I care, because I know that they do not know or care about me. I actually like the anonymity. I trade to win and I am good at it.
If, by my trading I provide liquidity to the markets, then it is a by-product that I pay no attention to at all.

All successful traders should be very proud to have reached that level of success. Why you ask?

1. Well trading like many other things in life takes some good commitment and if you are successful you have joined the 5% that make it.
2. You are going up against some of the big banks, and large traders that may have some form of technological and information edge on you, so if you can turn a profit month after month you should be proud that you are besting your competitors.
3. If you have reached the successful trader status, then that generally means you have mastered your emotions, mindset, psychology, money management, and can therefore apply those skills to be successful in any of your other endeavors in life.

i only do it to impress the fluff!(y)
when i get chatting to a right sort (yeah right) and they ask "so, what do you do?"and i reply "huh, i'm a currency trader" i know that they're coming back with daddio.....well that is until they get out to the car park and see that i drive a 15 year old pug 106 running on heating oil/tesco value mouthwash.:eek:

as i sit here in my mums house.... i mean my penthouse it gives me tremendous amount of satisfaction knowing that i'm a trader........... yep i'm proud to be a trader!
must dash the bailiffs are at the door again:LOL:

Hey with rising commodity prices heating oil is getting rather expensive.
Try asking your local chippy for old chip fat oil.
My 14 year old 206 runs great on it :)
Its OK I don't expect any remuneration for that little nugget ;)

Hey with rising commodity prices heating oil is getting rather expensive.
Try asking your local chippy for old chip fat oil.
My 14 year old 206 runs great on it :)
Its OK I don't expect any remuneration for that little nugget ;)

might give it a go, does rick waller follow you around?:LOL: