Who here is a long term profitable trader?

It is why I started this thread....more stories would be good though.Rather than just "I am a full time trader". Like how did you get there? What style do you use? What's it like?

There are no secrets!

Plenty of different trading strategy's out there for free. Find one that resonates with you, then add your own twist to it.

Keep your risk tight and remember "waiting is working"
I like that quote.

I strongly suspect many new traders need a successful role model to follow. Or at the very least a successful trader whom they know by name and whose techniques are well known and recognised as sound.

Trouble is, the only people we hear about who are successful traders are mega-millionaire hedge fund managers plus a few Youtubers standing in front of supercars, who may not even be traders.

Whether you will win or lose is driven by your strategy. Of course this will be profitable long-term and you will have tested this by demo trading..........

You don't need to have a very good strategy in order to gain financial security, it just might take a few years of profitable trading, but there really is no excuse for trading for multiple years without making a profit. Alright, I've done it, and many others here have done it, but years of losing is not what it takes.

I'm at a place that is not enough to say im profitable, but kinda away from blowing up accounts. floating and getting by should be it

I am profitable since 2015. I traded a lot in 2015 - 2016 and only occasionally in 2017 - 2022 (not profitable + working on my perfect strategy). Only recently did I come back with a strategy that is solid enough and meets my own requirements by 95%. I lived off of trading alone in 2015 - 16 and partially in 2017 - 18 (money left from gains of 2015 - 16). Currently, following my comeback I see that I could partially live off the money I make, but I don't want to do it, because I want to grown my accounts faster. Here's my best account as of now - myfxbook.