Best Thread Which Online Forex Broker Is Best?

I'm interesed though; why WOULDN'T you trade ECN forex rather than retail, sure it's 'only' half a pip, but it still counts, why wouldn't ye?

in my experience there's a hair's breadth between oanda, IB, alpari, fxcm, dbfx, dukas or citi..customer service, good contacts, folk you might build up a relationship with, interesting innovations, forums, market research, all count moving forward..Now if you're talking Autobahn then yep I 'get the *need*..otherwise it's a pointless debate as I've not had major issues with any broker or bank.

Even a *huge* (LOL) single pip spread difference will make no impact to my success. Now it's easy to say "but using actuarial 20/20 hindsight you could have made x amount more there per annum..." honestly, what bo11ox, so I'll set my limits for 251 rather than 250 eh, or average stop at 104 as opposed to 105? Jeez..

LOL :) so you are FXCMs cheerleeder
first, I didn't wrote that I allways got 0.3 spread
I wrote between 0.3 and 0.8, usually, and it's variable!
you obviously dont have a clue what scalping is,
50 trades a day is a minimum for a scalper.
pro scalpers make easy 100 and more trades each day,
are you going to tell them they are
gambling noobs know nothing prics too?
sure it's gambling! it's all about probabilities,
don't tell me you didn't know that?
or did you think that the market is certain in any way?
but not that I care what you think,
and I don't know what my trading style have to do with it.
or why you are downtalking me like this?
and calling me a prick!? thats rude!
still not going to use FXCM

LOL :) !
you obviously dont have a clue what scalping is, 50 trades a day is a minimum for a scalper. Pro scalpers make easy 100 and more trades each day,

LOL...no it's actually you who doesn't have a scooby what true scalping is, which reveals your true level of trader evolution and ergo renders your imput on this thread irrelevant..:D You're a coin flipper who, on occassion, will be left with a few cents picked up in front of the steamroller each day. Real scalpers know intimately who is driving the steam-roller and you're so far away from that level it's acutely embarassing that you use the term..brokers must love mugs like you..

As for fxcm I cba what broker/firm/bank anyone uses, like I've stated I've hardly had any issues with the half a dozen or so I've used on my journey, they're all good but then I've had no major issues with any spread bet firm either. But to naively think that, as an example, Dukascopy as an ECN/NDD etc. will give the same treatment to a guy with a 1K account versus their VIP accounts with 500K+ is deranged.

excuse me! but what does Ducascopy have to do with FXCM's spread?
you seem to have more interest talking crap of me and my trading style,
than staying on the topic! we where discussing the spread of FXCM
not how I trade, my trading style have nothing to do with it,
but since you are pushing it so hard I can inform you
I make enough money scalping to know what Im talking about,
and I have friends who does it for a living..
so I guess we all scalp wrong then huh?
you may be a legendary member on this forum
but that doesn't entitle you to talk **** about others,

pathetic!

moderator! please rename this guys title
to Legendary asshole!

LOL...no it's actually you who doesn't have a scooby what true scalping is, which reveals your true level of trader evolution and ergo renders your imput on this thread irrelevant..:D You're a coin flipper who, on occassion, will be left with a few cents picked up in front of the steamroller each day. Real scalpers know intimately who is driving the steam-roller and you're so far away from that level it's acutely embarassing that you use the term..brokers must love mugs like you..

As for fxcm I cba what broker/firm/bank anyone uses, like I've stated I've hardly had any issues with the half a dozen or so I've used on my journey, they're all good but then I've had no major issues with any spread bet firm either. But to naively think that, as an example, Dukascopy as an ECN/NDD etc. will give the same treatment to a guy with a 1K account versus their VIP accounts with 500K+ is deranged.

1pip difference might not make more difference to your swing trading strategy, but i dont know what your average profit per trade is. Scalping is a mugs game though. you pay away so much in spreads.

Can you tell us what your average pips per trade is?

Also, i know alot about how FXCM price their platform and also 8 pips wide in gbpusd at 6:30am isn't great. This was on their FXCM micro platform. My friend opened an account with them and she got stopped below the low of the day, and they ended up adjusting the closing price by twenty ticks, but she shouldn't have got stopped out in the first place, but it wasnt worth the effort, so she just closed the account. I know who manages the majority of their flow, and i know what their pricing is like and how unreliable it is.

The platform is very cool and their pricing is good most times of the day, but their price is inconsistent at other times of the day.

Last edited:
excuse me! but what does Ducascopy have to do with FXCM's spread?
you seem to have more interest talking crap of me and my trading style,
than staying on the topic! we where discussing the spread of FXCM
not how I trade, my trading style have nothing to do with it,
but since you are pushing it so hard I can inform you
I make enough money scalping to know what Im talking about,
and I have friends who does it for a living..
so I guess we all scalp wrong then huh?
you may be a legendary member on this forum
but that doesn't entitle you to talk **** about others,

pathetic!

moderator! please rename this guys title
to Legendary asshole!

Sigh..if in hole keep digging or attempt to misdirect eh? OK, so you take 50 trades a day and make what, 20/30 pips on a good day? Yippy fookin doo..

Here's a thing, very little has changed in trading for decades or more, we buy, we sell, we get educated (or not in your instance) we hopefully prosper. Ask yourself a question "could your 'business model' have thrived 5 years ago, ten, twenty?" Nope is the answer. Now I'm all for internet asymmetry advantage, in terms of information, but what you're doing is a nonsense.

You have no skill you haven't really got a clue, your only advantage is spread and lightening reactions with your mouse..LOL..that's it. You're a pub level darts player who may win one week, lose the next.

OK let's breakdown your method; you take 50 trades in a trading day, let's say that's across 4 pairs - 12 per day on each pair. Stop of ten, target ten, usual 1:1. Now you'll get what; 30 winners of various amounts and 20 losers always close to your stop which in some cases will be taken out inside seconds? Out of the trades at least ten percent will fail due to bad fill or a variety of other reasons, quick moving market etc. You may be on a run of 3 wins, and bam! two losses one bad fill and you start again..You're panning for a glimmer of gold downstream near the effluent lake like a Charlie Chaplin era film character.

Before you self combust tell me what your definition of a scalper is and give us a few examples of how you trade.

1pip difference might not make more difference to your swing trading strategy, but i dont know what your average profit per trade is. Scalping is a mugs game though. you pay away so much in spreads.

Can you tell us what your average pips per trade is?

Also, i know alot about how FXCM price their platform and also 8 pips wide in gbpusd at 6:30am isn't great. This was on their FXCM micro platform. My friend opened an account with them and she got stopped below the low of the day, and they ended up adjusting the closing price by twenty ticks, but she shouldn't have got stopped out in the first place, but it wasnt worth the effort, so she just closed the account. I know who manages the majority of their flow, and i know what their pricing is like and how unreliable it is.

The platform is very cool and their pricing is good most times of the day, but their price is inconsistent at other times of the day.

Tales from the riverbank eh? We could all tell 'em..Like I've stated up thread several times, I don't have any issue with any brokers, banks or indeed SB firms. Here's the thing, I've had bad fills off DBFX..(soon to be gone to Gain), annoying when its low TFs, but when it's higher frames I'm not going to lose sleep or get annoyed, times gone past I'd fire of an e-mail but honestly, 5hit happens.

Very early days I realised that (for me) trading anything below a 2hr TF is a waste of time and imho day traders going lower than this are mostly trading noise, not really going to have a debate on it as honestly I cba. I've traded on small/low TFs, still do out of boredom on occassion, for fun, but it's a mugs' game imho..I wouldn't have a scooby what fxcm's quote on cable was at 6.30, don't log in to my systems/charts until 7:30, final log out/shutdown at approx. 1:15 am..if I get an alert to trade off my 2hr TF set up and I'm around I'll quickly scope it on the 4hr, 3hr and the 1 hr then pull the trigger, I'll look at the approx fill once filled. Here's a thing, if the alert sounded at 9pm and the spread was 6 pips on GBP/CHF I'd still take it, I wouldn't pass up on the opportunity just 'cos the spread was 5hite, why would I?

If I woke up one day and the best spread I could get swinging FX anywhere for the rest of my trading days was 6 pips on most pairs would I still trade? hell yeah..would I still make money? I reckon I would.

Tales from the riverbank eh? We could all tell 'em..Like I've stated up thread several times, I don't have any issue with any brokers, banks or indeed SB firms. Here's the thing, I've had bad fills off DBFX..(soon to be gone to Gain), annoying when its low TFs, but when it's higher frames I'm not going to lose sleep or get annoyed, times gone past I'd fire of an e-mail but honestly, 5hit happens.

Very early days I realised that (for me) trading anything below a 2hr TF is a waste of time and imho day traders going lower than this are mostly trading noise, not really going to have a debate on it as honestly I cba. I've traded on small/low TFs, still do out of boredom on occassion, for fun, but it's a mugs' game imho..I wouldn't have a scooby what fxcm's quote on cable was at 6.30, don't log in to my systems/charts until 7:30, final log out/shutdown at approx. 1:15 am..if I get an alert to trade off my 2hr TF set up and I'm around I'll quickly scope it on the 4hr, 3hr and the 1 hr then pull the trigger, I'll look at the approx fill once filled. Here's a thing, if the alert sounded at 9pm and the spread was 6 pips on GBP/CHF I'd still take it, I wouldn't pass up on the opportunity just 'cos the spread was 5hite, why would I?

If I woke up one day and the best spread I could get swinging FX anywhere for the rest of my trading days was 6 pips on most pairs would I still trade? hell yeah..would I still make money? I reckon I would.

My mate can make 13 ticks on his best strategy with 30% yearly return and 7% drawdown over a 6 year period. If you start adding bigger spreads that reduces the profitability significantly. I just think if you have a setup that works, you are a mug for playing on a retail platform, because you have no idea of the costs associated with the extra spreads you are paying. I personally get my trades rejected and accepted when my trades go immediately offside with certain brokers, but that hasn't stopped me trading with them because i'm not that price sensitive, but i know if i had a better setup, which i am working on, i would increase my profitable greatly.

Also, 8 pips at 6:30am. Ok you might not see this, but what if you have an open position in GBPUSD and your stop is 2 points away and suddenly their price goes 8 points wide, stops you out and then goes immediately to your limit?

Last edited:
I just think if you have a setup that works, you are a mug for playing on a retail platform, because you have no idea of the costs associated with the extra spreads you are paying.

sigh...yeah..OK..whatever..

Good luck with your 2k pips a week 9 ccy pair strategy. Cough BS cough. Soros trading on FXCM, yea right!

Ooh..now then, you've just revealed yourself to be a bitter little chap haven't you? Good for you..:D

My mate can make 13 ticks on his best strategy with 30% yearly return and 7% drawdown over a 6 year period. If you start adding bigger spreads that reduces the profitability significantly. I just think if you have a setup that works, you are a mug for playing on a retail platform, because you have no idea of the costs associated with the extra spreads you are paying. I personally get my trades rejected and accepted when my trades go immediately offside with certain brokers, but that hasn't stopped me trading with them because i'm not that price sensitive, but i know if i had a better setup, which i am working on, i would increase my profitable greatly.

Also, 8 pips at 6:30am. Ok you might not see this, but what if you have an open position in GBPUSD and your stop is 2 points away and suddenly their price goes 8 points wide, stops you out and then goes immediately to your limit?

Dear oh dear...words fail...

Dear oh dear...words fail...

You're just another retail chump, who thinks they know how to trade. I've shown my statement before to show i'm not fcking about. You should listen to someone like me, you might learn something.

It's just frustrating you speaking so highly of FXCM, and if you weren't a chump like you are, you wouldn't be trading with them at all. Just trying to help you out and you don't listen.

I wouldn't put 25k in a FXCM account. I can get DMA into a spreadbet for that amount of money. Not Prospreads either.

Good comment!
I absolutely agree 100%

You're just another retail chump, who thinks they know how to trade. You should listen to someone like me, you might learn something.

It's just frustrating you speaking so highly of FXCM, and if you weren't a chump like you are, you wouldn't be trading with them at all. Just trying to help you out and you don't listen.

I wouldn't put 25k in a FXCM account. I can get DMA into a spreadbet for that amount of money. Not Prospreads either.

Dear oh dear..it just gets better..

Retail chump eh..OK if you say so..

Learn off you? You're all over the place, "mate of mine says this, girl I know said this, my mate pozzy says this, anyone trading off a retail platform is a mug"..gtf you prick..

Speaking highly of FXCM? Don't think so, you need to read rather than letting your 20 year old hormones do your thinking. All the 'retail chump' platforms/companies I use/have used are fine; Dukas, Citi, FXCM, DBFX, Alpari..sigh, if only I was on the inside like you eh? :LOL:

Dear oh dear..it just gets better..

Retail chump eh..OK if you say so..

Learn off you? You're all over the place, "mate of mine says this, girl I know said this, my mate pozzy says this, anyone trading off a retail platform is a mug"..gtf you prick..

Speaking highly of FXCM? Don't think so, you need to read rather than letting your 20 year old hormones do your thinking. All the 'retail chump' platforms/companies I use/have used are fine; Dukas, Citi, FXCM, DBFX, Alpari..sigh, if only I was on the inside like you eh? :LOL:

If you're profitable and trading off a retail platform, then you're a mug is what i said.

Yea. You're right. I give up. Can't teach an old dog new tricks, i think the saying goes.

Last edited:
you know I also give up,
lets all bow to the best trader on trade2win.com,
the great black swan :whistling
amen!

you know I also give up,
lets all bow to the best trader on trade2win.com,
the great black swan :whistling
amen!

Surprised you've got time to type, I guess your lack of punctuation and the poor composition is due to carpal tunnel syndrome...;) But yeah, give it up..