Which is the best Spread bet broker and why

thanks bj21 !
yes ,they all want take my money ! haha... I really do not know their annual income requirement untill talking with them, it is too late to correct it ! I can not trade with a limit risk account...

Same goes if you are not in the UK, no matter what amount of money you put forward. :(

I can not apply for a standard account with igindex uk because of my annual income not meeting their requirement .Can i apply for a standard account with igforex.com or igmarket uk ? I do focus on forex! any difference betweeen them? thanks

Unless they have changed the rules, Fins will open an account for 100GBP. This will not be enough to get you started with the main indices, except SP500, because the margins have risen, recently, and Footsie, for example, has a requirement of 100 GBP for a 50p bet. It is enough, though, for UK shares.

If you use their training academy, you can trade under 50p for a period,afterwards.

City Index owns Fins.

Split

So who is the best?

Bit of a dificult question to answer.

Like saying I want to drive so what car should I buy.

What are you looking to do, off road, long miles, short journeys ect.

IG index are pretty good, they have a lot on their platform that should satisfy most needs. There is a tendency to over complicate with them but if you are looking for something particular like great graphs and timer settings ect, you should find them here.

I am not a regular user of their platform so I dont know about fill times and execution speeds but I do find there graphs and data supply very good, and its free once you have opened an account with them.

Is there a reasonable outfit that offers MT4 with a broad range of instruments, preferably with volume data. Preferably with a few of the favourite commodities.

Do any of the spread betters offer some sort of 'volume' on spot FX (even if its really 'quote change' volume)??

Cheers.