Which is the best Spread bet broker and why

Zaheer said:
Finspreads are Quality!!!

Sounds like you had a good win this morning. Tell us more!

I've said that I am satisfied with them and I shall remain with them until I get disillusioned. I hope that doesn't happen. I can´t compare spreads, etc. because I don't know anyone else but the service is good. Some people say that there is a delay while waiting for their quote after the trade but is pushed, but it doesn't seem to happen to me.

Split

Aren't NTRs important to anyone? If you're on a credit limit NTRs can take up a huge chunk. I use two brokers. One (Spreadex) because they've got (as far as I'm aware) the lowest NTRs around. e.g. DOW is 50, FTSE 50, NASDAQ 20, S&P 15, shares 5%. I'm not sure if these depend on your credit rating. Mine's rated 1 out of 4 (1 being the best).
The second one is Cantor Index. I like them because they have a great web trading system (which I can also check on the move via my XDA). They also have narrower spreads than Spreadex but their downfall is their NTRs. DOW 500, FTSE 500, S&P 500, shares 10%.

Can anyone tell me what the NTRs are at other companies? Should this be in a new thread?

Edster

Dear Split,
The irony is that the market went up and once again I have recouped all gains.
I need to work less and concentrate more on the market. Occasionally I can see pointers but then lose direction.
You are right I must next year get back into share trading.
Nice chatting and thanks for the replies.
Happy trading day tomorrow. Buy the way what do you think Greenspan is going to do / say? I think before Xmas he won't give the market any horrors - time will tell.
Heather

Edster,

The NTRs that you are getting at Spreadex are better than those offered by Deal4Free -

DOW 100; FTSE 50; DAX 40; CAC 30 and shares 5%. I am not sure what they are for the S&P or NASDAQ. Euro/Dollar; Pound/Dollar and Dollar/Yen 150; Pound/Yen 200 and Euro/Sterling 75.

Cantor Index seem to be way out of line.

CMC ( Deal 4 Free ) are good, as long as you have no technical problems.

I re-installed MarketMaker onto a new pc last week, and it doesnt work.
The CMC tech-dept have all of THREE technical solutions.
1: reset the Norton Internet Security ( understandable )
2: uninstall and re-install into a different directory
3: switch off 3D-mapping or something using DXDiag.

if any of the above dont work - they have NO FURTHER solutions to offer.

I have not been able to place a trade using MarketMaker for 5 whole days.
( have to use phone; fine for opening positions, as they match MetaTrader prices.
But when I go to CLOSE a position, the prices are suspiciously skeewd against me, relative to MT-4 prices )

( conserving capital by not trading :) )

Tightest spreads in fx

Has anyone compared which SB companies offer the the best spreads in currency exchange? Posting this question here because I think many other newbies like me could maybe be interested in this information.

http://www.futuresbetting.com/home.php

This is a firm I considered swapping to from direct access at IB. They're an SB but with spread anchored to futures, no positions against clients. It is more expensive than DA, say $3 plus per RT on emini with IB against nearer $12 with FutBet, but I can't see a better SB business model out there.

They've added FTSE 350 Stock bets, and maybe if enough people suggest it, they'll offer Sector bets too!

For me the tax advantage is no longer relevant, but if you value spreads that aren't running all over the shop and need the 'gambler's right' not to subsidise Gordon Highwayman Brown, then this should be the only SB for serious consideration.

I presume that the table of spreads on their site is per side - so you have to double those numbers get the round turn cost.

For anybody doing decent size (251+ per month) the costs do look very good. Is anybody here using them and what has been your experience so far ?

At the higher volumes (1001+) their spreads appear narrower than the underlying market, so does their business model need lots of losing customers (if the hedging cost is higher that the spread they charge the customer) or are they doing individual pricing to widen the real spread charge ?

gc1 said:
At the higher volumes (1001+) their spreads appear narrower than the underlying market . . . .
Rates are quoted are the £/Eur you pay per lot on top of the underlying market spread.

Eg for 1001 - 4000 pcm contracts in the Stoxx index, you pay Eur2 per contract per side (ie 4EUR a round trip).

Spread on the Eurex is usually 1 point = 10 EUR.

The "spread" column you see in the rate card is not the spread in the underlying contract but something like the fee / minimum tick size.

CMC spreadbet charts are really quite good and much improved over a couple of years ago.

jtrader said:
CMC spreadbet charts are really quite good and much improved over a couple of years ago.

pity there spreads haven't improved with all the new competition. to be fair they do have good spreads on shares. its on the indexes that lets them down. 8 spread dow june, compared to 2 with other competitors.

Dear all,
In your experience,
a) is there any SB company which apply a "what you see is what you get" policy or similar - ( within £50.00 per point)
b) and does not switch immediately to telephone trading when the market goes down?

Thank you for your help.

Trade Buddha said:
Dear all,
In your experience,
a) is there any SB company which apply a "what you see is what you get" policy or similar - ( within £50.00 per point)
b) and does not switch immediately to telephone trading when the market goes down?

Thank you for your help.
i deal with f betting and it is what you see is what you get as they are live futures trading, if it went down i suppose you would need to rely on the phone but they are prompt and only charge 50p per trade extra.

I can not apply for a standard account with igindex uk because of my annual income not meeting their requirement .Can i apply for a standard account with igforex.com or igmarket uk ? I do focus on forex! any difference betweeen them? thanks

I can not apply for a standard account with igindex uk because of my annual income not meeting their requirement .Can i apply for a standard account with igforex.com or igmarket uk ? I do focus on forex! any difference betweeen them? thanks

Dont be so honest ....they dont care ..... they want your money either way ......

thanks bj21 !
yes ,they all want take my money ! haha... I really do not know their annual income requirement untill talking with them, it is too late to correct it ! I can not trade with a limit risk account...