which is the best SB company?

sidinuk

Established member
624 5
that is true, they need to do that because the spreads are so tight. IG can afford to drop a point or two on market orders because their bigger spreads easily cover it.

The requotes only affect market orders. I used D4F for a long time and limit and stop orders are almost always dealt at the price you want, even if the market is flying. If you have a system that uses stops/limits for entries and exits then go D4F.

In my opinion market orders are for emergencies only anyway, for when you really need to get out of a trade. Generally you should know at what level you want to get in and get out so stops/limits are the best thing to use.

grubs50

408 0
but according to a poster in here, u need to cancel the stop when using D4F, that is also a negative in my book since everything should close automatically once u close that particular trade to which the stop is relevant.

sidinuk

Established member
624 5
D4F it seems try to offer a system very similar to trading in the futures market proper. In that respect they offer stand alone stop and limit orders which other sb firms don't.

Remember that stops can be used to enter a trade as well as to exit. This is a very useful facility if you want to go long on a breakout for example. The fact that stop orders are not attached to a working order is very much a plus as far as I am concerned. With IG you can't enter a stop on it's own to go long in a strong market or short in a weak market, you need to rely on a market order, hesitate and you might miss your entry by 20 pts!

In my opinion if you want to trade properly, cut out the middle man and trade futures directly. You can trade E-mini S&P500 futures realistically with as little as £3000. If that's a bit much to start with then D4F offers the closest experience to trading futures. If you just want the occasional gamble then go with IG or City Index. They are all bookies after all but D4F tries to offer half way sensible odds.

mmillar

330 5
If you're really worried about trading systems going down then you should have at least two accounts with different brokers. If someone's trading system goes down then half their customers are going to be calling them - no matter how good their telephone answering is normally, they are going to be under pressure.

mmillar

330 5
Then D4F is the cheapest, though TradIndex has the smallest margin requirements if you only need it as a backup.

DMFXTrader

26 0
Does anyone know if D4F uses limit orders that stay as as limit orders or do they change to market orders, i.e. during a volatile market can you get filled at a worst price than what you entered on your limit order?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock