Which Candlestick book?

Cigar

I want to read more on candlesticks (even if it is to understand Chartys postings!)
Amazon offers 2:
1. Nison..@£40. I think there was 2 of his books, which one?
2. Greg Morris..£21. Morris is a partner of J Murphy, so he must be decent.

Any views or experience.

Without a doubt Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques by Steve Nison.

John

Candlesticks? Then Nison
Nison? Ah! Candlesticks. He is the man who literally brought them to the Western audience. UNCLE is absolutely correct. Which one of the 2? I have not read the 2nd one yet (2nd in chronological order, the more recent), but I was highly recommended to read both, read the 1st and I am happy I did, I do not have details with me now, if you cannot find out whihc one is the 1st, which one the 2nd, bring this to the top, and I will find this out for you. I cannot find enough ways/words to recommend Nison's books to everyone who is interested in trading.
Incidentally, you may have noticed I refer to probably no more than 15 candlesticks patterns all together in my articles. This is partly because of my "style" (I try to be educative, and, one way of being so, is to remain consistent and stick to a digestible syllabus), partly because I deem these are the ones you really need to spot, partly because these are the most frequent, and, last but not th eleast, because these are the ones I spot more easily.
It is amazing how much insight you can get from this limited number.
See also my latest comments on the Nasdaq at the end of the thread here "Lesson on Nasdaq from Charty"

------------------
The above does not represent financial advice.

I would agree with not trying to use "the full Monty" with Candlesticks. I use as my open chart for they clearly show the situation of open high low and close, and then from that look for signs of reversals - all of which are listed in Nison's bible - that suit my trading style.

Good luck

John

[This message has been edited by Uncle (edited 12-01-2001).]

Thanks all, I'll have another go with Murphy. I think he has 60 sticks/patterns in his book, which sounds plenty sufficient.
Must admit.. I went and bought something completely different anyway. 'Cycles and Trading Channels'. I'm quite interested in the cycle side of things.

Nison's Japanese Candlesticks is the one usually recommended.
If you're into chart patterns there's one titled, Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns, by T.N.Bulkowski

Col

Candlesticks? Then Nison
Nison? Ah! Candlesticks. He is the man who literally brought them to the Western audience. UNCLE is absolutely correct. Which one of the 2? I have not read the 2nd one yet (2nd in chronological order, the more recent), but I was highly recommended to read both, read the 1st and I am happy I did, I do not have details with me now, if you cannot find out whihc one is the 1st, which one the 2nd, bring this to the top, and I will find this out for you. I cannot find enough ways/words to recommend Nison's books to everyone who is interested in trading.

The second book is Beyond Candlesticks, I have both of them and a third one which is Candlestick Training. I only study the course slowly and just finished about half of the book. They are very expensive but worth every penny that you spent.

If you want to learn candlestick and learn very well, don't miss Nison's training book. Nison is such a good techer in the way he organize the book, the test he provided to help you to test your progress.

I couldn't find it, I'd registered to the store but do not know how to mention the 6 DVD

Nison's Japanese Candlesticks is the one usually recommended.
If you're into chart patterns there's one titled, Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns, by T.N.Bulkowski

Col
- - - -

I try to come to Bullkowski's website ( thepatternsite.com) to learn as much as I can.

Could you tell me if this is a double-bottom chart ? I have some doubt due to the volume fairly high before the second bottom.
gigm64.png

The last word is I've found another double bottom chart a few minutes ago, which means the high volume in between 2 bottoms is not significant (need to go to Bulkowski's site to research)
ISPH6mo.png

Last edited:
Well Steve Nilson has made a lot of good information about it. I also have the "Getting Started in Candlestick Charting" from Tina Logan. This book is very good as well, and easy to read.