Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

"Nasdaq up - SOXX up etc"

Careful though VIX also up nearly 4% - options writers perceiving lots more volatility = risk and all that.

Hence the reason why I suggested a limit stop on my long.

Nice to see you look at the VIX peterpr.

Currently thinking if I should long the sterling and crude oil....5287 provides support.

.... And YM volume down to next to nothing for the past 15 minutes after astronomical volume for the first hour or so - most of which was associated with upward movement I might add - so the mini-Dow'ers were saying UP but are now beginning to wonder if they've been rash ???

Attachments

• ym73.png
    ym73.png
    21 KB · Views: 170
I've gone long on sterling and crude. 5290-5300 good support.

Got in on a decent level on crude. Dow level was good aswell but its giving away the days gains. Lets see if the buyers creep in. Crudes doing well!

an analyst does not trade - they are employed to give an opinion that is then used to get work for the company they work for

professional traders - unless in a hedged position - would tend to close out all positions overnight and work dynamically with the market during the trading day - altering their view - as the market progresses during the day and avoiding having any opinion on the markets further than moments ahead

Strategic Trader said:
an analyst does not trade - they are employed to give an opinion that is then used to get work for the company they work for

professional traders - unless in a hedged position - would tend to close out all positions overnight and work dynamically with the market during the trading day - altering their view - as the market progresses during the day and avoiding having any opinion on the markets further than moments ahead

Eh...? (Also re your earlier post)... whilst an analyst may not trade, it is a prerequisite that a trader analyses. The trader must therefore have an opinion as to the direction they believe the market will move prior to entering a trade; in order to trade confidently (and successfully) they must also believe that they are right with regards to their opinion - however short-term their horizons may be.

Strategic Trader said:
an analyst does not trade - they are employed to give an opinion that is then used to get work for the company they work for professional traders - unless in a hedged position - would tend to close out all positions overnight and work dynamically with the market during the trading day - altering their view - as the market progresses during the day and avoiding having any opinion on the markets further than moments ahead

All in your opinion - and largely semantics. The REALLY professional analysts I know aren't employed by anyone - other than themselves.

Preacher-Man said:
Anyone know if YM trading is still seized and whether this will affect $10 dow futures trading?
BTW - PETERPR - what platform are you using? I'm interested in how to see intra-day volume. Cheers.

Esignal

and I haven't had anything from CBT since 19 minutes past three either. Don't know why. It's not impacting on my current trading activity though so I haven't chased it.

peterpr said:
Esignal

and I haven't had anything from CBT since 19 minutes past three either. Don't know why. It's not impacting on my current trading activity though so I haven't chased it.

Thanks V much.
Any other Esignal users out there? Do you rate it?

Was it a half day in Germany?My Bund data runs from 1pm on Sierra.Rollovers tomorrow

Not sure Jonny.

Anyway heres a good question for all that read or participate in this thread.....

Todays close.....above or below 11,000?

Post you answers.....

Thanks

user said:
Not sure Jonny.

Anyway heres a good question for all that read or participate in this thread.....

Todays close.....above or below 11,000?

Post you answers.....

Thanks

User, you still long from 10933...? If so, I sure hope we see 11000 today for you. I'm STILL not in, but yes I do think 11000 is on the cards.

close below 11,000.

am going for 10,995 region ;)

gives them enough reason to welly it through tomorrow, without getting too overbought short-term ;)

FC