Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

righty ho... time to get comfy...

market is gonna move like the proverbial clappers (ive got a pair of those) in about 40 mins..

probably not even gonna dummys its intended direction first either..

greyhounds on standby

Are you sitting comfy...? Then we'll begin.
You all holding your breath? Or did you get giddy like me and jump in already...? :eek:

Its a contrasting number! figures are suggesting all sorts.

get those fingers crossed..

if this market closes down now, then the top really does have to be in??

Futures just touched 10900. Lets see what happens. A high close would show the breakout but agreed, a close down would be bearish.

You guys got some balls!

....yeh of steel! :devilish:

The unemployment figure rose so hopefully we'll see a late (dumb) reaction towards that.

Shorts or long !!!!!!!!!!

New to this board. Currently long on the Dax. Waiting to see the opening direction on the Dow when the market opens and looking to go short.

Can see that there are both shorts and longs here - good contest - let the story unfold

user said:
Futures just touched 10900. Lets see what happens. A high close would show the breakout but agreed, a close down would be bearish.

Good luck to the bears.........

However, I'm watching that break of 875 which could be very very significant - you know the old theory that severe resistance, once broken, becomes support ........?

Let's see if it works......?!

Tightened my stop up to 10865 - very tight I know, but I'm trading at my heaviest level ever so I've now locked in 26pts (as 'locked in' as you can get in the market).

I'm probably only day trading this one and almost certainly much lighter than you 'balls of steel' players...! :cheesy:

user said:

Yes and then there is an unfilled gap on the S&P at 1203

erie

well... assuming the spike up holds into the open, there is divergance all over the shop on every timescale on most of the indices..

unless the market goes sideways to work it off, its going down.

unless it goes up, of course, to borrow a phrase from TS. ;)

I have a feeling that crude oil is still gonna be the critical factor in Dow's movement today esp after all the other data are released after 3.00pm.....we would wander past 10900 but it is not gonna hold imho.

erierambler, yes there would be.

TS 10875 is also my significant level.

My two shorts are going against me but my sterling and swiss are not doing bad.

The interpretation so far is that the bond markets are showing a mixed reaction. The currency markets, euro and co did spike down but then reversed higher as the unemployment rate rose. Then you have the equity markets which are obviously reacting positively to this data.

My interpretation is that the figures are of contrasting nature and this should imply volatility.