Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

The Euro and £ has shot up since the US data was released making investment in USA companies cheap for Europeans so I think it will continue to rise for the next hour but when the Euro markets close will we see the sell off?? I still don't understand why the dollar has weakened after this report - ti's costing me a packet!

affirmer said:
The Euro and £ has shot up since the US data was released making investment in USA companies cheap for Europeans so I think it will continue to rise for the next hour but when the Euro markets close will we see the sell off?? I still don't understand why the dollar has weakened after this report - ti's costing me a packet!

Another way to look at that might be that the weakening $ cause your investments in US stocks to lose value thereby leading investors to sell US stocks and move their money into Euros and £

No No its not on the cards until the close. Close is final.

Anyway bad luck FC. I'm still alive, just about. Come on fail 10900. Oil do something :devilish:

Yeh rogue trader thats a great way of looking at it.

The currencies haven't cost me so I'm happy. As for the indicies....so far....its probably going to cancel my days gains.

affirmer the reason why they are going up is because there was a rise in the unemployment figure it was around 5% someting.

"OPEC will reassure the world oil market Friday it won't cut output at current price levels, Dow Jones Newswires quoted an OPEC source as saying. A statement is due later which it will also indicate the group's intention to add more oil supplies if needed, the report added"

any idea when exactly the report is due..?

I feel we could give up the days gains. It is possible.

So caution is warranted and wait for the close and then decide upon direction.

Oil Oil Oil!

Interesting we've seen reversals before so do not discount the possiblity.

SOX is interesting as it has potential suppt at 431, 432 level from a trendline in place since early Feb and the 20 day sma

10900 could break now, intraday double top. Possibility

NYSE TRIN creeping higher though the internals remain very bullish Naz bullish but not so strong

might see 940 as a high today, then 11110 on monday.

then a drop into wednesday before a bounce..

that is, unless we have some mental moves in the next 4 hours...

:eek:

mpjordan I still hope it works out...

I was just thinking and basically if we end up only 17 points on the Dow then no doubt everyone will be looking quite bearish however if we remain at current levels then everybody is bullish. 70points that decide such a definate direction in the short term. Funny isn't it.

FC 11110 on Monday or 11010?

early afternoon went long at 10860 , took a 10 point profit, wrong! went short at 10895 stopped out at 10930. net loss -25
If your still hanging on user, be comforted, watch it go down now i'm out.
Martin

be comforted, watch it go down now i'm out.

Why does everyone feel like that :devilish:

Anyway one of them got cashed out and one of them still alive.

Lets see what happens.

Better luck next week mpjordan