Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

I have a feeling we will visit $55 barrel again in the short term. Hopefully it'll be today!

Come on oil!

user said:
The interpretation so far is that the bond markets are showing a mixed reaction. The currency markets, euro and co did spike down but then reversed higher as the unemployment rate rose. Then you have the equity markets which are obviously reacting positively to this data.

My interpretation is that the figures are of contrasting nature and this should imply volatility.

How on earth do you guys manage to keep such a close watch on so many different markets at once...?

I can see I have a long way to come...!

Fc and user,
you of the big gonads, where are your stops? or is that a personal question?
Martin

mpjordan said:
Fc and user,
you of the big gonads, where are your stops? or is that a personal question?
Martin

It's no more personal than the on-going testicular comments...! :LOL:

I just thought its worth posting the different reactions we are seeing in different markets obviously supporting that this data is mixed.

If I cashout of my currencys and indicies I could balance the day to zero. Should I?, Shouldn't I?

Decisions decisions...... :devilish:

rollocks to that User... take a chance..

my stops are at 10940..

but then again, i usually hold for a bit longer than most people here..

Today's shorts:

10870 SL 10970.
10845 SL 10955

Where have you got yours FC?

Currencys have gone higher. I get out of all at profit now.

But, I'll probably hold on...... :rolleyes:

anagram fun.

thricesoftened and ruse think it's going down.
dreamtarts thinks it's going up.
champ earner thinks it's going up and has tightened his stop.

I'm short at 900 with a stop a 907 and looking for a G&T on the shaky premise that this BO is the most obvious long ever, and hence deeply suspicious.

user said:
If I cashout of my currencys and indicies I could balance the day to zero. Should I?, Shouldn't I?

I'd be inclined to bail out of the indices and let the currencies run up some more profits. Don't like break-even days - seems like a waste of all that sweating...! Having said that, I've not got enough experience yet to base that decision on any fundamentals - just pure TA.

frugi said:
I'm short at 900 with a stop a 907 and looking for a G&T on the shaky premise that this BO is the most obvious long ever, and hence deeply suspicious.

I'm with you re the BO, but grabbing whilst I can. What's G&T?

right here we go..

5 day chart.

SOXX way way down (mostly yesterday)

divergance on both RSI and Stochs.

low-ish risk short ?

but what about that humungous triangle i posted yesterday, and the support at 10870..

ah balls?

Attachments

• down.jpg
    down.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 158
Gotta go out - very reluctant, but got a good broker keeping me up to date.
Will catch up on all the fun n games later.

Good luck all...

Gordon's is better suited to removing wallpaper imho. Plymouth all the way ... (snob)

Gap and trap: Euphoric gap up often on good news, allowing the professional money transfers inventory to eager retail buyers at high prices, followed by "unexpected" selloff. Locks in longs and makes them unhappy. As is happening now :)