Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

Well if the Dow is kind to me this evening I will take the day off and have a watch of that

Evening all,

Fairly new trader here, not doing too bad :D Just wondering what peoples thought's on the Nasdaq (specifically the Nasdaq100) are. I've been trading the FTSE, DJIA and Nikkei with some success, but was wondering if theres an opportunity on the Nasdaq. Gut feel is that it may be setting a new support level at moment and then push on higher. Having said that my gut is not that sophisticated - yet!

Hope everyone else's trades are going ok.

Hello, SlimSladey. If your thinking of buying NQ, be careful! If i was you i would be getting ready to sell it. It's probably better to wait and watch this one. Good trading.

RUDEBOY said:
Hello, SlimSladey. If your thinking of buying NQ, be careful! If i was you i would be getting ready to sell it. It's probably better to wait and watch this one. Good trading.
looking over the nasdaq yesterday, i would have to second that.

Hi Chaps day off for me tomorrow I may have a look at the close of the FTSE
Target for the move 607 but anything around 630 is fine

Looks tired to me. :arrowd: :?:

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 202
leovirgo said:
well done... exactly 740 and closed in negative territory. :D
Well dc2000 deserves to be congratulated.

He originally said that he expected the Dow to hit 10740 before any pullback. He subsequently posted that he was waiting for 10740 to be hit. He then confirmed that he had gone short at 10740 and subsequently stated that he is looking at the 10607 - 10630 area as his target.

Now that is real projection unlike Alberts BS innuendo and subsequent claims of success.

LOL: Strange that old Albert has not been around on this board lately following the various responses that he received to his most recent "claim" !

I still think the Dow is rolling over in the longer time frame. I made a right hash of it yesterday and got stopped out with too close a stop and then it plummeted !

Shares of American Express (NYSE: AXP - news) fell more than 4% Wednesday after the firm told investors and analysts that higher write-offs for customer bankruptcy filings and increased spending would hurt fourth quarter earnings.

The credit-card sector has been hit lately by losses from a larger-than-expected rash of bankruptcy filings as investors hurried to file before new laws making the relief harder to secure.

The Dow may sell off in the afternoon, but with BA, CAT, XOM, HP and IBM all up over 1%, I wouldn't bank on it. However, if we do sell off, it will be interesting to see how low we go.

10665 is now providing serious support, 3rd attempt to breach since late in yesterdays session.