Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

CMC Problems

rustic1 said:
I am having problems with CMC last night. I opened a trade 10203 then closed it at 10250 my account was in profit & flat. I then looked 20 mins later and a trade appeard short. I tried to contact them through the chat window, telephone & Email. Telling them I have not placed anymore trades No results. Today I get an email saying that they cancelled the origional trade due to bad price so instead of closing out my position I opened a new one. They did not tell me that when they took my order & my ticket turned green.No one tried to contact me at all to explain the problem

I have emailed them again today has anyone else had any experience like this & any ideas how to deal with it best.

Thanks

rustic

CLOSE THE ACCOUNT THE TRUST IS GONE !
Regards :( :( :(

Hi guys and gals,just to say that probably wont be in the chatroom today.Have a bad chest infection and running a temperature,not feeling at all well and seeing the doctor this afternoon.Hope to catch everyone soon.Happy trading.Ash

'Citigroup said third-quarter earnings rose 34.6% to $7.14 billion, or $1.38 a share, with revenue up 14.7% at $21.5 billion, helped by a 34.6% increase in corporate and investment banking revenue and a $2.12 billion gain on the sale of life insurance and annuities. Earnings from continuing operations of 97 cents a share were below Thomson First Call-compiled forecasts of 99 cents, though the revenue figure was above consensus forecasts of $20.5 billion. '

A lot of Dow components reporting this week and also there is a new storm brewing in the Gulf of Mexico

rustic1 said:
Thanks Racer

who do you recommend using who have a good record?

Rustic

If you are using a spreadbet company then you are using a market maker and relying on their prices and the way they move the spread.
Perhaps have a look at the other threads on spreadbet companies to get a better idea, rather than just me suggesting one.
But I would recommend that you go for futures/YM if you are daytrading the Dow and not do it via spreadbetting

NY Fed's Oct Mfg Index Down To 12.08 Vs Sep 15.58

The bank said that its Empire State manufacturing index for October ebbed to a reading of 12.08 versus the revised 15.58 seen the month before. October's reading was below the 19.0 predicted by economists.

I'm out of the daily long with a profit but staying with the December long

Racer said:
Considering GM up about 8% and MO up 6% the Dow isn't doing a lot
This upleg shouldn't last long - it should turn mid week and then head back south to retest 10200 again !

MMM, MO and GM about the only ones holding the dow up today, not broad based buying making it go up 46 points

Reactions: JFK
Racer said:
MMM, MO and GM about the only ones holding the dow up today, not broad based buying making it go up 46 points
Those 3 stocks have artificially pushed up the Dow in comparison to the SPX and NDX today. Therefore a 60pt rise is not representative of a broad based rally. Probably see some consolidation between 10300 - 10400 tomorrow before the next move down commences.

Reactions: JFK
IBM posts $1.5 billion fourth-quarter profit

SAN FRANCISCO (AFX) -- International Business Machines Corp. on Monday reported a third-quarter profit of $1.5 billion, or 94 cents a share, compared to $1.6 billion, or 92 cents a share a year ago. IBM (NYSE: IBM - news) 's net income per share was boosted by a reduction in total company shares outstanding. Revenue came in at $21.5 billion, below Wall Street expectations and down from $23.4 billion, as the company didn't record revenue from personal computers after selling that unit to China's Lenovo Group. Excluding one-time charges and items, IBM said income from continuing operations was $1.26 a share, or $2 billion, up 17% from a year earlier. Analysts surveyed by Thomson First Call had forecast IBM to earn $1.13 a share on revenue of $21.7 billion.
This story was supplied by MarketWatch. For further information see www.marketwatch.com.

kriesau said:
This upleg shouldn't last long - it should turn mid week and then head back south to retest 10200 again !
I totally agree but I think there will be one more test of 10,000 before heading upto the 10700 level and above again.....