Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

Sisters ain't following yet, mind... :)

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minder
If it breaks through to the upside, having broken down out of the trend referred to in SOC's post, where is it ?

Is the trend restored, or is this new territory ?

Good question and nobody knows the answer ! If they try and claim that they do then they are charlatans and/or liars.

We are currently in a 10200 - 10350 trading range - a convincing breach of either these threshholds will indicate market direction.

Minder it will go 10090 to 11400 but then I could be one of the above :LOL:

Apple down nearly 10% on after hours earnings announcement

Apple profit soars but iPod sales miss estimates

Apple

Among decliners yesterday, Pfizer slipped 15 cents, or 0.6%, to 24.30, reflecting caution ahead of a legal ruling relating to cholesterol drug Lipitor. Ranbaxy Laboratories, the Indian generic drug maker, has challenged Pfizer's patents on Lipitor in the U.S. and abroad, and a court in the U.K. is expected to rule on the case Wednesday.

amarshak said:
Hey racer what happened to the chat room

Thought you weren't there....join in .... just waking people up and get them to participate

kriesau said:
Good question and nobody knows the answer ! If they try and claim that they do then they are charlatans and/or liars.

We are currently in a 10200 - 10350 trading range - a convincing breach of either these threshholds will indicate market direction.
Still at the lower end of the 10200 - 10350 range. Several tests of support at 10200 today but this has held firmly so far with buyers coming back in at this level.
Pfizer, J & J and Boeing have limited the downside today.

Another bearish day..currently futures at 10193 so we could be looking at the 10000 very soon guys from my chart a breach of the 10,000 and then we are looking at 9700 region.hmmm
Very confused generally the marekt tends to pick up after mid october...will have to wait and see..
Tommorow again I think it will try one more time to come up if not then we are definately looking at the 10,000 region.

The markets seem to be disregarding any good news at all...

Personally I will be going long tommorow for a quick 30 points if possible I think it will attempt the 10250 once more.... :D
Happy trading

Thanks for your comments racer..

There is a reason for being in the market.....there is a reason for being out of the market. I DON'T KNOW, is not a good reason.

If I don't know is an honest opinion wouldn't that be better than losing your money. If you cannot distinguish a definite trend in either direction then being honest with yourself is the only option. Being late or on the tail end of what you think you have determined to be a specific trend will also cost you money when it reverses on you intraday or the next day. Only those who don't deceive themselves will succeed. Being honest an admitting to not knowing when you absolutely don't know or aren't completely sure is the difference between those that win and those that either are lying or are foolish.