Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

I've gone long tonight - a quick scalp is in order of course... before the slide continues....

The current state of the market is: Down

and down it was......

A seller below 10450-500 and a buyer above......

So much excitment after yesterdays rally.....and now? Well wipeout of yesterdays gains for starters.....

The weekly candle was so bullish.....well nearly.....it had a little more to do......

Now we're sitting down for the week.....

Friday should be fun.......Maybe another triple digit decline...... :arrowd:

Energy stocks were a major factor in todays declines... oh wonder what the media will make of that..

Oil goes down, uh, um, errrr, oops and the Dow did as well?? Must be a mistake.... no better not say that..

'The Dow fell because of energy stock declines on thoughts that oil will no longer be in demand because of energy savings, purchase of draught excluders and loft insulation and more efficient driving by consumers whilst going to the shops to buy more things, also it was noticed that there was more bulk buying to save on shopping trips, ordinary purchases are not affected because of this'

Dow futures up 45 points in overnight thin trading... very convincing buying that is.... hmm, one could get a little cynical about that :eek:

Make that 50 now, well FTSE 250 isn't convinced because it is down more than 0.5%

considering the futures were actually falling way after hours after market close last night, this huge overnight buying seems a little odd

Last edited:
Racer,
Don't think it was odd at all...last two days up and down formed a perfect doji of indecision therefore after a high range day move of over 130 points the odds for a bounce would look good enough especially as there is an obvious tight spot to put the stop.

Has anyone an opinion as to whether the S&P 500 leads the Dow or perhaps the Nasdaq leads both ??
Currently the S&P is up 2.5 points ( equivalent of 25 Dow points )
The Dow is down 45
The nasdaq is up 14

Quarterly results from Caterpillar Inc. , however, served as a reminder to investors that the third-quarter earnings season has been somewhat of a mixed bag so far.
Shares in the heavy equipment maker tumbled as much as 10.7% to $48.27 after its third-quarter came up short of analyst expectations. The company, a Dow component, said increased sales and higher sales were offset by manufacturing costs and that it planned to work through 'capacity bottlenecks.'

CAT taking 41 points off the dow

Pat494 said:
Has anyone an opinion as to whether the S&P 500 leads the Dow or perhaps the Nasdaq leads both ??
Currently the S&P is up 2.5 points ( equivalent of 25 Dow points )
The Dow is down 45
The nasdaq is up 14

Well today could be the day we find out! :cheesy:

S&P now up 0.85
Dow down 65.7
NasC up 11.08

Thanks Racer
Yes we shall see what we shall see
Are the Dow companies included in the S&P 500 and if so are they weighted ? Perhaps to size like the FTSE.
Nas +18
Dow -31
S&P +4.76

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, Racer. I don't disagree with what you are posting. It was the 'mummy bear' bit that made me larf.

I was wondering when people would notice 'my new name' it wasn't me wot dun it, honest! :)

chump said:
Racer,
Don't think it was odd at all...last two days up and down formed a perfect doji of indecision therefore after a high range day move of over 130 points the odds for a bounce would look good enough especially as there is an obvious tight spot to put the stop.

I prefer conspiracy and paranoid theories ;)

Racer said:
I prefer conspiracy and paranoid theories ;)
You get plenty of that on this thread, Racer. But the truth is too valuable to give away just because someone asks for it.