Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

SOCRATES said:
They are not enigmatic, they are perfectly clear to anyone who can read the market accurately, but I made a promise to Chartman, and when I make a promise, I keep it, sorry ~ no more predictions in public.It only leads to abuse and insults and accusations and other nonsense.

I knew exactly what the markets were going to do. I turned my PC off and was watching the football. They usually go ballistic when I do that :)

Perhaps if you make a prediction, Chartman will return to tell you off. He doesn't seem to be around much at the moment. If I knew what you seem to think you know, I would be making predictions all the time. As it is, I don't know if you know what you think you know, if you know what I mean :rolleyes:

Racer said:
I think they are terrified of it going below 10K and are doing everything they can to keep it up... yes I am cynical but looking at all the deck of cards that is the US then I am not surprised they are scared.. it is like the fable of the emperors clothes!

Is this deck of cards stacked up by any chance .....u know ...like
when dad just had to build a structure....then some bu**er opened the door and created the wave and it all came crashing down :cheesy:

SOCRATES said:
They are not enigmatic, they are perfectly clear to anyone who can read the market accurately, but I made a promise to Chartman, and when I make a promise, I keep it, sorry ~ no more predictions in public.It only leads to abuse and insults and accusations and other nonsense.

If it's 'perfectly clear' to anyone who can read the market then why don't you state what 'it' is.

After all if 'it's perfectly clear to anyone who can read the market' then there is nothing predictive or speculative about it.

I don't know why you find it necessary to engage in posturing about this.

Closed out my longs at 10288.....gained around 35 points x 3 longs....

Not the biggest gain in terms of points but I had three positions on it, so it paid off. I'm happy as today's chart was horrible and I don't know how many times I was about to dump my positions and was looking to go short......now that would have been a horrible day as I would have got stuffed on both sides. Luckily enough I called Greenspan in the remaining minutes of the session.....basically I was swearing at him and then he said hold on a second I forgot a few of the words!..

I can't get over that....how can you c**k-up the statement like that?

I can't get over that....how can you c**k-up the statement like that?

They have been doing it with the economy so where is the change?!!!!

Sack the bosses... they don't know what they are doing or saying..

Oh, yes, AIG, GE... hmm.... now which one is next? After all they have got good company what with Enron etc etc etc etc... sorry don't want to bore you with too many etcs!

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

'U.S. NATIONAL DEBT CLOCK

The Outstanding Public Debt as of 03 May 2005 at 10:50:03 PM GMT is:
$ 7 , 8 1 0 , 3 0 6 , 7 2 8 , 3 0 6 . 9 6

The estimated population of the United States is 296,018,802
so each citizen's share of this debt is $26,384.50.

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$2.00 billion per day since September 30, 2004!
Concerned? Then tell Congress and the White House!'

Racer said:
They have been doing it with the economy so where is the change?!!!!

LOL,very true.At the end of the day the markets lead the economy,not the other way around.Anyone who believes it doesn't should try trading for 10 years and they will see for themselves.You only have to look back to march 2003.I mean,was there really a thriving economy to warrant such a huge rally in the indices when there nothing but bad news coming out day after day? Nearly every company that reported was immediately reduced to major junk status,then suddenly the boys(and girls) went into Iraq and BOOM,the stock markets go up and so did this fake economy.

Believe me my friends,it will happen the other way around this time on the way down.

That's horrific stuff Racer!

The wider picture is and has been terrible even though the stock market is sitting high on some false pretence........Its going to get worse on all fronts......UK has immense problems as well.....housing market etc etc etc.

The risk to global economies on the whole is very high and we're going to see some shocking stuff..........soon.

For now though? Still sitting at the top of the range for the Dow.......hmmmm shall I place a short......Or are we breaking out higher briefly....

U.S. NATIONAL DEBT CLOCK

The Outstanding Public Debt as of 03 May 2005 at 10:56:40 PM GMT is:
$ 7 , 8 1 0 , 3 1 5 , 9 2 9 , 1 7 0 . 1 2

Oops just lost a few more dollars....

That's horrific stuff Racer!

This is a deck of cards.. I am waiting and watching and am going to put the biggest short I have even done on the Dow.. I have put a short on already as you know... I don' t like to go long, but I might have to play along with it yet again whilst I am waiting... I will wait for the market to play it out and finish with the final throes of the dcb.. how long it will take I don't know.. I will be patient

U.S. NATIONAL DEBT CLOCK

The Outstanding Public Debt as of 03 May 2005 at 11:02:37 PM GMT is:
$ 7 , 8 1 0 , 3 2 4 , 2 0 2 , 9 9 4 . 1 8

And 10 mins ago it was...

Racer said:
This is a deck of cards.. I am waiting and watching and am going to put the biggest short I have even done on the Dow.. I have put a short on already as you know... I don' t like to go long, but I might have to play along with it yet again whilst I am waiting... I will wait for the market to play it out and finish with the final throes of the dcb.. how long it will take I don't know.. I will be patient

Purely out of interest .....how much / point are you planning as and when conditions suit ......do'nt answer this if you feel it's inappropriate....I will understand

I am waiting and watching and am going to put the biggest short

hmmm I might do the same thing.....Short the DOW with a 200 point stoploss and at a 100 pound a point you'll need 20,000........hmmmm :rolleyes: I wonder if nows the time to short though....?

I can't see much upside even if we do breakout of the range...............then 10365-400?

I dunno..... :rolleyes:

I will wait for the right moment.. it might take a while yet.. the out of hours huge futures changes for no reason have to stop for one thing

Last edited:
Ona technical fib level,the 382 is at 1172.7 from the last monthly swing.That is from the high of 1229.11 down to the lows of 2 weeks ago so may retrace to that level before going back down if indeed it does.

1182.6 is the 50 percent.

The Outstanding Public Debt as of 03 May 2005 at 11:24:28 PM GMT is:
$ 7 , 8 1 0 , 3 5 4 , 5 8 6 , 7 0 1 . 0 1

Racer said:
U.S. NATIONAL DEBT CLOCK

The Outstanding Public Debt as of 03 May 2005 at 11:02:37 PM GMT is:
$ 7 , 8 1 0 , 3 2 4 , 2 0 2 , 9 9 4 . 1 8

And 10 mins ago it was...

Racer your not looking for a higher price but your looking for a more certain moment?

kriesau said:
If it's 'perfectly clear' to anyone who can read the market then why don't you state what 'it' is.

After all if 'it's perfectly clear to anyone who can read the market' then there is nothing predictive or speculative about it.

I don't know why you find it necessary to engage in posturing about this.
Precisely, but you are answering your own question and you don't somehow realise it. I cannot realise it for you, you have to realise it yourself by developing the skills necessary to do it.

And by the way before this leads to another question, I will answer it befor it is asked.

The skills you need to develop are the skills required to read the market. The higher your level of skill the more accurately you can read it.

When the skills are highly developed not only can you read the market as if it were a sentence, you can detect by all the full stops, commas, semicolons, exclamation marks and all the other punctuation, what the unfolding story really signifies and all it infers, and then of course, the most probable likely outcome.

The greater the skill level, the greater the ability of the reader to replicate with unerring accuracy.