What's the hardest thing to do?

the hardest thing in trading is the risk assessment and if you master in this, no one ca stop you to win forex .

the hardest thing in trading is the risk assessment and if you master in this, no one ca stop you to win forex .

Mastering the trading business requires experience which comes with the passage of time so we need to observe patience and consistency as well in order to become a successful trader.

from Trader Dante's twitter

CX0xqDLWkAAD9vu.png:large

thats a decent chart - thanks

I corresponded a lot with TD back in the day ........

TD is a superb practitioner of the original James16 forum

N

The hardest thing to do in Forex Trading is to control your patience and anger and greed, in short controlling your emotions would be a very difficult task.

Finding a good EA that is profitable!

Most have been tampered with and there is a problem as to if it follows the system it is coded to run!

Been at it for over 5 years!

There are actually three things I still have problems with in trading.

1. Not sticking with a good strategy consistently. If it works, I try to improve it, then it doesn't work so well and I end up abandoning it and going for a new strategy in a totally different style. I should just stick with what I'm good at and what works.

2. Over-confidence. If a strategy works well, I increase risk too far too fast. A normal run of losers then sends me back to Point 1.

3. When to get out. Maybe knowing when to close a winning position just doesn't have a right answer........

1. Not sticking with a good strategy consistently. If it works, I try to improve it, then it doesn't work so well and I end up abandoning it and going for a new strategy in a totally different style. I should just stick with what I'm good at and what works.

2. Over-confidence. If a strategy works well, I increase risk too far too fast. A normal run of losers then sends me back to Point 1.

3. When to get out. Maybe knowing when to close a winning position just doesn't have a right answer........

hiya Tom welcome to the 99% club :))

Can relate to all 3.
1: Once you have a good idea, stick with it. If you do look to improve it and it fails, it's the "improvement" that has failed, not the original idea.
I treat my methods like software, if a new patch doesn't take, you go back an iteration to the point when it did, and start again. Hope the software development analogy makes sense.
2: Same with staking. Stake the "normal", and any over confidence is a separate stake. Then you have two distinct aspects, hopefully, you will distinguish the two, and realise your mistake is the excessive extra staking, not the basic trading idea.
3: I have no answer to this, other than two lots. One is to grab a fixed amount, and the other as a runner. My data on this is inconclusive! (take with pinch of salt)

Overall, you could treat trading as a never ending research project.
There is no specific one answer. It's a continuous development.

Knowing exactly where to stop and be rational while trading; not that easy according to me.

Hardest thing for me is to stick to my own trading plan which sometimes put me in trouble.

Emotions are the hardest to handle according to me. They can really have big negatives impacts if not dealt with carefully.