What's the hardest thing to do?

I think the hardest part of the trading market is to make a good analysis. When we make a trade then that time we should make a good analysis of the market. Most of the new trade unable to make a good analysis.When we will able to make a better analysis at that time we find easily profit from our trade.

The hardest thing to do is to control your emotion especially your patience, your determination, your greed and your anger while trading

I stuck my trading plan rules on the wall above my screens a while ago stuck to it and regained all my losses, I look at it every time I think of doing a stupid trade and it keeps me in line

Makes me nervous to put on a trade, but I force my self to take the signal. Developed a new hedge strategy for myself and it seems to back test well but have yet to implement live, haven't seen the set up I want. Would have put the hedge on today if the /ES had another down day. Yesterday I had to repeat over and over to my self, "you know what to do, put on the trade", "you know what to do, put on the trade", to keep me moving forward in spite of my discomfort.

Having a hard time balance family life and learning, practicing, testing (still work full time job).

Makes me nervous to put on a trade, but I force my self to take the signal. Developed a new hedge strategy for myself and it seems to back test well but have yet to implement live, haven't seen the set up I want. Would have put the hedge on today if the /ES had another down day. Yesterday I had to repeat over and over to my self, "you know what to do, put on the trade", "you know what to do, put on the trade", to keep me moving forward in spite of my discomfort.

Having a hard time balance family life and learning, practicing, testing (still work full time job).
I hope everything will work out for you, in the end, smoothly.

Keep up the god work mate. I believe that long-term trading is the way for all traders to pass their "apprenticeship". I'd also like to see some kind of contractual obligation clause that demands every new trader does a whole bunch of demo trading before they throw real money at this game.

At the earliest stages of real-money trading, make your trades so small you literally don't care if its a winner or loser - what's 2 quid won or lost to anyone?

The only thing you must care religiously about is conformity with your strategy rules.

Keep up the god work mate. I believe that long-term trading is the way for all traders to pass their "apprenticeship". I'd also like to see some kind of contractual obligation clause that demands every new trader does a whole bunch of demo trading before they throw real money at this game.

At the earliest stages of real-money trading, make your trades so small you literally don't care if its a winner or loser - what's 2 quid won or lost to anyone?

The only thing you must care religiously about is conformity with your strategy rules.
So true. I only spend a small fraction of my time doing actual trading. The a large bulk of my time is in developing my craft / sharping the axe. Thanks for the kind words

What is the rule of trading that you find the hardest to follow?

Taking trades you shouldn't?
Not sticking to the 2% rule?
Not averaging down?
Not doing trades for small stakes just to keep you entertained?
Walking away after a win/loss streak?

Any others?
Not letting my winners ride and cutting my losers quick

Over-confidence + Greed are the hardest thing to over come from what I have seen. I won't lie, I have been there long time ago and it took me long to overcome those two.

You are right. Those things are really hard to control.

Thats when you realise that a lot about forex has to do with your mental state.

Exactly. And I'm astonished to see that almost no one insists enough on this point. Everyone is looking for wonderful indicators when they should try to know themselves first.

the real secret to trading is finding your weakest area and correcting it .......so many people focus on the wrong places ....

Exactly. And I'm astonished to see that almost no one insists enough on this point. Everyone is looking for wonderful indicators when they should try to know themselves first.
Knowing one's self is more difficult than finding an indicator. People want it easy.