What will happen if germany leaves the euro?

barjon

Legendary member
10,705 1,809
What if the eurozone fell apart and each country reverted to their previous currencies -Lira, franc etc. What bliss;)

Aargh, come off it Neil, I've got a shed load of euros under the floorboards :LOL:

neil

Legendary member
5,167 749
Things to do with paper

Aargh, come off it Neil, I've got a shed load of euros under the floorboards :LOL:

All is not lost Barjon - you could tuck them into your string vest to insulate your self against the chilly night air ? :LOL:

tomorton

Legendary member
8,420 1,344
But surely the only thing that would make Germany leave the Eurozone would be if another member were allowed to default: populist uproar at home would force them out. All voters would be happy short-term with this - German tax-payers would think they are at no further risk of additional defaults: the defaulting countries would see a temporary improvement in economic affairs as they gained a repayment holiday.

But longer-term, Germany would have lost its advantages of trade, financing and debt recovery from the Eurozone members, and would wish to act to regain its European supremacy. The answer would be to form a new monetary union with the northern EU states. The southern EU states would be driven to form their own union to avoid getting severely penalised by everyone else they deal with on the basis of the risk of another default.

So we end up with two Euro zones, north and south, and the electorates will be convinced this is an effective long-term solution, with an option left on the table for re-combining the northern and southern unions in the distant future when conditions are 'right'.

Sounds totally rational I hope.....

Reactions: Fugazsy

Pat494

Legendary member
14,617 1,578
But surely the only thing that would make Germany leave the Eurozone would be if another member were allowed to default: populist uproar at home would force them out. All voters would be happy short-term with this - German tax-payers would think they are at no further risk of additional defaults: the defaulting countries would see a temporary improvement in economic affairs as they gained a repayment holiday.

But longer-term, Germany would have lost its advantages of trade, financing and debt recovery from the Eurozone members, and would wish to act to regain its European supremacy. The answer would be to form a new monetary union with the northern EU states. The southern EU states would be driven to form their own union to avoid getting severely penalised by everyone else they deal with on the basis of the risk of another default.

So we end up with two Euro zones, north and south, and the electorates will be convinced this is an effective long-term solution, with an option left on the table for re-combining the northern and southern unions in the distant future when conditions are 'right'.

Sounds totally rational I hope.....

Could go that way but then Germany loses the benefits of a weak currency. The Northern Euro would be much higher through hard work while the Southern Euro would be dominated by the maniana culture zzzzzzzzzz. If they the ever combined it might be 2 seuros for 1 neuro.

tomorton

Legendary member
8,420 1,344
Inevitably, Germany would be the major exporter into the southern EUR zone and would dominate the northern EUR. Germany might end up with a smaller slice of pie, but the upside is no risk of someone stealing any of their slice.

Pat494

Legendary member
14,617 1,578
I am not German, Pat is.:rolleyes:

Not me ole bean

Fugwuzzy has the Italian flag. You weren't the captain on that passenger ship were you ?

:clap:

TechQuant

264 52
All depends what takes its place. If it's the North Sea and the Baltic Sea then many countries (Switzerland, Czech Republic, Austria and Liechtenstein) have a totally unexpected shot at developing coastal resorts with France, Belgium and Netherlands expanding their options. With stunning snowy alps backdrop, Salzburg-am-Zee would be my first port of call with both snow skis and water skis. From there onto Basel-am-Zee.

If the forces of nature conspire to keep the waves at bay we have a large landfill area for the rest of Europe.

Fugazsy

Veteren member
3,661 677
Not me ole bean

Fugwuzzy has the Italian flag. You weren't the captain on that passenger ship were you ?

:clap:

Nothing to be proud of but compared to the German pilot he is an hero.

Are you on the dole like 60% of the Brits? zzzzzzzzzzzz... ....Kiss a fag...I have none left, they pay me in two weeks..:p lol

Last edited:

2be

2,042 357
What do you think will happen:

a) to the union? (economically)
b) to the euro? (strong or weak))
c) and to Germany? (economically)

Thank you.
Fzsy

Athens will switch to DM:) of course with the assistance of Goldman Sachs, why not?

Reactions: Fugazsy

Fugazsy

Veteren member
3,661 677
oopps

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ousands-of-Britons-claim-dole-in-Germany.html

EDIT:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...-dole-motivated-foreigners-job-vacancies.html

Extract:

" The truth is that this country has been ruined by a political and establishment class with no vision. A class which has undermined the notions of endeavour and duty and replaced them with a cradle-to-grave sense of entitlement in which the State would always bale you out if you were too lazy or too incompetent to work"

Last edited:

Pat494

Legendary member
14,617 1,578
Ex-pats receive up to £23,318 a year from the German taxpayer at a time when many in the UK complain of EU “benefit tourists” heading here to drain public funds.

Those Britons claiming in Germany either moved there to claim handouts or had been working there but lost their jobs.

Under EU rules, countries must provide state handouts to EU citizens if their own member state has the equivalent benefit back home – a policy both Britain and Germany object to.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes we have our skivers. Not a bad move dumping 10,000 on others though ?
A bit like " pass the parcel " game. Could end up in the sun on the Costa Lotta if the money wasn't so little, along with the crème of Brit crooks.

:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock