What will happen if germany leaves the euro?

German Finance Minister Schaeuble has already warned Greece against straying from a path of economic reform, saying any new government would be held to the pledges made by the current Samaras government.

German Finance Minister Schaeuble has already warned Greece against straying from a path of economic reform, saying any new government would be held to the pledges made by the current Samaras government.

Has your paperboy got a wooden leg or something?

The weakened Euro, thanks to Greece etc. benefits German exports, so why would they want to leave ? The opposite is true for Greece etc. where the exchange rates are too high for them.

I'm not followin ya Pat. I thought the whole thread was supposed ta be funny? But if we're goin ta have a shot at a bit of sanity in here, the whole point of the EU is to assist Germany in getting to its end game. It's the very last member state to want to leave it.

And as for exchange rates, ya do know Greece (currently) uses the Euro? What exchange rates are 'too high' for em? Their primary exports are from tourism and shipping and a cheaper Euro benefits both.

While I'm here cracking on about Greece, did ya know they have the largest merchant fleet in the world?

I'm not followin ya Pat. I thought the whole thread was supposed ta be funny? But if we're goin ta have a shot at a bit of sanity in here, the whole point of the EU is to assist Germany in getting to its end game. It's the very last member state to want to leave it.

And as for exchange rates, ya do know Greece (currently) uses the Euro? What exchange rates are 'too high' for em? Their primary exports are from tourism and shipping and a cheaper Euro benefits both.

While I'm here cracking on about Greece, did ya know they have the largest merchant fleet in the world?

Perhaps I am taking this thread a bit too seriously.
I do wonder though what the new exchange rate of drachma to euro would be if Greece were to leave ? The present exchange rate, lower than the Deutchemark would have been but higher than the drachma.

Probably find their huge merchant fleet pays not much tax in Greece ? I read a story somewhere last year that there are huge super tankers plowing along at 30 knots up the Channel with only tiny ill trained crews. That's money pinching capitalist competition though I suppose. No matter if the guy at the wheel is asleep half the time, the insurance covers it.

Last edited:
Imagine Germany with the Mark, a strong Mark makes them not competitive in many fields, now they even selling kitchens to the Italians, could you believe that ? Yes the Euro is low now and is good but when is high they are still competitive compared to the rest of the union. Germany is making huge amount of money now days, not seeing that is foolish. They also made a lot when they made bribes to the Greeks company in the past to get the deals and I am talking about company like Mercedes or Siemens....not little guys.

Germany will not leave and they do not want Greece to leave, because if Greece leaves, Italy will follow...and if that happens the party will end.

Last edited:
The Greeks could leave and then print enough drachma to pay their debts, just like the USA does with QE.

The alternative is to leave and renig on it's debts like Iceland and not get any more money. They really are/were the most incompetent EU country. Not much sympathy is due such clots.

Perhaps I am taking this thread a bit too seriously.
I do wonder though what the new exchange rate of drachma to euro would be if Greece were to leave ? The present exchange rate, lower than the Deutchemark would have been but higher than the drachma.

Probably find their huge merchant fleet pays not much tax in Greece ? I read a story somewhere last year that there are huge super tankers plowing along at 30 knots up the Channel with only tiny ill trained crews. That's money pinching capitalist competition though I suppose. No matter if the guy at the wheel is asleep half the time, the insurance covers it.

Pat, there is no guy at the wheel. Everything is automatic, these days, with a general purpose few seamen who work anywhere they are needed, on deck, in the engineroom or cooking the curry and rice. When they get into port (sorry, a terminal) shore gangs go on board and do whatever is to be done before the ship turns around. Its like flying aircraft, now and again someone goes nuts and an accident happens.

I left the sea in '62. Thank God that I did.

Germany, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Austria and Switzerland need to leave the EU then it will be mothing but bankrupt 2nd world countries.

oops...

Attachments

• Federal-Debt-Jan-1966-to-Jan-2014.jpg
    Federal-Debt-Jan-1966-to-Jan-2014.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 209
The problem is that there is an over supply of fridges, cars etc. which leaves a fight to sell. Some will be bought up, some companies will go under. The consumer benefits from cheap prices.

The problem is that there is an over supply of fridges, cars etc. which leaves a fight to sell. Some will be bought up, some companies will go under. The consumer benefits from cheap prices.

too many is good, then quality prevails...