What style or system works best with full-time job?

Thanks SuperS' - I'm just not thinking. (Nothing new there. :eek:)
Only having access to e.o.d charts, I forget intra-day P&F charts even exist!In fact, I'm not sure I've ever seen one - perhaps you'd care to post one? It'll probably be a first on T2W!
Cheers,
Tim.

try this,im still looking for longs:D

Attachments

• US30 p+f Cash.png
    US30 p+f Cash.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 203
Thanks SuperS':D
For anyone who's interested, i've attached the 35 box, 3 reversal daily equivalent of SuperS's hourly chart. As one would expect, there's greater detail in SuperS's chart, all of which is contained in everything to the right of the vertical green line in my chart. I've not expressed that at all well but, hopefully, it should become clear when viewing the two charts together.
Tim.

Attachments

• DJI_P&F_09_10_07.JPG
    DJI_P&F_09_10_07.JPG
    210.8 KB · Views: 184
Thanks SuperS':D
For anyone who's interested, i've attached the 35 box, 3 reversal daily equivalent of SuperS's hourly chart. As one would expect, there's greater detail in SuperS's chart, all of which is contained in everything to the right of the vertical green line in my chart. I've not expressed that at all well but, hopefully, it should become clear when viewing the two charts together.
Tim.

Thanks again, its like Christmas :D

Why the hours element ? still :confused: me, I thought P&F no time aspect, is there any problem with this or am I being daft

You can answer in one word if you like , got a thick skin :LOL:

timsk;

sorry, where do you get your P& F, make it ones self or manufactured on graph paper :?:

get all daft Q out of the way quick then I can be :cool: again

i trade the 5 min chart from about 6 in the evening,so the hourly p&f is my long term view
i hope we haven,t taken over this thread,my apologies to mega

Last edited:
i trade the 5 min chart from about 6 in the evening,so the hourly p&f is my long term view
i hope we haven,t taken over this thread,my apologies to mega

ye sorry mega,

its me Im daft, your long term trend I understand

what happens after a hour ? normal P&F well don"t do time, where does time come in ?

they are / make a new print only after a 3 box reversal no time :confused:

do they plot as they go along

Last edited:
ye sorry mega,

its me Im daft, your long term trend I understand

what happens after a hour ? normal P&F well don"t do time, where does time come in ?

they are / make a new print only after a 3 box reversal no time :confused:

do they plot as they go along

nothing,(unless a box is filled)i view the chart,see what numbers are needed for a reversal,and where the buy and sell signals are,and just go with the trend.

Last edited:
p&f setting

hello i am new for the forum, i am an italian trader that have a job full time so i try to trade a cfd minifuture with P&F charts on dayli or 4 hour charts on markets like ftse 100 or cac40 , because are the better with offer for volatylity and spread conditions to trade, or other market if someone conseil me.

i have tryed to trade 1 minute charts on forex from 22 p.m. italy hour to 24 pm. but with the spread on forex it is difficult to gain.
i have studied p&f charts from some years for stock index or commodity, if it is possible
we can make a thread to analize some markets .

my emal for reply [email protected]

Hi,

Which spreadbetting companies offer 2 and 4 hour charts on their platform?
I'm with CS and they don't have it.

Thanks!

Hi all

Well, I haven't lasted long trading the Dow. I'm a real newbie and have realized that the amount of attention required by this wildly gyrating beast is not for me right now. Also, I think the stops need to be so wide with the volatility in the market that it just doesn't add up with proper money management on a fairly small 'starter' spread-betting account. I'd really love to hear from other members who have full-time jobs where you can't have your heads in the market during the day. I work in a completely different field where I have to have my focus on other things and also can't sit watching the screen for the New-York evening session. What kind of trading do you do? What works for you? If you swing and/or position trade, what do you trade? Do you find that checking your stops once a day in the evening is enough to manage your trading successfully? Do you use an automated trading system? Are there any books that are particularly good to help set up a trading business that is run only in the evening and on weekends?

I've scoured the site looking for a thread particularly on this topic - sorry if I missed it.

MT

MT,

Everyone here knows that you cannot trade successfully and have a full-time job because they are mutually exclusive. So either give up trading or give up your job.

MT,

Everyone here knows that you cannot trade successfully and have a full-time job because they are mutually exclusive. So either give up trading or give up your job.

not really - but the combination of untold wealth locked in the markets, the key of the knowledge that you know everything in advance, and you stuck on nights.......it's a difficult concept to take.

Hey ho.

UTB

not really - but the combination of untold wealth locked in the markets, the key of the knowledge that you know everything in advance, and you stuck on nights.......it's a difficult concept to take.

Hey ho.

UTB

You've got no idea what you are talking about, nor have you got any idea of what I am talking about. It's best you keep away from me. You bore me. No doubt you want to harass me like you did SOCRATES :rolleyes:

MT,

Sure, you can trade and work full-time. Just click on 'buy' and/or 'sell' whenever you want and you are "trading"...simple...

MT,

Wrong.

I trade successfully and have a full time job.... although I do access and monitor my account during the day.

It is perfectly possible to trade without accessing your account during work hours too if you adopt a longer term strategy.

Like so many others, you appear to be of the opinion that the only way to trade is scalping/short term.

Last edited:
You've got no idea what you are talking about, nor have you got any idea of what I am talking about. It's best you keep away from me. You bore me. No doubt you want to harass me like you did SOCRATES :rolleyes:

MT,

Sure, you can trade and work full-time. Just click on 'buy' and/or 'sell' whenever you want and you are "trading"...simple...

no, I'll do my best to leave you alone. Your signature tells me everything I need to know about you.

As for Socco, he got exactly the responses he craved from everyone, as you well know.

As for Megatrader - I think he's had some decent suggestions to go at in this thread.

The arrival of your mystical babble wont help one bit, I'd suggest.

UTB

PS - Hoggums - I think you missed NT's "amusing" point.

Wrong.

I trade successfully and have a full time job.... although I do access and monitor my account during the day.

It is perfectly possible to trade without accessing your account during work hours too if you adopt a longer term strategy.

Like so many others, you appear to be of the opinion that the only way to trade is scalping/short term.

This must surely be crazy talk :-0

This must surely be crazy talk :-0

LOL. oh yee of little faith...

OK let me give you an example of a trade I could put on this weekend and leave until next weekend.

First CCy pair I looked at on the daily chart...

Order BUY AUD/JPY @ 10634 £1/pp stop 10439, no limit order. This is a simple trade putting a stop at the last daily swing low. My total risk is £195. Ideally I'd like to look at it every evening, but I could happily leave it until next Sat as I don't expect the stop to get taken out (at the moment!). I don't like the timing of this trade as I expect some resistance around 10750 but this is just an example.

Provided your account has a few thousand in it and you keep the trades small it's perfectly possible.

MT,

You can trade successfully and have a fulltime job, surely? It takes a bit of midnight oil and/or weekend research, but it can be done.

That it is not pleasurable, I agree, but I do not think that it should be done at work. That's because I employ people, I suppose. To be blunt, if I caught someone trading in working time I'd give him fair warning but, if he kept it up I'd let him go. Trading can get obsessive, like gambling or smoking.

Swing trading, IMO, can be done out of hours. Day trading can be successful. I do it at home, in the mornings, but I am strict with myself for the rest of the day.

Split

LOL. oh yee of little faith...

OK let me give you an example of a trade I could put on this weekend and leave until next weekend.

First CCy pair I looked at on the daily chart...

Order BUY AUD/JPY @ 10634 £1/pp stop 10439, no limit order. This is a simple trade putting a stop at the last daily swing low. My total risk is £195. Ideally I'd like to look at it every evening, but I could happily leave it until next Sat as I don't expect the stop to get taken out (at the moment!). I don't like the timing of this trade as I expect some resistance around 10750 but this is just an example.

Provided your account has a few thousand in it and you keep the trades small it's perfectly possible.

New Trader mate, you are wrong. Absolutely you can. I agree with Hoggums.

I check the charts before going to work and before leaving work. If the 4 & 1 hours charts look good with MACD and MAs in right direction coupled with S&R lines that's it.

Click away and set off to work. I check at work also but like every couple of hours or at lunch time. If it's a busy day with lots of meetings, I don't get a chance to check at all Usually, it's a winner and I close pos and take profits. Max loss per point is 160 pips with capital spreads. Obviously you can adjust Stop & Limits. If you have sufficient capital as Hoggum suggests this is not a problem.

Normally, if you follow a consisten system you can beat the market.

In fact whilst trading full time I tended to over trade and made inconsistent gains with a greater number of losses.

Now work has unintentionaly provided discpline for consistent patter of trading and I'm making greater gains - consistently.

At the end of my contract when I trade full time again I will be very interested to see if I can maintain my consistency ratios and returns.