what is your monthly and year profit in %?

Cipp

The % is a very important indicator of performance in trading.
What is the medium % profit do you have every month or year?
Or if you have a jurney about % earnings, feel free to post it here.
Thank you!

Still early days as I have been trading for a year in October but up over 100% in 11 months. I started with 400 and its 893 now trading at 10 pence per pip. Its probably beginner's luck although I hope not and only time will tell if I make it or fall apart. I thinks it's a good result although I have seen people make 30% a week but they are massively leveraged and do it in 1 to less than a handful of trades.

I am keen to hear how others are doing.

Still early days as I have been trading for a year in October but up over 100% in 11 months. I started with 400 and its 893 now trading at 10 pence per pip. Its probably beginner's luck although I hope not and only time will tell if I make it or fall apart. I thinks it's a good result although I have seen people make 30% a week but they are massively leveraged and do it in 1 to less than a handful of trades.

I am keen to hear how others are doing.

hey FXX

from your posts ....I'd thought you had been around the block a lot more than that .........you are kicking butt dude ...excellent (y)

no one will last making big % returns off low numbers of trades ......the odds will kill you eventually ............you need minimum 100 trades to see if a system is working and that assumes you are trading it 100% effectively with no deviations or execution errors.......1,000 is better to see what % return is being generated

N

hey FXX

from your posts ....I'd thought you had been around the block a lot more than that .........you are kicking butt dude ...excellent [emoji106]
I have been in the industry for many years but only trading very recently. Thanks I just hope its not going to go downhill when I try increase size. I suspect the hardest challenges lie ahead.

I have been in the industry for many years but only trading very recently. Thanks I just hope its not going to go downhill when I try increase size. I suspect the hardest challenges lie ahead.

aaahh...yep i thought i had seen that you had background.........good hunting

Good question.
I think the yardstick to measure one's trading efforts is being able to beat the usual dividend paid out by Funds. This is normally up to about 9 % per year. They do of course have to make more to pay their staff etc.
However if one has a good week on the forex market for instance this figure can easily be surpassed per week and exceptionally in a day.

I log profits over various periods but not as a % of account. In any case, though I do log these things, and win rate etc., I don't ever think about them month-end to month-end, I think there is a danger of becoming fixated on a statistic and you can even start gaming your own plans to make each one a blue figure not a red one.

I log profits over various periods but not as a % of account. In any case, though I do log these things, and win rate etc., I don't ever think about them month-end to month-end, I think there is a danger of becoming fixated on a statistic and you can even start gaming your own plans to make each one a blue figure not a red one.

Aye, I know what I need to take from a winning trade to keep my account ticking along and what I will lose on losing ones. Keeping broadly to historic win rate is pretty key to this so keep a close eye that.

Average P&L across 37 trades during the last four months was 49.7%.

Average duration was 31 days, giving an easy approximation of monthly P&L.

Further details in my Trading Journal.

The % is a very important indicator of performance in trading.
What is the medium % profit do you have every month or year?
Or if you have a jurney about % earnings, feel free to post it here.
Thank you!

You don't need to know whatever the hell anyone else makes. Get on with it.

no one will last making big % returns off low numbers of trades ......the odds will kill you eventually ............you need minimum 100 trades to see if a system is working and that assumes you are trading it 100% effectively with no deviations or execution errors.......1,000 is better to see what % return is being generated

N

I completely agree.

Net P&L must consistently exceed cost of capital over a statistically significant period of backtesting AND over a statistically significant number of trades.

my account in the last 3 months - i really wish i didn't have to close my account with my prev broker because it would show me being up over 160%. I see myfxbook is asking me to register for copy trades as my account meets their requirements. Maybe one day but not just yet

Attachments

• acc.png
    acc.png
    19 KB · Views: 371
  • acc2.png
    acc2.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 390
my account in the last 3 months - i really wish i didn't have to close my account with my prev broker because it would show me being up over 160%. I see myfxbook is asking me to register for copy trades as my account meets their requirements. Maybe one day but not just yet

very respectable .....what are you mainly trading FXX ?

% returns needs to be done on a rolling number of trades......% return per year immediately needs to be viewed in the context of the number of trades taken ....for example 10% sounds moderately acceptable based on trading daily charts .....but i would slit my wrists if that was a lower TF .....

I have a custom start date on my myfxbook page as I traded poorly before then. But I seem to have found a way that predicts price direction and time. Click on my signature for my myfxbook page. Keep track of my progress.

5% monthly return over 10 years would give you a 10,000% return (compounded)...that's average for you is it?
the best performing fund over the last 10 years has managed 600%,
your average is 15x the best performing fund in the world.
complete b0ll0cks

Taking a retail traders monthly return and then compounding the figures to compare them to institutional funds is nonsense. 2 very different games. Plus the numbers are the only thing that actually compound, the other things that make a successful retail trader don't.

Trading a retail account of say $25k and Managing a fund portfolio of $100 million are compleatly different.

Last edited: