what is your monthly and year profit in %?

NVP

Legendary member
37,280 1,936
% returns needs to be done on a rolling number of trades......% return per year immediately needs to be viewed in the context of the number of trades taken ....for example 10% sounds moderately acceptable based on trading daily charts .....but i would slit my wrists if that was a lower TF .....

Reactions: ffsear

4xis2ez

347 53
I have a custom start date on my myfxbook page as I traded poorly before then. But I seem to have found a way that predicts price direction and time. Click on my signature for my myfxbook page. Keep track of my progress.

Akinozragore

108 6
On average, it's about 2% to 5% monthly. But having said that, some of the traders I know of can make as high as 10% to 20%. However, these high returns are not a monthly thing, but there are months that one can clock in such returns in the currency market.

The key in trading for a living is not just about your returns. It is also about having the sufficient capital, and how much you need to sustain your living expenses.

Conservatively, if you take 2% return per month, you will need at least $100,000 capital, giving you $2,000 for your monthly expense. Many traders go into 'trading for a living' without sufficient capital, thus over leveraging and eventually losing their account.

M

member275544

0 0
5% monthly return over 10 years would give you a 10,000% return (compounded)...that's average for you is it?
the best performing fund over the last 10 years has managed 600%,
your average is 15x the best performing fund in the world.
complete b0ll0cks

• Sad
Reactions: cantagril

ffsear

2,076 407
Taking a retail traders monthly return and then compounding the figures to compare them to institutional funds is nonsense. 2 very different games. Plus the numbers are the only thing that actually compound, the other things that make a successful retail trader don't.

Trading a retail account of say $25k and Managing a fund portfolio of $100 million are compleatly different.

Last edited:

wallstreetwarrior87

2,056 384
Agree with Ffsear, there is no comparison. Being blunt, if a private day trader with no restrictions (including liquidity), cant make a minimum of 5% return on acc per month non compounded, with 1% risk per trade, then they better do summat else.

Sorry if anyone feels the need to be offended, but think about it - no restrictions on markets, you can enter whenever you want, you can get filled at near as market as possible. 5 trades per day, 20 trading days a month, 100 trades to be net 5% positive. You have everything in your favour. Your only responsibility as a private trader is self control.

The only reason that this is not achieved IMHO is if self control is the underlying issue.

50k = 2.5 per month
100k = 5k per month

The full time traders know i'm talking sense lol - - - - dont they :confused:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock