what is it with you guys?

zow

136 0
pardon me....been away...if this topic is still going....

Bonsai

i think that's how it goes .... seems a little unfair.
But what then if someone gives the '49 pointer' a 3 vote....he goes down to a three/quarter rainbow? whilst still being 'ahead' of the 41 pointer.....

bonsai

Veteren member
4,106 11
thanks zow
not really interested whether its 'fair' or not. Any system is all ways going to be 'unfair' to someone.

I would just like to know how it works.

bit disappointing that none of the 'management' has responded.

ChartMan

Legendary member
5,580 46
I think it's been answered before, but I'll drop Sharky a pm to point out your request. He's real busy and doesn't get time to read every post on every forum.

bonsai

Veteren member
4,106 11
lol
I had included moderators in my idea of 'management' as
I had thought you would all have been around long enough to know.

Perhaps an entry in FAQ ? if its been asked before ?

Sharky

Admin
5,648 439
Thanks Martin for budging me in the direction of this thread - sorry, I hadn't spotted it myself.

The way the rating system works is it uses a simple average, so adds up all the points and then divides them by the number of votes - and then it rounds to the nearest number in this case

4.6 = 5
4.5 = 5
4.4 = 4

And so on...

You're right this should be added to the FAQ and I'll do that later today (time permitting!).

bonsai

Veteren member
4,106 11
ta sharky
but on the mouse over it shows as 4/5 pts for example.
and not a single value.

?

zow

136 0
bonsai
that's a recent addition.
I believe it is just the average score out of five.
Though, Sharky, that averaging you mention cannot be totally correct. Earlier when I had 8 out of 8 '5' scores, Skimbleshanks, in order to illustrate the idea reduced me to 4 out of 5 and I turned rainbow. She then changed me back to 5/5 and I went back to green.
Then also the ninth person to rate me could have given me only 1/5 but by the simple average calculation I should have stayed green but I didn't!

Not that I 'm complaining or anything, it doesn't really matter at the end of the day! :D

mug2k

209 0
Zow if you spend as much time trading as you do talking about colours im sure you'll divise a good system 2 share with us all!

Mug2k

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock