If you can make money why don't you....?

OK jj, perhaps integrity was not an appropriate term. Let’s see if I can’t better phrase it this time so as to avoid another reported/pulled post. LOL.

Would you not consider it reasonable that any company that acted as you state would be considered by those who would potentially care, to be a 2nd rate outfit? To further develop your metaphor, ‘excess inventory’ is effectively 2nd rate trading systems that may, or may not, have a positive expectancy, but are not the stellar performers the company itself would use. Do you agree that some would consider that assessment of your intent to be a reasonable one?

So if any company were to market ‘seconds’ in the trading arena and got a name for operating in that way, do you not think quality investors would perhaps think twice before involving themselves with either the lower quality systems being sold and even more likely, assume any managed funds operated by the company or companies within the group, were likely to offer their investors the minimum pickings from endeavours with their own funds, while keeping the stonking earnings for themselves?

Genuine question. I see room for both Woolworths and Harrods on this planet – but as a large investor, if I were looking for someone to manage my wealth (I’m not – so no PMs please anyone), I know which I would approach first.

No, your assumption is not accurate. As the rest of your argument follows from it, the entire argument is without merit.

Funny thing about you accusing nine of stalking you is that I can't make a polite post to welcome a new user without you attacking me. Perhaps if you put me on ignore, or at least unsubscribe from my posts, your life will be just a little bit brighter.

jj

Hear Hear! A true student of the, in my opinion, extremely FLAWED prop firm ethos.
Tom, that post on which you comment was from 5 days ago.

A pretty poor attempt at misdirection.

If you're going for advisor/mod stataus - just ask....they'll take anyone.

Tom, that post on which you comment was from 5 days ago.

A pretty poor attempt at misdirection.

If you're going for advisor/mod stataus - just ask....they'll take anyone.

I guess the fact that you got turned down really speaks volumes!

jj

No, your assumption is not accurate. As the rest of your argument follows from it, the entire argument is without merit.

Funny thing about you accusing nine of stalking you is that I can't make a polite post to welcome a new user without you attacking me. Perhaps if you put me on ignore, or at least unsubscribe from my posts, your life will be just a little bit brighter.

jj
Well, without any specific repudiation of the points I raise, your response is pretty meaningless. It wasn't an assumption - it was a reasoned hypothesis. Currently unchallenged. See if the mods will help you out on this one as well...

My life's bright enough, I assure you. But what's that got to do with Nine and you and the newbie...(confused...)

You were quick to pick up on this. Are you hoping to create another 'situation' where the mods get to delete it all, again?

People who sell trading 'systems' are shysters. If you have a winning method, trade it. If you need more funds, raise the funds by showing your results. Stop being a paraiste.

Reactions: DT
Well, without any specific repudiation of the points I raise, your response is pretty meaningless.

Well, without any specific supporting evidence, your statements are pretty meaningless and not worthy of a response. You want to make assertions you'd better be prepared to back them up with facts. If you can't back them up then don't make them.

jj

Well, without any specific supporting evidence, your statements are pretty meaningless and not worthy of a response. You want to make assertions you'd better be prepared to back them up with facts. If you can't back them up then don't make them.

jj
Evidence as provided in my posts. Playing for time I can handle (and quite understand in your position). Did you think I was accusing directly? Why would you think that?

How about actaully addressing the points made? They were quiter simple and direct. What's the problem?

You seem to think constant evasion will serve your long term interests.

I guess the fact that you got turned down really speaks volumes!

jj
Turned down?

I was asked by Sharky some time ago, long before your recent entry to this site, to be a moderator. I refused.

As for Advisor, my view is that the introduction of this role has been a negative influence on this site. It is elitist and divisive. Those that have managed to avoid the apparent ego-enhancement have not been best served and those that would have normally stepped in to serve the same purpose, do so less enthusiastically, if at all.

However, I do note, those with another potential agenda do seem to have invaded that role quite comprehensively. Of course, I could be wrong.

Mods: jj has indicated that I was turned down for a position for which I have never applied. Can I ask for him to be sanctioned on spreading false information. Please ask Sharky to confirm...rather then delete the whole caboodle....as jj would like....

I'd quite like to see some evidence of this, if you don't mind that is.
Sure, I can do that. If you get Sharky's agreement for me to publicly post a PM.

I’ve done that once before from another member and been hauled over the coals so you’ll excuse my lack of enthusiasm.

As an aside, coming from you, a master of indiscretion, I find this the highest of ironies, but I'm more than willing to post, providing you get approval.

More importantly, I’d ask you to be as enthusiastic of jj’s assertions that I have been turned down for a role I had apparently requested.

Please ask him to also provide proof that I have done so and any request has been turned down. If he is unable to do so, I suggest the only appropriate action is to permanently ban him for deliberately seeding disinformation.

Sure, I can do that. If you get Sharky's agreement for me to publicly post a PM.

I don't need Sharky's agreement. You can send it via P M

I’ve done that once before from another member and been hauled over the coals so you’ll excuse my lack of enthusiasm.

As an aside, coming from you, a master of indiscretion, I find this the highest of ironies, but I'm more than willing to post, providing you get approval.

I didn't write the bad rep comments to the mods...you did

More importantly, I’d ask you to be as enthusiastic of jj’s assertions that I have been turned down for a role I had apparently requested.

Please ask him to also provide proof that I have done so and any request has been turned down. If he is unable to do so, I suggest the only appropriate action is to permanently ban him for deliberately seeding disinformation.

No, I need Sharky's positive OK for me to publish his PM to me. Your OK is really not enough given your background and history…

Can I ask you push jj to post his evidence of my request and subsequent ‘refusal’ for a position within t2w? I’d really like to see that…or is he protected from substantiating his libel by Sharky, (e.g. this post gets deleted or nothing further from jj)??

No, I need Sharky's positive OK for me to publish his PM to me. Your OK is really not enough given your background and history…

It doesn't exist does it ? :) If on the other hand it does exist then I will be able to make a personal decision based on facts rather than hearsay.

Can I ask you push jj to post his evidence of my request and subsequent ‘refusal’ for a position within t2w? I’d really like to see that…or is he protected from substantiating his libel by Sharky, (e.g. this post gets deleted or nothing further from jj)??

No i'm very bizzi.

counter_violent said:
It doesn't exist does it ? If on the other hand it does exist then I will be able to make a personal decision based on facts rather than hearsay.
’Make a personal decision’? Nobody is asking you to do anything. You invited yourself into this conversation and requested me to substantiate my claim. More than happy to do so either with Sharky’s direct OK or more than happy to simply have him confirm the veracity of my statement directly. But either way, you’re just along for the ride…

For a mod who has publicly posted private PMs and created another nick to hide behind to do so, you really aren’t in any position to insist on anything in my book.

edit: If Sharky needs a pointer, 2005-05-22 13:40

Last edited:
As for Advisor, my view is that the introduction of this role has been a negative influence on this site. It is elitist and divisive. Those that have managed to avoid the apparent ego-enhancement have not been best served and those that would have normally stepped in to serve the same purpose, do so less enthusiastically, if at all.

It might be important to realise that, long before the label Advisor (or any label for that matter) was attached to our names, the 'advisors' avant la lettre were members of a so-called 'focus group'. We all did the same work behind the screen, helping in improving this site. The majority of the members didn't realize who we are. So "the introduction of this role" took place long before anyone knew about it.

A lot of the improved functionality and new features is in fact down down to advisors (and moderators) giving recommendations to the site administrators. Advisors also help translate member suggestions into concrete proposals. The responsibility and the implementation is obviously down to the administrators and technicians.

The point is, that a lot of people where already helping on improving the without this label attached to their names. What's remarkable is that since Sharky (no offense) made it visual who these people are, their comments and posts are suddenly regarded from a different point of view and often criticized.

I suggest people (and this is not directed at anyone in particular) focus on the message and not the messenger. The first takes more effort though, it requires people to think about what's been said. Which might explain why apparently a lot of people enjoy personal attacks, rather than focus on content and debate.

Publishing PM's without permission (unless it was really bad) is the ultimate in bad form and betrayal. Indicates the publisher's lack of principles, indiscretion and ultimately, that he cannot be trusted.

Grant.

MP -- are we still jousting with Advisors ?

Are we ?

if so, Im sure the boss will do the "right" thing, and if not, then theres a lot of people with a lot of vested interests !

so WHICH is it at this point, cause ive been a tad busy trying to actually trade !

strange new world

mp

is there one of those 'back to topic' emotes anywhere?

i was enjoying the thread. I never understood why people with such great systems would choose to advise through literature.....then again it could be an ego trip for some. stuck behind a monitor all day can be detrimental to ones mental health.