What do you think about tesla ?

From 5 year pricing history, Tesla was at $240.00 (approx) - (Aug2015), while now at the end of July2020 the price lands at $1,430.00 (approx). The company has many projects both on-going and planned while the tech-space industry seems to have a lot of interest in many aspects. Tesla was a good investment if you jumped in from the start (price proves that), but if you follow and believe at the company then, ''sky is -not- the limit''. Space is.

Attachments

• tesla 5year.png
    tesla 5year.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 195
From 5 year pricing history, Tesla was at $240.00 (approx) - (Aug2015), while now at the end of July2020 the price lands at $1,430.00 (approx). The company has many projects both on-going and planned while the tech-space industry seems to have a lot of interest in many aspects. Tesla was a good investment if you jumped in from the start (price proves that), but if you follow and believe at the company then, ''sky is -not- the limit''. Space is.
how much back up dose it get , from the fundamentals do they live up to the hype ?

Recently, one of the owners of the Tesla electric car was surprised to find a message on the display of the multimedia complex about a malfunctioning power conversion system. At the same time, the computer informed the motorist that it had sent a request for the necessary detail, which can be brought to the nearest company service.
"Tesla" confirmed the new possibility of electric cars, which have learned to diagnose malfunctions on their own and to pre-order the necessary spare details, which now don't have to wait in line. It's like going straight to a pharmacy without going to a doctor.
In one or two years, Tesla will release a new generation of electric supercar Roadster, which Ilon Mask promises to make one of the fastest cars in the world. The figures released during the premiere of the prototype are truly astounding.
Its maximum speed exceeds 400 km/h, and its power reserve without recharging is one thousand kilometers.
And that's not even all the functions of this car. Personally, I have a very high opinion about these cars, I think the future is behind them.
i see all of that bro , but what about the balance sheets the figures , do they even matter that much ?

Stock is insanely overvalued but if it's good enough for Tulips then it's good enough for Tesla....until it isn't. Getting the "until it isn't" bit right is what it's all about:)

Somewhat more seriously, there has been an increasing amount of journalese and analyst analism about how it can't possibly go higher...but then it does. I do understand the "can't" bit as the publicly known part of the the business model translates into a dose of reality being injected at some point in the not too distant etc etc...

The eagle-eyed will have noted my emphasis in the above para. Do I know what Tesla has got up its sleeve? Nope? Do you? Does anyone? Well, yes, most probably there are some, but those who do are most likely going to keep their counsel which leaves the rest of us speculating(!) about what's going to happen in Tesla-World without really having much of a clue.

I don't do stocks so I have no book to talk but there are a few questions that I have been asking myself for quite some time. I see the whole Tesla narrative as having been managed from years ago. I just don't believe that a corporation with those resources are not going to devote effort to manipulate (or stage-manage) every element that affects both their real activities and the degree of hype that surrounds the company and the apparently unhinged Musk.

So, battery day approaches. Is it going to announce a stock-boosting revolution? Ummm, most likely not but on the otoh the announcement of another notch in the steady improvement of charging times and autonomy is still going to keep them at top of the development game. On a broader front, if you look at what Tesla is doing in terms of diversification and integration and how the news of those developments will be carefully orchestrated then imho it's more a question of looking at current direction and extrapolating that in terms of possible product innovation.

Starting with batteries: it's not rocket science to realise that if they maintain a lead of any kind on battery tech then anything that needs battery is going to be fair game. Of course they can sell batteries as a product but why would they just do that when they are, after all, a vehicle manufacturing outfit? Think about what the trend is on car models: they started with the highest value and are now going for lower value higher number models. I see no reason why that policy will be changed so if it's an EV vehicle of any kind then it's fair game. We only get to hear about the headline stuff that's either announced or deliberately leaked and they're more quietly working on anything that moves - utilities, compacts, bikes, boats, planes.

All in all, the stock is currently at stupid levels but so is the market more generally and a major p/b(s) and/or a correction are in the offing and Tesla will be no exception. Can they make the stock price make sense by "catching up" to it. Again, probably not, but does that really matter? If it doesn't now then why (post aforementioned pb/correction) would it not again in the future?

It will just take one of the other car manufacturers to come out with some news on their own EV or battery technology and the Tesla bubble will burst. Its going up on wishes and dreams, they had to fake a profit in order for it to be considered entry into the s&p. Its a short term sell IMO.

It will just take one of the other car manufacturers to come out with some news on their own EV or battery technology and the Tesla bubble will burst. Its going up on wishes and dreams, they had to fake a profit in order for it to be considered entry into the s&p. Its a short term sell IMO.
As you know, I agree completely but then again I was short the s&p at around 3450 last Tuesday on the basis that going long was deranged and actually doing nothing is against my nature - better a bad trade than no trade at all:) ....anyway, was happy to get out at b/e and here we are at 3510.

So what now pussycat? Is you short? Is you long? Is you flat?

Buy Tesla!!! Go go go! And if that doesn't tank it today then I'm a Dutchman...and that should mean that it's a big"het was leuk je te kennen" from me:p

As you know, I agree completely but then again I was short the s&p at around 3450 last Tuesday on the basis that going long was deranged and actually doing nothing is against my nature - better a bad trade than no trade at all:) ....anyway, was happy to get out at b/e and here we are at 3510.

So what now pussycat? Is you short? Is you long? Is you flat?

Buy Tesla!!! Go go go! And if that doesn't tank it today then I'm a Dutchman...and that should mean that it's a big"het was leuk je te kennen" from me:p
You would have been able to sell at 3400 if you'd kept it till THIS Friday. ;)

You would have been able to sell at 3400 if you'd kept it till THIS Friday. ;)
The Orifice has spoken!
I'll be quite surprised (pleasantly so) if you're right*. I'm thinking of a bit further into September...like the Friday after :p I think the Friday after Battery day would be ideal, so the 25th latest then...or is that for 2400?

* Modestly Short Cac atm

what are they up to with the recent split ? feel like there is something fishy

Tesla Leads in Global EV Production (Nasdaq-TSLA)

Produced over 145,000 vehicles and delivered nearly 140,000 vehicles in Q3 2020

Ideanomics Inc. (Nasdaq-IDEX)

Q2 $4.7 million Revenues and Forecasts Quarter-Over-Quarter Growth

EV Sales Activity of 557 Units Invoiced in July and August , Q3 Results Pending