Tesla question

Ezeruch

Hello,

I'm brand new to investing with very small capital.

I've been learning, and read most of "new to T2W" forum posts.

I'm currently finding myself with a Tesla Put that expires on Friday. It's at a small profit, bought at $40, now it's at $69.

Should I sell it and move on? I planned on doing so coming in to today, but now I'm questioning myself, which is one of the big no nos, gotta stick to the plan.

So what would you guys do?

Haven't Tesla just announced massive losses ?
I suggest you take your small profit and stick it elsewhere.
All the big car makers are fighting for sales in the electric car market.
Tesla's share is liable to decrease.

Haven't Tesla just announced massive losses ?
I suggest you take your small profit and stick it elsewhere.
All the big car makers are fighting for sales in the electric car market.
Tesla's share is liable to decrease.

That's why I had a put, fully expecting the stock price to crash. Good thing I did sell that put though for a small profit rather than losing it all as soon as the market closed :)

Elon Musk has the gift of raising money and support.
Amazing with his actual results.

The original Tesla was murdered for his fantastical claims to have invented a death ray. Evidence shows it was all talk and no substance anyway.
Musk has the gift of the gab too.

Hello,

I'm brand new to investing with very small capital.

I've been learning, and read most of "new to T2W" forum posts.

I'm currently finding myself with a Tesla Put that expires on Friday. It's at a small profit, bought at $40, now it's at $69.

Should I sell it and move on? I planned on doing so coming in to today, but now I'm questioning myself, which is one of the big no nos, gotta stick to the plan.

So what would you guys do?

This is probably all over and done with now but a couple of points might be a help for the future.

Firstly, a gain from $40 to $69 is not a small profit, that is a massive gain, over 70%. If you invested in the entire S&P for a whole year, you'd be lucky to get 10%.

Secondly, deciding when to get out is best done before you get in. That goes for what to do if the trade goes the right way as much as it does for if it goes the wrong way.

This is probably all over and done with now but a couple of points might be a help for the future.

Firstly, a gain from $40 to $69 is not a small profit, that is a massive gain, over 70%. If you invested in the entire S&P for a whole year, you'd be lucky to get 10%.

Secondly, deciding when to get out is best done before you get in. That goes for what to do if the trade goes the right way as much as it does for if it goes the wrong way.

Thank you for your response, I do appreciate it.

One of the biggest things I'm learning is, stick to my plan. My plan was to sell when it hit $65, but it went from $63 to $67, and my stupid human emotions said "let's see where it goes". Well, of course it went back to $60 and that's where I sold.

I only had 5 puts so no I can't retire for the rest of the year :) but that put me half way through my $200 daily goal :)

Happy to hear your trade was lucrative. I agree that you should stick to your plan, well said. Having said that...trading options on Tesla and you are brand new to trading....so please tread carefully!

Changing the topic of the thread but is Tesla the new Enron. Now the SEC are suing Musk will the true financial state of the company come out.