What are your poor trading habits?

trendie

Legendary member
My day starts really well.
Tea, toast, aromatic candles, upbeat music.

I find that opening my charts causes most of my problems.

LuckyMac

Set TP and SL then ignore the trade.

So key for me. Its part of my adjustments for sure. I need to place them and go about my day. so many have it ridiculous Rs and i have either tampered with them or not taken them. All in the process i suppose

LuckyMac

Sometimes flow with the trend and forget to check for the major events happening, but thank God I've a habit of putting SL.

That is so true, SLs are so key to allow you not only to have a strategy you can backtest confidently but to protect your capital in a run of losers which is only natural according to the law of random distribution and large numbers

IceThor

I used to open way too many trading positions. I admit that I still get carried away when I am in the live market but still have become better at controlling my emotions.
Why would you open more than one? Unless you mean on multiple pairs?

IceThor

I had this problem of getting over-emotional after a loss. I used to get so pissed off that many times I tried to force a win, which I know is foolish. The losing emotions sometimes become so overwhelming that it gets difficult to follow a plan but mistakes always come with a lesson. I’ve learned that it is not possible to force a win, what I can do is to be prepared for every situation beforehand.
Yeah this is hard for sure at the beginning.

Emotions can sometimes become a huge barrier to your trading. So, it's always advisable to work seriously on your emotions so that your trades can't be ruined.

JohnDesey

Failing to take profits and allowing a green trade to turn red. This is a problem that has haunted me for years and I’m still working on it

Attila the trader

Not planning the trade day before and panicking in the morning and making bad decisions !

Attila the trader

Failing to take profits and allowing a green trade to turn red. This is a problem that has haunted me for years and I’m still working on it
that's takes a huge emotional toll on you, on the other side you could have just terminated a trade with much more potential

Jungletrader

Trying to figure out why a trade went against me as if the markets stepped out of line when really its just the nature of the beast

LuckyMac

I find i take my trades off when i should let them run to TP. It can be very hard to leave money on the table but im working on it for sure

Jungletrader

I think the ultimate goal of a trade is to be able to take a loss without even questioning why provided you've stuck to your strategy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks