What are your poor trading habits?

LuckyMac

73 19
Set TP and SL then ignore the trade.

So key for me. Its part of my adjustments for sure. I need to place them and go about my day. so many have it ridiculous Rs and i have either tampered with them or not taken them. All in the process i suppose

sunnyday

41 7
I have seen traders filled up charts with the many indicators and this will make analysis more complex. Better to make it simple. I also do the same and trying to make it distinctive.

LuckyMac

73 19
Sometimes flow with the trend and forget to check for the major events happening, but thank God I've a habit of putting SL.

That is so true, SLs are so key to allow you not only to have a strategy you can backtest confidently but to protect your capital in a run of losers which is only natural according to the law of random distribution and large numbers

Reactions: MariaRose

IceThor

183 40
I used to open way too many trading positions. I admit that I still get carried away when I am in the live market but still have become better at controlling my emotions.
Why would you open more than one? Unless you mean on multiple pairs?

IceThor

183 40
I had this problem of getting over-emotional after a loss. I used to get so pissed off that many times I tried to force a win, which I know is foolish. The losing emotions sometimes become so overwhelming that it gets difficult to follow a plan but mistakes always come with a lesson. I’ve learned that it is not possible to force a win, what I can do is to be prepared for every situation beforehand.
Yeah this is hard for sure at the beginning.

Melodiousmelody

42 7
Emotions can sometimes become a huge barrier to your trading. So, it's always advisable to work seriously on your emotions so that your trades can't be ruined.

NVP

Legendary member
37,786 2,110
many ......all under control mostly !

Reactions: IceThor

Domin_

16 1
@Melodiousmelody Yes, emotions if not controlled can affect trading decisions adversely and can blow your account in no time.
I think there will be no trader who has not experienced this before, right? We all have let our emotions interefere in our trading but the good thing is we have come a long way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock