What are you watching now?

trendie

Legendary member
6,233 1,007
Lindybeige! Love his style of education. He comes across as genuinely passionate about his subject of historical warfare.
He seems to have a bullet-point list of things to discuss, and he is natural, makes mistakes, digresses, etc.
All his podcasts seem to be in one-take.
Highlights of this podcast of the Battle of the Atlantic include his derision at the Cumberbatch film "The Imitation Game" which he describes as "five men arguing in a shed".
Loved his last 3 minutes describing Hitler as a strategic genius! :)

Exscudo

60 14
I've just watched the new Godzilla movie. Two more hours of my life wasted :)

Mariaoffw72

7 1
Right now I am watching The Walking Dead, I missed many chapters but I am already updating with the story before the next season comes out.

Signalcalc

Veteren member
3,861 816
I watched 'American Made' recently starring Tom Cruise, I'd gone off Mr Cruise for a while, but this film has revived my belief in him.

A great bit of modern history, if true, I found it believable, it's a story worth watching and yes, he wears his famous aviators, a big thumbs up from me [emoji3] [emoji106]

trendie

Legendary member
6,233 1,007
How Beauty Leads Physics Astray: Dr Sabine Hossenfelder.
Similar to Lee Smolin, she explores how modern physics seems to be hampered in new discoveries by relying on abstract ideas on the nature of beauty in theories, rather than what works, no matter how ugly.
Interesting how variations on theories keep producing null results hampering the search for new physics.

NVP

Legendary member
36,782 1,882
very timely and apt ?.......

Reactions: trendie

NVP

Legendary member
36,782 1,882
Right now I am watching The Walking Dead, I missed many chapters but I am already updating with the story before the next season comes out.

after series 5 i lost interest ......but excellent apart from that

YouAreNotFree

Experienced member
1,295 225
I grew up with Jackass, Wildboyz, Viva la Bam et al......to see SteveO and Chris still putting out content in their mid-40's makes me very happy.

trendie

Legendary member
6,233 1,007
Another great one on psychology, products, marketing, and how context determines our perceptions of value,etc, by Rory Sutherland.
(includes Ed Sheeran in a Peep Show!)

Reactions: 0007