We're moving...

Sharky

Staff
This coming Sunday 13th June we're switching our main domain address from .co.uk to .com.

Hence our new main web address will be: www.trade2win.com

The reason why we're doing this is to better reflect the international mix of members now using the site. Ever since we made it a requirement to enter your location when joining, it's been interesting to see how many different countries are now represented on the site.

We're increasingly attracting new members from across the globe who recognise that much of the excellent content on the site is just as pertinent and rewarding to them as us local boys and gals.

The change of address will be transparent, any requests for pages on the .co.uk domain will automatically be redirected to the .com domain - unless you looked at the address in the browser, you wouldn't know anything had change.

All the same, please update your bookmarks and contact details for the site to reflect this - since all our .co.uk email addresses will now have a .com equivalent. For example the new main email address for the site will be [email protected]

Also in future if you're linking to our site from other sites (yes, we do get the odd referral, and it's much appreciated!) then please use .com rather than .co.uk

There will be no disruption to normal service and the change should kick in at 12:00am Sunday morning.

In the next few minutes we'll be making the switch to the .com address. If you're currently logged in to the site, you will automatically be logged out when the move takes place and will need to relogin with your existing details.

Normally we use cookies to keep you logged in automatically, but these work on the .co.uk domain only. Hence we need to set a new cookie for the .com domain to keep you logged in, and the only way this can happen is by requiring you to relogin.

We've now successfully completed our move over to the new domain. Apologies for any inconvenience caused by having to re-login.

After re log in today the drop down menu apart from store does not work on my machine...

There was request of cookies three time today during log in...

One thought that springs to mind is that members may have set different security and privacy settings for particular websites. If you've added www.trade2win.co.uk in this way, then you'll need to replace it with www.trade2win.com. Not sure about the cookie requests, we haven't made any changes to the site code - we've just moved the domain.

editing

hmmm...I said yes to that cookie creation and it definitely said that treade2win was trying to create a cookie....

I must check the Firewall settings just to make sure....

I presume drop down menu under 'discussion' would work then?

Last edited:
"I presume drop down menu under 'discussion' would work then?"

Mine are ok

If anyone is having problems staying logged in please try the following:

1. Go to http://www.trade2win.com/boards/mycookies.php - this displays all the trade2win cookies you currently have stored on your pc. Tick ALL checkboxes and press the "Delete My Cookies" button. The page should then reload and show probably just two cookies (xid and RefererCookie). Then close all browsers and then open a new one logging back into the site.

If that doesn't work try the following:

2. Close all browsers and manually delete the cookies associated with the site from your hard drive. Then go to the site and login, then close the browser and open it again to the site, hopefully you should stay logged in.

If that doesn't work try the following:

3. Reboot your PC!

...ok I have tried all...but it must be me....I deleted cookies....then pointed my browser ti this site...i was asked to join again...i did that...i can log on and access 'new posts' but drop down menu still does not work....

I must check the Norton settings and see what is the problem..

I can access the bulletin boards and everything else, but drop down menu does not work still...

No probs...let me try for few days then will post, if problems..

regards

ok tried everyting....new cookies.....delted old cookies....the drop down menu items - discussion, reviews etc still do not work....no url link active to the drop down menu it seems....

checked Norton settings and all fine there...as before...

Zambuck

I had this problem when the site was upgraded last time. I am using Zonealarm and had popups disabled in the java script section of ZA, turning this off for the site fixed the problem. Not sure how Norton works but possibly you have them turned on for the .co.uk site but not for the newer .com site ? I found that the dropdown menus worked fine in Opera as ZoneAlarms was only fiddling with IE.

Also I had real problems yesterday with logging in, even though I had followed Sharky's advice and I could see the cookies being created. Everything fine today luckily and nothing changed on my end.

Let us know how you get on.

Stew

Sharky

Not sure if this applies to all the site, but the threads with attachments previously seem to have lost them, I guess the links are pointing to the old domain ?

Stew

Thanks for comments and advise for help...it is all fine now...you had given me a lead...and I tweaked following:

On Norton there were three site addresses.....t2w.com, trade2win.co.uk and trade2win.com...

So I deleted the first two...

Cleaned all the cookies and re entered the site...

On trade2win.com domain I allowed 'scrip' command....and that was it..!! all works fine now...

The pop ups was blocked by Norton on this site and has been the case ever since....but that wasn't the cause..

However I am now occasionally getting following error message, only while I am on this site as follows:

A run time error has occurred
Do you wish to debug
Line 47
error: 'SymRealWinOpen' is undefined

regards

zambuck said:
However I am now occasionally getting following error message, only while I am on this site as follows:

A run time error has occurred
Do you wish to debug
Line 47
error: 'SymRealWinOpen' is undefined

regards
Zambuck

Its not much help but that sounds like a problem with Norton as their software used to be from Symantec. I guess they are putting in handlers for new window requests and thus can block them depending on the settings. Probably worth having a poke around the Norton website - they also have a page where you can check your settings and installation, this often will fix problems.

Cheers

Stew

edit

Thanks...I did run that on their site....but it seems that version 2004 is giving few errors on occasions...their 2002 version was very stable...

For some reason that error has now gone after rebooting...maybe it was glitch left over from my earlier tweakings...

Last edited: