Weekly forecast for S&P 500 cash 2011

I am a little bit torn this week but I still think down for now.
Barring the market breaking down at this point an losing 50 points this week I will go with 1264.
Congratulations to good old Pete! (y)

Too much unrest is spooking investors and traders. I see a continuation of Friday's drop for this week coming up.

(I asked the parrot if she wanted a cracker for her efforts but all she would say was "show me the money").

Peter

1262 for me this week - can't see support around 1258-1260 being broken even though it will try.

average = 1275
weighted av = 1278

Attachments

• calcs.xls
    13.5 KB · Views: 220
1262 for me this week - can't see support around 1258-1260 being broken even though it will try.

Bit of hindsight, but why is everyone massively short the market when we're in a noticeable uptrend, and everyone seems to follow each other with their guestimates.

Bit of hindsight, but why is everyone massively short the market when we're in a noticeable uptrend, and everyone seems to follow each other with their guestimates.

So my reasons (I don't trade other people opinions):

Obvious consolidation period at 1300
Failed on many attempts during last week to break 1300 making only 2-3pts headway into it all week despite continued accumulation into the zone for 3 consecutive days.
Big sell off on Friday with a newer low formed outside the accumulation zone. HIgh volume on ES, one of the highest volume days I've seen for a while
Bad news in Egypt and people get jittery.

Sometimes you just get it wrong.:p

I don't think Egypt's problems are going to impact the S&P too much.
Up more than I thought but definately up imho

I don't think Egypt's problems are going to impact the S&P too much.
Up more than I thought but definately up imho

My reasons for up would be, out of the last 23 weeks 18 have been up, and also there hasn't been many times in the last 2 years that the S&P has fallen 3 weeks in a row.

For Week Ending Friday 4th Febuary at 1310.9

Name...........Call.........Direction.......Podium .........sub Total……………Total
Pat494…………..1287……………..1……………….2……………………….3………………… ..11
Lodian1019....1298............1..............3.... ..............4…………………….9
tar..............1282............1..............1. .................2.................8
isatrader.......1267............0..............0.. ................0…………………...5
wackypete2....1260............0..............0.... . ............0……………….…..5
w/average…….1276……………..1………………..0………………….…..1…………………… 4
brettus.........------............0..............0.. ................0.................3
Gaffs1964……..1287……………..1……………….2………………….…..3……………… … ..3
hwsteele.......1264............0..............0... ...............0……………..……..2
robster970.....1262............0..............0... ...............0…………….………2
av...............1275............0..............0. . ...............0.................1
Samspade79…..----..…………….0……………….0…………………….…0….…………………0
pharma……………----.....………..0………………0………………………..0………….………. 0
swatpips........1264............0............0....................0.................0

Another excellent call by Lodian1019

:clap:

Last edited:
I'm sure my 1287 must get me nore than 1 pt?

Apologies ( not even a hangover for an excuse ) - yes indeed you should get 1 pt for direction and 2 for =2nd place making a grand total of 3

I thought 2 each for second place and 1 for third, rather than 1.5 and nothing for third

i should get 1 point only and u should get 2 correct :D

I thought 1 point for direction and 1 for third for a grand total of 2 is some recognition of effort and thus fair.
Not quite F1 scoring but better imho