Wedges and trendline breaks

Took 125 on EURUSD pips tuesday and 50 on GBPUSD on monday. Other than that nothing really. I'm doing one trade a day max. Just testing out this straddle on USDJPY.

very nice pips mate 125 on eur/usd thats a monster well held, what is your straddle thing about?

morning guys and girls, moving stop on usd/jpy to b/e up 20 points and i feeli have given it enough time

now aud/usd finally made it up to the 8700 level and i missed the first entry so looking for turn arounfd here again

confluence of 50% fib on the daily and support becoming resitence and a reversal pattern should hopefully give us a good chance to jump in (y)

View attachment 85536

short aud/usd from the red line

Attachments

• aud3.gif
    aud3.gif
    30.1 KB · Views: 122
very nice pips mate 125 on eur/usd thats a monster well held, what is your straddle thing about?

When it was trading between the lines, i bought a call and a put. The premium can be quite hefty, but as long as it moves up or down far enough i make money with limited risk. I'm short AUDUSD at 0.8696 aswell, with a 20 point stop just above the high. Let's see what happens. Hopefully Friday is a notorious dollar buy day.

If USDJPY trades 90 or 92, i'm in profit. So i'm hoping for a move 89 or 93 by the end of next week. I think it's a sell towards 90, especially if it breaks the 90.50 low from yesterday. I need a Risk off today to be bouncing off the walls.

well i am taking my 20 points here as i need to go out,
its been a great week for me barely a losing trade if you wait for your levels and confluence and dont get greedy then i think its hard to loose,

you must tell me a little bit more about your trading brettus i am a little confused about what your doing but if your making money then who cares :cheesy:

be back later

also just to add i see usd/cad as a long and eur/jpy as a short will add charts later of what i am thinking

well i am taking my 20 points here as i need to go out,
its been a great week for me barely a losing trade if you wait for your levels and confluence and dont get greedy then i think its hard to loose,

you must tell me a little bit more about your trading brettus i am a little confused about what your doing but if your making money then who cares :cheesy:

be back later

also just to add i see usd/cad as a long and eur/jpy as a short will add charts later of what i am thinking

I'm mainly just swing trading at the moment. I'm not really interested in options on currencies to be honest. This USDJPY was just a special case. I've been selling into the rallies at the moment, but picking the high often against the trend. Really trying to catch the move downwards. Getting first target and normally getting stopped out on the other half at break even. Being cautiousfor now. USDCAD is offered at 1.0335 and 1.0365 to the upside, with support being a lot lower, so i favour selling rallies on this currency pair. EURUSD is stalling at the highs with bids around 1.2320. I favour AUDUSD to the downside to test recent lows around 0.8580, where i think its a buy with a target of 0.8790. If it does gets there i'll be looking to buy if not then oh well.

Pocrel How it going mate? Looks like you had a good week :)

You been using Forex tester? hope youre all good buddy.

pozzy

hi mate things not to bad, having to work this week so a bit slow with the trading but i managed to catch a couple of winners, aud/usd short yesterday and after i closed that the aud/jpy set up but i was a sleep for the exit and i missed my order by 2 pips for 60 points i think

anyway i am short eur/usd and i was going to get short the gbp/jpy but missed the entry

and with the budget it could be a wild ride

but here is the chart and what i was thinking

aud3.gif

breakout of the trenline followed by a pullback on the 1hr chart
aud2.gif

prior support becoming resitence and we also get a pinbar so alot of things suggesting it was going down

what are you trading today mate? anyone else doing anything?

this is my chart of the eur/usd trade i am in already half off and the other half moving nicely stopped moved down to 12305 area to lock in some more profit

aud2.gif

price again broke a major trend line retraced so prior supoort becoming resitence and a fib level to and a pin bar telling me price wants to go down

lots of confluence so i am short

happy to short cable around these levels maybe a little late as would love to have got the 15000 level but it has formed a reversal on the 4hr so i am going short

992.gif

well we have come up nicely to the 5o level again and i am shorting this massive area

Last edited:
happy to short cable around these levels maybe a little late as would love to have got the 15000 level but it has formed a reversal on the 4hr so i am going short

View attachment 85968

well we have come up nicely to the 5o level again and i am shorting this massive area

You might be a little early here mate. Price still making new highs on the 4Hr and resistance is a little way off. I know you are trying to short resistance on your trenlines but its a pretty bullish rising channel. For me resistance is at 5050 but could be wrong

thanks mate i do see the resistence at the 15050 level to but i am hoing for some reaction here its alos 61% fib level i could get caught offside so stop is big

will have to wait and see

fingers crossed, what about yourself?

halff off here stop at breakeven free ride from the 15000 level

happy days:clap:

halff off here stop at breakeven free ride from the 15000 level

happy days:clap:

Where did you short from? 1.5050-70 is the level. Bank levels also. EURUSD support 1.2280. USDJPY support at 89.50 and 89.25. GBPUSD is still posting higher highs over hourly. EURGBP stops been taken out at 0.8195, could push lower.

thanks mate i do see the resistence at the 15050 level to but i am hoing for some reaction here its alos 61% fib level i could get caught offside so stop is big

will have to wait and see

fingers crossed, what about yourself?

All good mate, I might be completely wrong just how it looks from my desk.

Better to buy the dip in an uptrend rather than sell the rally. (y)

you are of course right my friend just seeing this area as a huge resistence level and saw it as a place to take a cheeky punt, not ideal and not what i really want to do would like to to ssee a nice pin bar here for a reversal on the hourly
but does nt look like we will get it at the moment so i will look for other trades

anything on your radar?

Not really mate being chopped around a little at the moment. Caught a chunk of that EJ short GJ range bound and so GU. Just waitng to see if we get any life when US opens.

there is more fun in watching paint dry at the moment i should just go out and get some tanning :cheesy:

well its been a long and slow day but cable is heading south from the 15000 level

interesting bar on the daily now that has pretty much confirmed my short earlier today now another way to enter this is to let this daily bar close and short the bottom of it if the bar closing and look similar to what it does now or you could wait for a little retarce of maybe half the bar but that may never happen and you could miss the move but your stop is smaller

aud2.gif