Watch me kick the markets as@

Ive noticed something that im sure a lot of scalpers will have to.
1-Sometimes when the DOW is pretty strong the ftse is reluctant to move much.This shows weakness and you are really looking for the DOW to reverse in due course to bring futher downside to the ftse.Ive seen this line up a few times recently.So i suppose its worth shorting the ftse into the close.if the DOW gets stronger its wise to just close out your trade on that occasion.Its only a short term opportunity really but its a low risk trade.

Happens all the time. When ftse trades strong relative to dow it'll be followed by a period of trading weak relative to Dow. The safest bet is to go short ftse and long dow after the initial strong period (it'a judgement call as to when the extreme of such a period is reached) and vice versa when the initial period was weak.
The "money machine" thread details it a bit more thoroughly.

Happens all the time. When ftse trades strong relative to dow it'll be followed by a period of trading weak relative to Dow. The safest bet is to go short ftse and long dow after the initial strong period (it'a judgement call as to when the extreme of such a period is reached) and vice versa when the initial period was weak.
The "money machine" thread details it a bit more thoroughly.
(y)ill check the thread

^Just checked my thread-thanks mate^
ive been doing some scalping on a i/g demo.getting very quick fills-i doubt that happens live.trades were executed immediately with no slippage.i doubt that happens in the real world lol.
i had the dow/dax and ftse up and was just watching the patterns.i felt a little bit like jesse reading the old ticker tape.pretty hypnotic stuff-you can see the momentum -you hop on for a little ride-even when it retracts you know its going back up /down.just buying /selling in very small increments and scaling in and out.Have a wonderfull weekend -i dont want to get back in gang but the allure is so sexy-yours jesse
jesse_livermore.jpg

^Just checked my thread-thanks mate^
ive been doing some scalping on a i/g demo.getting very quick fills-i doubt that happens live.trades were executed immediately with no slippage.i doubt that happens in the real world lol.
i had the dow/dax and ftse up and was just watching the patterns.i felt a little bit like jesse reading the old ticker tape.pretty hypnotic stuff-you can see the momentum -you hop on for a little ride-even when it retracts you know its going back up /down.just buying /selling in very small increments and scaling in and out.Have a wonderfull weekend -i dont want to get back in gang but the allure is so sexy-yours jesse
jesse_livermore.jpg

With IG live you get wont get slippage when taking the trade they just won't fill your trade.
Think it says price no longer available.
You will get positive slippage sometimes.

Platform is fine with quick fills.
Can have multiple deal tickets open on the same instrument.
So can be in and out in seconds.

^good to know thanks^
i also like the min 50pence per point-i scale in with 3-6 positions which i suppose takes you up to £3 per point.i also scale out gradually.it works for me

I have always been looking for a good safe method to be honest.I know you dont do indices but i will run my method past you to see what you think.i have not copied this from anyone and i will bin it if i get too frustrated or it doesnt work. i am on a demo at the moment and i have made a little money over 2 days.i have 2 or 3 indices up and i look at them live.dow,ftse dax.i am looking at how they correlate with each other and im try to sense strength and weakness.say for instance the dow is 17573 and the ftse is 6567 i watch the 2 prices and i try and determine how they are correlating together.the dow may be rising slightly and the ftse may be only up slightly and not doing much.my alarm starts to go and i look at the ftse as being weak.so i am looking to short the ftse at 50pence per point.i am wanting the dow to drop-the ftse should then break.i build a position by scaling in say 6 x 50p(spread is 1).if everything goes in my favour i may scale out taking my positions off for a profit.if positions are going against me i dont really worry unless the correlation changes.so i may take 3 positions off for profit and have 3 that are not doing much .i am obviously wanting the 3 losing or stagnating positions to come into profit.my time frame at the moment is about 3-10 mins-profit can be 3-10 pounds or more.i do not have any financial targets at the moment but would be happy with about £50 for say 2-3 hrs work.it may be a pipe dream but we will see how it goes.obviously if my positions go pair shaped i would just cut and run.F what is your view on that.be as frank as you like mate.
so in essence i am a momentum trader and im not trying to pick tops/bottoms of anything.i just want to take a little bit and get out.i can then re enter later if need be and adopt the same method.
i should add that if both the ftse and dow are strong on the day i will be buying on pullbacks and not fighting or shorting.
if the ftse and dow are weak on the day i will be shorting on rises.hope that makes sense .
on the day is the key as everyone knows we are in a BULL.
I POSTED THIS ON Fs thread.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Its my method at the moment.
Opinions welcome from anyone please.

ACCOUNT SUMMARY IN STERLING
Details Total £
CASH BALANCE
RUNNING PROFIT OR LOSS
TOTAL SURPLUS OR DEFICIT
CLOSED POSITIONS AND LEDGER TRANSACTIONS IN STERLING
Stake Amt Due
Buy (+) Opening Closing to you Date Bet ID Details Sell (-) Level Level or us (-)
BROUGHT FORWARD 0.00
OTHER TRANSACTIONS
04NOV14 Bank Deposit 10,000.00
05NOV14 CARRIED FORWARD 10,000.00
^^^^^start of demo^^^^

STATEMENT
06 NOV 2014
Account No. X**** Acc Name Demo-Spread bet
Printed at 01:16:16
Page 1
Details Total £
CASH BALANCE
RUNNING PROFIT OR LOSS
TOTAL SURPLUS OR DEFICIT

STATEMENT
07 NOV 2014
Printed at 01:16:34
Page 1
Details Total £
CASH BALANCE
RUNNING PROFIT OR LOSS
TOTAL SURPLUS OR DEFICIT

STATEMENT
09 NOV 2014
Printed at 13:36:45
Page 1
Details Total £
CASH BALANCE
RUNNING PROFIT OR LOSS
TOTAL SURPLUS OR DEFICIT

DAX 9,291.83 ----- high-9,414.32 -85.58 ^^^^^^^
9290(see thumbnails)------shorting at this level appears strange as a lot of people want to catch the falling knife and buy.but my time frame may be 1min.i could see the price declining imho-

Last edited:
forgot to mention but on friday at about 4pm i was watching the ftse/dow/dax.
the dow had been up a number of days and was pretty steady.the ftse was also strong and was not moving much.the dax appeared weak at that time and was on the downside quickly when the dow was retracting a couple of points.
DOW-STRONG- BUT DIFFICULT TO JUDGE DIRECTION
FTSE-VERY STRONG-MOVING VERY LITTLE (even when dow declined a few points)
DAX-WEAK-MOVING ON THE DOWNSIDE WHEN THE DOW MOVED A FEW POINTS.

DECISIONS DECISIONS.Do i put some money in an isa earning 2% or do i play the markets.
Lol do you think im an idiot.ive just done it on line-an isa ofcourse .ill grow a pair nxt yr.

STATEMENT
16 NOV 2014
Printed at 12:31:10
Page 1
Details Total £
CASH BALANCE
RUNNING PROFIT OR LOSS
TOTAL SURPLUS OR DEFICIT
learnt a lot for a loss of £78.
only kidding about the overnight holding of positions-

balance-9942-traded for 10 mins at the 8am open-damn i made a bit and have a little more confidence-always a bad sign.ill post some stats later