Watch HowardCohodas Trade Index Options Credit Spreads

Status
Not open for further replies.
very interesting discussion. i read thru all 138 pages and learned a lot from a few members.

HC is just selling deep OTM iron condors, and hasn't come across a series of losing periods yet...are ppl overreacting? i think lots of ppl are doing similar stuff around... selling naked put, etc.?

very interesting discussion. i read thru all 138 pages and learned a lot from a few members.

HC is just selling deep OTM iron condors, and hasn't come across a series of losing periods yet...are ppl overreacting? i think lots of ppl are doing similar stuff around... selling naked put, etc.?

That's impressive.

Small clarification. ICs are an artifact, not the trading instrument. The trading instrument is the credit spread.

And I may trade options naked, but I never trade naked options. ;)

2011-01-31_a_Journal.png

31 JAN 2010 Trading Plan

Opportunity - Takeoffs are optional
Column: IC - Opportunity to form an Iron Condor
Spread #61 and 89 are unpaired.

Column: Spread P/L - Opportunity to roll
Spreads #63, #65, and #80 at more than 80% of capped profit.

Jeopardy - Landings are mandatory
Column: Probability of Touching
PUT spreads 79, 90, 88 & 89 exceed 40% PoT. The overnight futures indicate a modest increase at opening, therefore each of the PUT spreads above should improve relative to PoT. The spreads will be reviewed at market opening and periodically during the day.

Column: Days Until Expiration
Two spreads are 3 days from expiration.

Column: At Risk P/L
PUT spreads 79, 90, 88, 89 & 83 are loss positions. Same procedures as outlined above for PoT

New Opportunity
None

I gathered that the dashboard was pulling info directly from a ToS excel feed. Are you typing the information in manually?

I gathered that the dashboard was pulling info directly from a ToS excel feed. Are you typing the information in manually?

It's a mishmash at the moment. The Dashboard you see is the online version that was written to get data directly from ToS via a FIX API. They have suspended granting new FIX accounts for retail traders pending decisions by their new owners. And they may not continue the program. I have yet to write the automatic daily update of my mySQL data base as I keep thinking I will still get ToS access.

Christ, where do i start with this one?

Tongue in cheek comes to mind.

Howard, some of the posters on this thread have tried to explain the greeks and give reason as to why you will eventually fail. Fair enough.

I'm gonna give you the most realistic response to your trading activities.

No city firm would ever touch you, as a retailer, continuously selling options.

You, Howard, would be viewed as a chancer, not a trader.

Nice try! Could do better!

Howie, there are people who can trade, there are people who can't trade, then there is the middle ground. The middle ground is occupied by every douchebag on the planet, book writers, on-line coaches, system vendors, and yes...continuous retail option sellers.

Go for it mate, you could die a rich man, but you will never be recognised as a real trader.
Where do I begin?

What makes you think I want to be known as a real trader?

What are your credentials that I should take your post for anything besides amusement?

What reasons do you see why I might fail? Repeat what others have said, but do tell, what are they?

I do hope you have something useful to offer. So far, not so much.

Do you know of any companies in the city?

We've got your method, how would we/you approach these companies in the city?

You seem like a professional to me Howard, lets do it.

You've got your GCSE style dashboard and bar chart, wrap it up and push it forward.

Let's see who takes you on.

:?:

Do you know of any companies in the city?

We've got your method, how would we/you approach these companies in the city?

You seem like a professional to me Howard, lets do it.

You've got your GCSE style dashboard and bar chart, wrap it up and push it forward.

Let's see who takes you on.

Let's see...

You read this thread yet you don't know what my goals are.

You read this thread but you don't know where I live.

You have read this thread and you don't know how I treat posters ask questions based on false or ignorant premises.

Any completely ignored my attempt to tease out of you some contribution to the dialog.

I think you are to be ignored until you can prove your bona fides. If you don't think so, make your case.

Ah the internet where everyone's a big time trader, right manager?

kudos to Howard for having the stones to develop a system and put it out there for critque! Seems to be working quite well, I know, I know, it's gonna blow up, right?

There's a black swan around every corner, huh?

Last edited:
Howard, answer to me, do not send your concubines to answer me.

Hey THE_MANAGER, what's the problem? Some people are here to Watch Howard Trade Index Options Credit Spreads. Others just want to watch him wash his balls in cool, refreshing Budweiser.

Live and let live, that's my motto.

Status
Not open for further replies.