Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible divergence building here, if we can hold the 4950 level through US open and 3Pm news we may be on our way back up.

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (02-OCT-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (02-OCT-09).png
    23.2 KB · Views: 96
Hey guys

In need of help quick!! Havent been on this site in a good while but I know you're a good group so thought i'd ask. Need some help ASAP.

If anyone who's looking here knows when you put a Schatz/Bund (german 2yrvs10yr) spread on, for every basis point that the spread moves, how much does it correspond to in value terms?

I've calculated €90 for a move from 193bps to 194bps but i'm not sure. It's for my ceo and i'm under the gun here.

Cheers

JT

long Cable 15911

Stop to BE
Watched in make 27 points and stop out on break even, all in 15 mins. FX is a cruel mistress!

Last edited:
Would have been better spot if i traded:(
Just got in as i saw it, there was some nice support at that level but hand no lines in so heh ho.

Would have been better spot if i traded:(
Just got in as i saw it, there was some nice support at that level but hand no lines in so heh ho.

Where are you with Cable now, Chelski?

Rightly or wrongly I've chosen eurodollar for the longer trade today. I've been waiting post NFP to place a short trade - wanted to see the daily S1 @ 14634 hold and price move past the 61.8% retrace @ 14630 (that's the retrace from June 2008 swing high and 31 October 08 low) .

Entry would be on a pullback on a lower TF to the low of last week - 14,610. I'm short now from 14,598.

Rightly or wrongly I've chosen eurodollar for the longer trade today. I've been waiting post NFP to place a short trade - wanted to see the daily S1 @ 14634 hold and price move past the 61.8% retrace @ 14630 (that's the retrace from June 2008 swing high and 31 October 08 low) .

Entry would be on a pullback on a lower TF to the low of last week - 14,610. I'm short now from 14,598.

I went short this morning around 8am, 61.8 Fib failed to hold so saw down side, with trend to. Took +30.
Been out most of the day, just took a long and got stopped on BE. (missed 27 pips!) It was a break of a trend line, it faked out once so went in again after it held support on 15m trendline. However , seems very choppy at present.

Hi everyone,

Great thread, been reading for a while know and its been a great source of information. Im just starting out, trading FSTE and DOW to start with. I have an account with CMC. Could I ask what software tools use use for your TA and charting and how much it costs??

Good weekend to all

This market is certainly in a buy on dips mode

a very very impressive retracement yesterday, i hope everyone didn't get caught short yesterday from 14.00 onwards ..........including the currencies and oil

S&P500
market hits gap fill 1030 , then Fib retracement of 61.8% @ 1023 , back to gap fill 1030 and then double top and failure

Attachments

• US SPX500 Daily (02-OCT-09).png
    US SPX500 Daily (02-OCT-09).png
    18.1 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

I had to get out of this for +22 before weekend carry cost on IG - I really need to sort out a platform/broker for longer term trades now I won't be trading full time.

Ideally I would want to be holding a medium term short position on pairs while trading their movements when I can intraday - think my mistake above was waiting for a trade set up on higher timeframes but trading with little time left in the day on an intraday basis. Especially with something like e$, where I can't seem to get a grip on it intraday but have a firm view of its higher direction.

I let all the major day moves go trying to get a position based on a higher tf analysis - silly really, letting over hundreds of pips movement play out to pick up the last few pips before sundown.

Geithner Says ‘Very Important’ to Have Strong Dollar (Update1)
Share | Email | Print | A A A

By Rebecca Christie

Oct. 3 (Bloomberg) -- Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner said it’s “very important” for the U.S. to have a strong dollar and pledged to preserve its role as world currency.

The U.S. will do “everything necessary” to maintain confidence in its currency, he told reporters after attending a meeting of counterparts and central bankers from the Group of Seven in Istanbul. This includes reining in budget deficits over time to put the country on a more “sustainable” path, he said.

“It is very important to the United States that we continue to have a strong dollar,” Geithner said. “We recognize that the dollar’s important role in the system conveys special burdens and responsibilities on us and we are going to do everything necessary to make sure we sustain confidence.”

The G-7 policy makers met at the end of a week in which officials from France to Canada signaled concern a sliding dollar is threatening to impede their economic recoveries from the deepest global recession since World War II. The dollar has dropped 14 percent against a basket of seven currencies since early March.

Geithner pledged that the U.S. would live up to its promises to “bring our broad fiscal imbalances back to a sustainable position” as soon as economic recovery is assured.

When asked about the dollar falling as a result of international efforts to reduce global imbalances, Geithner said he wouldn’t go beyond what was in the official G-7 communique. “I carefully crafted a statement on that important issue,” Geithner said. “The important thing is that we want to make sure the world is growing.”

morning all
s500 is getting squeezed .looks like a big move is brewing
green trendlines squeezing in the price
purple are vertical counts.as a guisde only
daily data.
7pts by 3 reversal
hilo

2cr4uus.png

Status
Not open for further replies.