Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah no what you mean,gets the old hart beating watching those £10 notes go up and down with every point movement.

It sounds to me like you are gambling. Trading in my opinion should be mostly boring with the occasional patch of "That was a nice windfall".

I also understand the concept of 'I can afford it' - maybe you can - maybe the money you are wasting (because that is what you are actually doing) would be better put to use elsewhere. What's your favourite charity ?

Why not treat the money you have earnt with a bit more respect.

A friend of mine gave me some advice along the following lines:

1) Try to achieve 1% return every week for a month. If you achieve 1% EVERY WEEK then go to stage 2.
2) Try to achieve 1.5% return every week for month 2. If you achieve 1.5% EVERY WEEK in month 2 then go to stage 3
3) Try to achieve 2% return every week for month 3. If you achieve 2% EVERY WEEK in month 3 then go to stage 4 etc

etc - you get the point anyway. Prior to step 1 is demo trading. Don't be afraid to go back to demo trading if your live trading goes downhill. I know I had to do this a few times.

61% coming under fire again, key level to watch.

Cable that is! Taken out on 4H.
I am Short cable. 15899

Last edited:
I am not trading FTSE until november, but a sell stop at 4999 looks tempting, I am sure a lot of longs will have stops at 5k. Long covering could take another 40 to 50 points out of this mother.

good morning all my fellow trader colleagues

bull flag formed on FTSE .........provided it holds the gap down level ...gap fill target of 5050

stronger than DAX today...but on the verge of negating bear flag ....gap fill target 5555

also EURO just had a nice rally off its lows...which should help oil ...and help commodities...

Last edited:
Not trading today. But just poped in to give some insight of what is happening now.
We have seen the retracement together with the plan of the end of september ending weak.
This is October and we should the market beginging to pick up from today going into next week.
Simple statogy when the market is acting like this is to place orders five points above and below the previouse days highs/lows and let it ride.
For me I would place 10 contracts to buy/sell at this level then another 10 five point s away then so on as each order is executed my market conditions.
None farm will see this market move big time, place OCO orders 10pts away ether side of the market on DAX/Footsie and let it ride on the direction. I would increase the risk of money higher on this type of stratogy.
Have fun all and keep thouse stops in place .....

Not trading today. But just poped in to give some insight of what is happening now.
We have seen the retracement together with the plan of the end of september ending weak.
This is October and we should the market beginging to pick up from today going into next week.
Simple statogy when the market is acting like this is to place orders five points above and below the previouse days highs/lows and let it ride.
For me I would place 10 contracts to buy/sell at this level then another 10 five point s away then so on as each order is executed my market conditions.
None farm will see this market move big time, place OCO orders 10pts away ether side of the market on DAX/Footsie and let it ride on the direction. I would increase the risk of money higher on this type of stratogy.
Have fun all and keep thouse stops in place .....

Good morning TomTom........

i am still thinking about the restaurant, i will let you know once i have decided ....haha!!

take care my friend, always look forward to your posts

We are all unique in our style of trading folks

good morning all my fellow trader colleagues

bull flag formed on FTSE .........provided it holds the gap down level ...gap fill target of 5050

stronger than DAX today...but on the verge of negating bear flag ....gap fill target 5555

also EURO just had a nice rally off its lows...which should help oil ...and help commodities...

1st target hit on DAX and FTSE .....20 MA

hi WS,do you see us testing 5050 before the announcement later,then?

also what do you think of lloyds?been looking to get back in sub 97 but not so sure now

Which way for cable?
61% is holding, just! (4h) If we hold on the close, break up looks possible, there is resistance on the 1M to take out first.

I'm seeing a gravestone doji beginning to appear on the Weekly. Last time I saw that was when it topped 1.7 and then sold off massively.

hi WS,do you see us testing 5050 before the announcement later,then?

also what do you think of lloyds?been looking to get back in sub 97 but not so sure now

I have gone long on DAX and FTSE and my positions are break even

I have taken 2/3 off my long positions off at 20 MA on 10 min chart

I have added to my longs @ 5012 FTSE and 5517 DAX ...stop loss 25-30 points

watch EUR/USD............currently putting in double top @ 1.4560 ...if we break this then I believe market will go higher as oil will catch a bid ....oil is very bullish at present !!

IF 20 MA gets taken out then yes i believe we will fill the gap yesterday @ 5048

But always do your won analysis my friend and keep your stops in place as market is king

FTSE hit stop loss break even ........good job i got took 2/3 at 20 MA

only 1 contract left open now...stop loss 4082

Dax long position still surviving .....position still break even

keep watching eur/usd for direction

watch this line on the DAX chaps

i am more happy with my long , it is always positive when the DAX is the leader as FTSE started to falter

FTSE falls below 5000 and then trades back above it .............i can smell a rat, market makers knocking out stops

Also watch oil Folks $69.8 key level

Attachments

• Germany 30 Daily (01-OCT-09).png
    Germany 30 Daily (01-OCT-09).png
    14 KB · Views: 122
Today, I got caught. I shorted at, what I thought was a pullback at 0853, 5019, but that new top at 1005 scared me and I closed out. I'm going to have to increase my risk. I trade with stops too close.

watch this line on the DAX chaps

i am more happy with my long , it is always positive when the DAX is the leader as FTSE started to falter

FTSE falls below 5000 and then trades back above it .............i can smell a rat, market makers knocking out stops

Also watch oil Folks $69.8 key level

Maybe, this afternoon it will go higher but, until then, I think that we could be in for some chop.

In any case, I've missed my chance, this morning, and I'm off until Monday. Have a good afternoon and a nice weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.