Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
LL , Kaisen.

It's the FTSE (The market, not SB prices) , 8.00-16.30.
Real FTSE 20MA = 4760.9
IG FTSE Daily Cash, 20MA = 4760.6 (again market hours)

Mentioned only because if LL is evaluating the markets reaction to MA's as he learns , then he's likely to come away with the wrong impression if he's looking at different data to the rest of the market.

Can anyone recommend a good data source and charting facility that allows user made indicators

Free stuff.

Depends on what data you want , Shares , Indices, some bonds, then Yahoo is ok

EOD futs you can use barchart.com , although if your collecting a load of data you will have to parse the data from web pages.

Currencies then use MT4. (I think you can import data into MT4 (yahoo data I'm thinking of), never tried though so ?? )

MT4 will allow you to program custom indicators (yet to look into it).

I use ProSuite. (Edit : which erm isn't free)

we should get a bounce tomorrow....
i think.an upward trendline support area
21b3a15.png

Thanks masnachu. I dont know how to switch IG charts to market hours only.

lonlad, goto:

tools - realtime charts - in the 'it charts' window clik on 'options' - the bottom of the list is 'set timezones and trading hours' - scroll down the list on the left for FTSE - on the right switch to 'use trading hours for this market'

Last edited:
blix: has this broken your channel?

just a bit mate!

but now it's sitting right on my 21MA (this is on the daily). i'll be waiting to see how it deals with this.

from the FTSE rally starting july 13, it has tested this MA on only one period, which was aug 17 - 18 and 19.

aug 17 and 19 breached my MA by 20 pts. i'll be looking for a breach of my 21 MA of OVER 20 pts before i'd start to consider the possibility of a direction change.

i could see a retracement to 4500 coming up fairly soon to be honest (pausing @ 4625 first)...look at the action from the march rally.

the major support was the high before the drop.

the last major support before the july drop was 4500, i could see a retracement to this major support before a move to take out 5000.

Thanks blix. Do you know how to save the chart after you have made trendlines / pivots etc on IG's realtime chart? I know how to save a template of my indicators, but not the actual chart with my graphis / notes on it?

it automatically prompts you to save all your changes when you close the IT chart window.

you also have the option of saving your changes before you close the IT charts if you've just done a lot of work.

the save (or the save on exit) saves ALL the work on any chart you've worked on. again, this is on the main IT charts window under 'file'.

if you have your own watchlist on IG, it will be available on the IT chart 'lists' page.

Both OIL and USD to break their respective 50-day MAs ...68.24 & 79.11

annauel, ISM did trigger stock market rally BUT about 40 mins later combination of several rumours about Wells Fargo, Cerberus led to big selling. I do believe that technicals are taking over here. Also, the rise in ISM was prompted mainly by new orders component. I wrote all of this on my twitter btw. Intermarkets working like charm. Oil, stocks and yields all started to selloff, giving FX traders the obvious green signal to buy USD and YEN against eveythng else.

risky, thanks

Ashraf
from ashraf laidi board

In the ideal world of time cycles the market should pause / retrace a bit for 1 or 2 days before going further down. I will probably stay on the sidelinest and watch price action.

SP500 has retraced 61% of last upmove in 2 days! See chart. Break of 17 Aug low will mean the whole rally is over and we crash down again.

FTSE only retraced not even 50%, 13 Aug resistance turned support (see chart) so FTSE has some catching up to do..

Attachments

• SP500 1sept09.jpg
    SP500 1sept09.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 127
  • FTSE 1sept09.jpg
    FTSE 1sept09.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 133
sell sell sell

shorters paradise

looking to buy FTSE around 4700- 4730 region

busy doing day job

adios amigos