Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, im a new trader.

FTSE100
Long term its a winner
Short term = possible down period

Does that seem to be the case?

How long can this current trading range last?

WOW, I never expected this blog to develop so quickly.............

We are approaching almost 100, 000 hits on this blog chaps ..........

I don't like bragging chaps and this is definitely not due to me but mainly due to the contribution from Dentist, Dr Blix, Rezadamus but to name a few ......... and to all the Newbies and experienced traders a like

Congratulations on the success of the thread. All the Best.

Split

bond blletin from carley garner

Oversold, but doesn't matter

The highly anticipated reopening of $19 billion in 10-year notes went off at a pricey 3.99% and a 2.62 bid to cover. Bond and notes were heavily offered on the news putting each of the futures contracts at levels not seen since November of last year. The markets will be tested again tomorrow with the reopening of $11 billion in 30-year bonds which hasn't had strong showings in the previous two occasions.

Traders note that even in the midst of quick price action, the trading volume isn't impressive. However, that may change in the coming sessions and investors will be tempted to put money to work in Treasuries. The 4% mark on the benchmark 10-year note has been a key pivot point throughout the most recent twelve months and we don't expect things to be any different now. At some point (maybe not today or tomorrow, but soon) investors will begin to notice the value that Treasuries offer. While 4% isn't a "gravy train" it isn't bad and it is nearly guaranteed.

It was pointed out to me that the Fed no longer refers to its Treasury buying program as "quantitative easing". Most likely because they have come to the realization that it would be dangerously expensive to purchase enough of their own securities to actually cap yields. Nonetheless, they are at least making the bears think twice about getting too comfortable.

The buck has managed to keep most of the gains forged last week, but Treasury traders have yet to respond. Chatter of the Chinese pulling out of the dollar, and more importantly dollar backed assets, have prevented correlation between bonds and the greenback. If the U.S. dollar index breaks through resistance near 80.55, the June futures could be on their way to 83. If this is the case, bonds and notes should find a floor.

For those of you with the short T-Bond puts, that turned into a strangle...and has undergone many adjustments in between; we are looking to roll the 112 puts into the 110 puts in order to put the trade into a nearly delta neutral position going into the auctions today and tomorrow. We paid 41 ticks to do it, but have managed to collect enough premium around the primary position to keep the overall trade as a nice credit...now we just have to keep it.

This turned out to be a much more intensive trade than we anticipated and has undergone many different faces in order to salvage time value and allow for profitability. It seems as though barring any large volatility moves, this may be the final necessary adjustment and after what seems like an eternity of sleepless nights, the trade seems to be in a position to actually be profitable. Let's see if the market will cooperate.

Also, I realize that many of you have alternatives to the positions that we do (as displayed below) if you have any questions or need ideas, I am here for you.

We are looking for support in the 30-year bond near 112'07 then again at 111'20. The 10-year note should hold above 112'18 even in the case of an auction gone bad.

Whipsaw heaven

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (10-JUN-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (10-JUN-09).png
    22.8 KB · Views: 123
Hi Kaisen, I had to leave the trades unattended so I cranked everything up to break even at 4440- where I was making around 30 points on all my positions, I could have closed them all giving me a net P&L of 12 points for the day, but I thought it would reach my target...obviously the market dropped a bit, but I was protected against that, so it was a net P&L of 0, with just the one loss of the day...oh well, better luck next time. Losses for me are a bitter pill to swallow- I hate it, and I think all serious traders should too...

Good to hear that it didnt turn out too bad! Could have been much worse! I am still interesting, from a newbie learning point of view, what your analysis or rational for the trades was?

Best of luck for today!(y)

WOW, I never expected this blog to develop so quickly.............

We are approaching almost 100, 000 hits on this blog chaps ..........

I don't like bragging chaps and this is definitely not due to me but mainly due to the contribution from Dentist, Dr Blix, Rezadamus but to name a few ......... and to all the Newbies and experienced traders a like

well done ws! combo of good analysis and nice people who all seem interested to learn and help each other! nice place to be!

All the best:D

Yeah thanks all for all your help. It has helped me as a newbie trader considerably.

Today will be a bit of a stalemate until the 30yr bonds are released correct?

Morning all

Newbie here, just wanted to gather peoples thoughts on the ftse today? we have seen a good sell off at the open and are now bouncing back towards the open price any ideas on where we will head today and important levels to watch out for? or will it be a bit of sideways action like mentioned above until we get news from the states?

Leo, are you there?

We've moved above that resistance on oil you spoke about re: the saucer on the weekly

Its taking off now, at intraday high

For the first time in a long while the FTSE has actually moved in a 2 wave, 3 wave from S1 to pivot, as its 'supposed to do'. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.