Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
x Report by Carley Garner
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/us-...port-carley-garner-post780868.html#post780868
Posted by: carleygarner
On: 29-05-2009 04:26 AM

May 28th, 2009

Indecision could mean large break-out

It was a relatively action packed trading session, with plenty of trade on both sides of the market. However, in the end the bulls came out on top. The major indices seemed to find comfort in a successful 7-year note auction and Bill Gross' endorsement of U.S. Treasuries. Normally it is the equity markets that drive interest rates, but as of late it has been the other way around.

Tomorrow morning should also be action packed, the release of first quarter GDP, the Chicago PMI and Michigan Sentiment will all offer guidance to a directionless market.

The U.S. greenback and commodities such as crude oil posted gains on the day suggesting that there are still some traders speculating on an economic recovery. In theory this optimism could leak into equities tomorrow and even early next week but we are having serious doubts as to the prospects of a sustainable rally.

Equities are going nowhere fast and it is easy to see the market's frustration; price moves in recent sessions have been quick and seemingly illogical at times. In my experience, this type of trade is typically a precursor to a large move. Direction? Great question; my best guess is that we are eventually headed lower. However, bears should be careful in getting too comfortable because my charts are still pointing toward a potential run at the highs before turning over. In other words, we could see one last "sucker's" rally to lure in the last Johnny come lately before the bears are finally rewarded once again.

Again, we can't make any predictions that we are comfortable publishing. Nonetheless, we are looking at 900 in the S&P as a critical pivot and see significant resistance near 924 and support near 876. In the Dow, we think that 8,370 is the make or break point and resistance lies at 8,540 with support at 8,200. The NASDAQ is stuck in a range between 1440 and 1392, but a break of support could mean 1342 in short order.

What the Russell does from here is a coin toss, we see resistance at 511 and support near 470.

S&P 500 Futures and Options Trading Recommendations
**There is unlimited risk in naked option selling and futures trading

Position Trade -

Flat

Russell Futures and Options Trading Recommendations

Position Trade -

Flat

NASDAQ Futures and Options Trading Recommendations

Position Trade -

Flat

Morning all!

ws - I am also on CMC. Quick question, is there any way we can trade the shares that closed yesterday at 16.30hrs before they zoom up after the lift in the US and the lift in the FTSE? FTSE showing up over 50pts on the system - is there any way we can get into stock before they open? CMC or otherwise?

Also, you mentioned you had heard bad things regarding CMC - what have you heard?

All the best

Morning all!

ws - I am also on CMC. Quick question, is there any way we can trade the shares that closed yesterday at 16.30hrs before they zoom up after the lift in the US and the lift in the FTSE? FTSE showing up over 50pts on the system - is there any way we can get into stock before they open? CMC or otherwise?

Also, you mentioned you had heard bad things regarding CMC - what have you heard?

All the best

good morning chaps

no, unfortunately kaisen there is now way you can purchase equities before the open

with regards to cmc , just do a search in the keywords area and you will find several blogs all complaining about CMC

good morning chaps

no, unfortunately kaisen there is now way you can purchase equities before the open

with regards to cmc , just do a search in the keywords area and you will find several blogs all complaining about CMC

could he spread bet out of hours on a future/cash based price?.. spread is worse however

morgen,

our pivot is 4410, 10 pts bandwidth...what's the opposite of volatile!

edit:

this is an incredibly sedate opening.

SORRY THAT SHOULD READ 4430!! i havent woken up yet

Last edited:
Morning dr. Blix

Where do you obtain your pivot, on livecharts
pivot is 4381. Can you explain ?

i look at the middle of the price action...that's the only pivot that counts in my opinion.

daily pivots, and any other pivots you calculate are from day old data...sometimes they're respected, sometimes not, because that day old data can't take into consideration today's events. so my pivot is not static.

i calculate my pivots like the floor traders used to. as things happen.

i'm just learning though, so i may be completely wrong.

caramilla today my prices..

H4 4454 Long breakout
H3 4431 SHORT
H2 4424
H1 4416

L1 4402
L2 4394
L3 4387 LONG
L4 4364 Short breakout

As ever, liking your thinking Dr Blix!(y)

i look at the middle of the price action...that's the only pivot that counts in my opinion.

daily pivots, and any other pivots you calculate are from day old data...sometimes they're respected, sometimes not, because that day old data can't take into consideration today's events. so my pivot is not static.

i calculate my pivots like the floor traders used to. as things happen.

i'm just learning though, so i may be completely wrong.

sorry chaps,i havn't woken up properly yet, this mornings pivot isn't 4410, it's 4430 (with 20 pts total range)

edit:

i'd better go and have a coffee:cheesy:

Morning all.

I'm watching the 4440 - 4460 area for a possible short. Problem is there seems to be a lot of upward momentum going into this area meaning that it may just carry on through to 4500. hmm...

nice start to the morning mr blix

was long there at 4435 sl -15 tp open...out at 4445

+10 incl spread..

ascending triangle it is then...watch that itchy trigger finger carlos, maybe wait for the retracement?

EDIT:

LOL, too late, you already got your ninja trade in!! good work carlos :)

ascending triangle it is then...watch that itchy trigger finger carlos, maybe wait for the retracement?

EDIT:

LOL, too late, you already got your ninja trade in!! good work carlos :)

thanks bud..
upper bolli breakout on 5min.. retracement of sorts due in a bit... but when and how far??? :rambo:

4444 has been very important recently. interesting to see if holds well as support.

EDIT:

my pivot is now 4437

4444 has been very important recently. interesting to see if holds well as support.

EDIT:

my pivot is now 4437

I agree, 4450 ish seems to be a level of resistance, looking back to 19-21st May we bounced off it several times before coming through.

Status
Not open for further replies.